Thread: double d's

Undrafted Free Agent
    i think wit hthe signing of coles the jets may be possibly done in the free agent market and if anything will hope they can get more in the draft or in the players they already have that were backups and may be looked as now being starters.

that said if they do go further and do some shopping. i wouldnt' mind seeing maybe donovin darius in a jet uniform. he wants out of JAX and he is a local boy. born and raised in camden NJ. I think he's got adequat cover skills and can put up good numbers for us.

i would hope we could get another kicker in the open market but there really isnt anyone out there who impresses me. i have heard jay feely's name shopped around but why would i want to go with a kicker who isnt really anything but another doug brien.
    for his career feely is deadly from under 30 yards but the further back you go the lower the % he makes. if you look at his career stats from outside 30 yards even brien has a better % then he does

Banned
    Originally posted by vilma's vengance@Mar 6 2005, 06:14 AM

for his career feely is deadly from under 30 yards but the further back you go the lower the % he makes.
    i think the same can be said about any kicker in the nfl. can you name one kicker who's accuracy improves the further back they go?

All Pro
    Tb is making a very smart move, the more FA CB's aer taken by teams the less # of teams take a CB RD1, we can land a great CB, maybe Antrel Rolle, Ty Law and smoot and rolle are all going to be signed by someone, and many of the teas thta need a CB are behind us aswell, Atlanta, Indy, and the Patsies, they willnot sign a FA CB, we may aland a good CB

Banned
    ok, lets examime this year

we go corner in free agency and sign smoot, that means we can go offensive tackle in the 1st rd

but if we go OT in free agency?? who can we get?? there are no great tackles available like there are corners available

go corner in FA
    tackle in 1st rd

Rookie
    i say we sign andre dyson. he wont break the bank and he is a very good cover guy. hes playmaker too he had 6 ints last season. Very underrated imo. Then we can go tackle in 1st round. Then go Safety in 2nd round. then best player available for rest of draft assuming we get putzier.

Veteran
    Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50@Mar 6 2005, 10:18 AM

we go corner in free agency and sign smoot, that means we can go offensive tackle in the 1st rd

but if we go OT in free agency?? who can we get?? there are no great tackles available like there are corners available

go corner in FA
    tackle in 1st rd
    do you think a rookie tackle can succeed in this league?

Veteran
    I think we're definitely not done w/ free agency.

OT is one of those positions where the player needs to develop, so its unlikely a rookie will get the nod this season. I see TB going for a tackle (maybe Fred Miller) and perhaps a CB before all is said and done, and maybe even a trade involving Abe.

Then use the draft for development players -- RB and CB -- and depth.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by Thinker+Mar 6 2005, 10:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Thinker @ Mar 6 2005, 10:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn50@Mar 6 2005, 10:18 AM

go corner in FA
    tackle in 1st rd
    do you think a rookie tackle can succeed in this league? [/b][/quote]
    No, ask Jordan Gross who struggled the first couple of games in Carolina and Gallery in Oakland who did the same. This year there aren&#39;t any OTs of their caliber in the draft.

All League
    The subject is "double d&#39;s" and it&#39;s about football?&#33; Talk about a disappointment.

Veteran
    Originally posted by neckdemon+Mar 6 2005, 08:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (neckdemon &#064; Mar 6 2005, 08:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vilma&#39;s vengance@Mar 6 2005, 06:14 AM

for his career feely is deadly from under 30 yards but the further back you go the lower the % he makes.
    i think the same can be said about any kicker in the nfl. can you name one kicker who&#39;s accuracy improves the further back they go? [/b][/quote]
    Adam Vinatieri.

thats gonna cause some conflict.

Banned
    Originally posted by Thinker+Mar 6 2005, 11:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Thinker @ Mar 6 2005, 11:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn50@Mar 6 2005, 10:18 AM

go corner in FA
    tackle in 1st rd
    do you think a rookie tackle can succeed in this league? [/b][/quote]

it depends really. gallery had a very strong year (at right tackle)

I think by the end of the season that a rookie LT can be successful

Rookie
    Most of the time, the reason why rookie lineman struggle is because they are out of position (Gallery at guard?) and also because the man that is next to them is overall not that good. Jordan Gross struggled because he had who, Todd Brezinski next to him. Im not sure who was next to Gallery, but when he switched over to RT he did much better. Towards the end of the year he showed some of the dominance he showed in college.

But if we were to select a tackle in an early round. He will struggle if he is on the right side with B. Moore, the reason for that is because Moore himself is young and just not good enough to also help out the tackle most of the time. If the drafted tackle were to play next to Kendall i think he would do much better. Kendall would be able to help him out a lot more than Moore would.

Waterboy
    Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50@Mar 6 2005, 10:18 AM

go corner in FA
    tackle in 1st rd
    Exactly , I just wrote a post talking about the same thing. I don&#39;t understand why people can&#39;t comprehend this simple little philosophy. I would love to get 1 of the top corners coming out of the draft, but unlike most here, I would not want them to be the starter right away. We need an experienced solid VET corner to man the top spot, with Barret continuing his improvement on the other side and I would feel much better about our already superior DEF.

Veteran
    I agree with EB Get Smoot. Go Tackle in Round 1 OR safety.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

Donavan Darius is great vs the run but bad vs the pass.....no way the Jets bring him here...and NO WAY we go with a O lineman in the first round. Get a DB in the forst and a lineman later on.