Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT- College isn't FUN

Veteran
    This stuff just isn&#39;t what it used to be <_<

Freshman & Sophomore year were Great&#33; So great, that I can barely remember them, if you know what I mean.

But Now, ughh... The work is getting harder...and harder...and harder and I&#39;m a Communications Major :lol:

Please tell me it gets better.

All Pro
    In 3 years when you are teaching your boss how to do his/her job you will long for the not so fun days in college that you are going through now.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

A s**t saturday night in college is better than an unforgettable saturday night with a wife and kids

Enjoy College kid

Rookie
    Enjoy it all now. Wait until you get a full time job. That &#39;s when the real pain comes. My advice - do whatever the coolest internship you can find to get yourself in position to get a FUN job.

Repeat after me INTERNSHIP. It&#39;s the best way to get the jobs that are not posted online or in the papers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    the top notch college student goes to what? 12 hours of class a week? expected to do maybe 20 hours total work

way better than the 60 hour work week

Rookie
    Communications has spots in the NFL.

I think that the NFL.com site has a link to jobs the JETS had a marketing spot last time I checked.

All Pro
    Originally posted by bitonti@Mar 5 2005, 08:08 PM
    the top notch college student goes to what? 12 hours of class a week? expected to do maybe 20 hours total work

Yep, 60 hour work weeks when things go WELL. Definately enjoy it while you can GM

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by bitonti@Mar 5 2005, 08:08 PM

12 hours of class in college???

Yeah, I forgot you went to one of those "higher up" schools

I&#39;ll never forget one class I took in school, History of Vietnam Wars

Went to the 1st day, 1 about half way through, and the open book final

Life of the college athelete was sooooooo tough :lol:

You should be enjoying it Bro. 20 years from now, you will be wishing you could re-live the good old college days, even with the studying. Think I&#39;ll go eat dinner with the wife and kids now then fall asleep on the couch, just another Saturday night.

Veteran

True Bitonti.

But I work 20-30 hours a week and Have lots of studying. Up until A couple weeks ago I also had a Girl Friend of nearly 3 years to worry about as well. Talk about trying to maintain grades, work, and a GF and it&#39;s a b*tch.

I ain&#39;t this stuff is unbearably hard, just annoying.

All League
    Enjoy it while you can. Take advantage of your youth and energy and freedoms.

In ten years, twenty years, you will understand what we are talking about.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Jets&Canes@Mar 5 2005, 08:13 PM

FU*K

I&#39;m my father

Veteran
    Originally posted by JonEJet+Mar 5 2005, 08:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonEJet @ Mar 5 2005, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jets&Canes@Mar 5 2005, 08:13 PM

FU*K

I&#39;m my father [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

Seriously though, I am only 20 and I can see myself becoming my Father already.

Really strict, ENGLISH TEACHER. <_<

Yeah, and you though you had it bad.

All League
    Originally posted by JonEJet+Mar 5 2005, 08:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonEJet @ Mar 5 2005, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jets&Canes@Mar 5 2005, 08:13 PM

FU*K

I&#39;m my father [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

nm

Hall Of Fame
    You&#39;re struggling in communications??? May god have mercy on your soul. I take it you are a student athelete on scholarship?

Veteran
    Originally posted by Beerfish@Mar 5 2005, 08:22 PM
    You&#39;re struggling in communications??? May god have mercy on your soul. I take it you are a student athelete on scholarship?

No. The Major isn&#39;t hard. Corky could learn this crap. But the work load is ridiculous. You ever try fitting 10LBs worth of Sh*t into a 5LB bag? That&#39;s what I&#39;m trying to do. It&#39;s 10 page paper after 10 page paper, and on some of the stupidest stuff you could think of.

Rookie
    Originally posted by JetsFutureGM+Mar 5 2005, 09:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsFutureGM @ Mar 5 2005, 09:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Beerfish@Mar 5 2005, 08:22 PM

No. The Major isn&#39;t hard. Corky could learn this crap. But the work load is ridiculous. You ever try fitting 10LBs worth of Sh*t into a 5LB bag? That&#39;s what I&#39;m trying to do. It&#39;s 10 page paper after 10 page paper, and on some of the stupidest stuff you could think of. [/b][/quote]
    Bring your computer to a local bar around 4pm every day, get an order of wings and a pitcher of beer, plug two bucks in the juke and have at it. You&#39;ll be surprised how easy it is to complete papers in this manner - trust me.

Veteran
    Originally posted by JetsFutureGM+Mar 5 2005, 08:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsFutureGM @ Mar 5 2005, 08:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Beerfish@Mar 5 2005, 08:22 PM

No. The Major isn&#39;t hard. Corky could learn this crap. But the work load is ridiculous. You ever try fitting 10LBs worth of Sh*t into a 5LB bag? That&#39;s what I&#39;m trying to do. It&#39;s 10 page paper after 10 page paper, and on some of the stupidest stuff you could think of. [/b][/quote]
    Relax, bro. I&#39;m in the same boat you are for the most part. I&#39;m gonna be a junior come summer and a communications major also. I&#39;m sure the work load is going to suck, but I usually churn out papers like it&#39;s nothing. Enjoy college while you can. Just write the papers and then celebrate them by getting drunk afterwards.

BTW which school are you going to?

Veteran
    Buffalo State College.

How about Yourself?

All League
    Originally posted by JetsFutureGM@Mar 5 2005, 08:04 PM
    This stuff just isn&#39;t what it used to be <_<

Freshman & Sophomore year were Great&#33; So great, that I can barely remember them, if you know what I mean.

But Now, ughh... The work is getting harder...and harder...and harder and I&#39;m a Communications Major :lol:

Please tell me it gets better.
    Comm major here also, planning on going to grad school for sports communications/marketing/managment when i graduate. Best of luck dude.