Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State of the JETS Address!!!!

Veteran
    First of all this is my opinion if you disagree I respect yours and value yours this is how I feel on the current JETS situation.

Like I've said noone has their roster filled by March 8th. The Offseason is a race and not a marathon. The Jets were getting killed at this time last year as well. WE settled for Barrett, Lost Winfield, Lost out on lynch to the Broncos settled for Reggie Tongue. Couldn't find a Defensive Coordiantor for the life of us. We go the guy noone knew nothing about. Relax the Offeason is a marathon not a race. Besied we lost Hackett which is major additon by subtraction and got a solid OC. We have a few holes but not many. WE lost 1 Yes JUST 1 Defensive Starter from yong improving defense. A year of expericen under these young, talented, fast defensive players belts could prove to be the Push to put the Jets over the top. yea I would like to signed smoot, LJ, Fergy, Traded our #1 for Randy Moss but look at the big picture our Offense is as good as it was last year. 1 glaring hole is to replace k-Mac who had an off Year last year. The Offense will stretch the field we replaced LJ already with a solid Fast Backup who has proven he can run in this league. WE are 3 yes 3 days away from vastly improving our TE positon. With Coles, J-Mac, Cotchery, Carter , and potentially this TE and not to forger Mr. 3rd Down himself Cherbet the offense could really put up some points. Oh and did I mention that we have the NFL's rushing champ on our roster. Yea go ahead and doubt him. He will just run those santa monica steps twice as hard. Never Never count curtis out. So to rap it upThings are not as gloomy as you guys make them out to be. No I am not overly optomistic but the Jets have some solid pieces of making a champioship team in place. This team is still a contender and being a Jet Fan since the early 80's (I'm Only 24) I can HONESTLY Say this is one of the best teams on Paper the Jets will put on the field in my lifetime so far. Now I hope they live up to their potential and we can hoist the lombardi Trophy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Excellent post prza.

Veteran
    for a second there I thought you were talking about retardworld.com

Waterboy
    That is how I feel. I am 25 and only know GREEN! I can not wait til Sept. when we get to watch a young D out there on the field we can be proud of. Penn will hopefull have a strong year, but we NEED to put a better Oline out there to help him out. TB better get some insight from DH and Herm.

Veteran
    Prza,

Much props man! Great post. Jets fans should be very proud of the team we are putting on the field. With all the losses the Patriots were dealt this offseason(coaches & players), Jets fans can taste blood. This team is very close in my opinion.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by prza@Mar 8 2005, 10:04 PM
    The Offseason is a race and not a marathon...... Relax the Offeason is a marathon not a race.
    I agree with you 100%...but I do love catching these stuffs.

Veteran
    Thanks to Buzzsaw, Miracle in the Meadowlands, and Sheisty for the compiments.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Flatsie Patsie@Mar 9 2005, 12:22 AM
    vgfgffdg
    What the F''

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

Nice post

It's amazing what I'm seeing.....I mean the draft has not yet arrived!

Originally posted by prza@Mar 8 2005, 10:04 PM
    WE lost 1 Yes JUST 1 Defensive Starter from yong improving defense.
    You are probably refering to Ferguson, but our starting D will be much different next year. Abe, Robertson, and Ellis will still be there, as will Eric Barton and Vilma. But nobody can tell right now if Derek Strait will be #2 corner next year or not. I also highly doubt Victor Hobson will be starting again next year.

Not to mention, the Safety situation. I could posibly imagine Eric Coleman switching to SS in lieu of Reggie Tongue most likely being cut, but its not definate. Either way, most people are saying Reggie Tongue will be cut, who starts at SS next year is a completly different story.

Sorry, this was all irrelevant, but I just noticed that you said we only lost 1 defensive starter, which is not the case.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I think were doing fine ...we`re filling needsand we still have the draft and the june 1st cuts comming we`ll be fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by prza@Mar 8 2005, 11:04 PM
    First of all this is my opinion if you disagree I respect yours and value yours this is how I feel on the current JETS situation.

Like I've said noone has their roster filled by March 8th. The Offseason is a race and not a marathon. The Jets were getting killed at this time last year as well. WE settled for Barrett, Lost Winfield, Lost out on lynch to the Broncos settled for Reggie Tongue. Couldn't find a Defensive Coordiantor for the life of us. We go the guy noone knew nothing about. Relax the Offeason is a marathon not a race. Besied we lost Hackett which is major additon by subtraction and got a solid OC. We have a few holes but not many. WE lost 1 Yes JUST 1 Defensive Starter from yong improving defense. A year of expericen under these young, talented, fast defensive players belts could prove to be the Push to put the Jets over the top. yea I would like to signed smoot, LJ, Fergy, Traded our #1 for Randy Moss but look at the big picture our Offense is as good as it was last year. 1 glaring hole is to replace k-Mac who had an off Year last year. The Offense will stretch the field we replaced LJ already with a solid Fast Backup who has proven he can run in this league. WE are 3 yes 3 days away from vastly improving our TE positon. With Coles, J-Mac, Cotchery, Carter , and potentially this TE and not to forger Mr. 3rd Down himself Cherbet the offense could really put up some points. Oh and did I mention that we have the NFL's rushing champ on our roster. Yea go ahead and doubt him. He will just run those santa monica steps twice as hard. Never Never count curtis out. So to rap it upThings are not as gloomy as you guys make them out to be. No I am not overly optomistic but the Jets have some solid pieces of making a champioship team in place. This team is still a contender and being a Jet Fan since the early 80's (I'm Only 24) I can HONESTLY Say this is one of the best teams on Paper the Jets will put on the field in my lifetime so far. Now I hope they live up to their potential and we can hoist the lombardi Trophy.
    While I agree with your Post in General I always get a kick out of
    Fans that say their been Fans for 20+ years and their 24! I became
    a Titan Fan in 1960 because I liked the wide open passing attack of
    the AFL vs. the NFL 3 yds and a cloud of Dust..But I was 16 and knew what
    Football was..The only Fan in History who knew what was up at a young
    age, in fact I believe he was a Embryo was YJF! And his Mother never
    felt him Kick because he always went for the TD!! :lol:

there is no way u can play coleman at ss hes way to small for the position and hes a way better cover than run stuffer......coleman is a perfect fs

Great post-the negativity sure gets tedious. I'm not a rose colored glasses -type but if we all read the post yesterday from the writer with the Washington paper re: Snyders' failed caponomics we might realize that our FO has been doing a fairly good job in finding players who can get us to the postseason. We definitely need to take the next step but don't think overpriced guys like smoot are the answer.

Veteran
    I cant wait for the season in any year but especially not this one. We have unfinished business from last year. I have no doubt that we will be in the SuperBowl this year barring major injuries.We were a top 3 team last year in the AFC and we have stayed steady while the others have declined (Patriots, Steelers). We still have the draft and more FA signings to go, we will be in great shape come September. I am glad I found this board to talk to other Jet fans and look forward to partying with you Socal Jets Fans as we kick some ass this year!!! I

Veteran
    Fans that say their been Fans for 20+ years and their 24!
    I have a picture of me in a Jets bib and pajamas when I was 1. I've never known any team but the Jets. The only time my father hit me was when I was 6 and he turned off a Jets-Miami game to watch Star Trek and I threw a fit! my parents actually bought me my own tv because of that so we wouldnt fight over me watching football all the time. I am 34 but I have been a Jets fan for at least 33 years!! Still not sure if thats good or bad!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rookie
    I have been a Jets fan since 78. I have seen this team do the same thing time after time. They get close only to loose key free agents and fall back the next year. The loses always come in a big way. Missed kicks, ints (5), stupid penalities. The San Diego game would have been our second stupid roughing the passer penality in our playoff history. Our kicker was bad during the entire playoffs. Even Tuna was able to overcome this. Sure handed players fumbled. Listen I will always be a Jet fan but expecting the worst makes it easier to deal with if things go bad. I want our team to stop being raided every off season. I want players to want to come to NY for a change and not want to leave. How about our coach out class the other teams coaches? How about David Woodly throw 5 int to Lance Mehl for a change (an example). How come we never have the room to sign a key free agent. Do players use the Jets like baseball free agents use the METS and YANKS? :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Miracle In The Meadowlands@Mar 8 2005, 11:30 PM

With all the losses the Patriots were dealt this offseason(coaches & players), Jets fans can taste blood. This team is very close in my opinion.
    Exactly what "significant" players have the Pats lost? :blink:

The Jets finished 4 games behind the Pats last season.

With all the Jets lost players in FA, there is no way that you have closed a 4-game gap.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Mar 9 2005, 07:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Mar 9 2005, 07:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Miracle In The Meadowlands@Mar 8 2005, 11:30 PM

With all the losses the Patriots were dealt this offseason(coaches & players), Jets fans can taste blood. This team is very close in my opinion.
    Exactly what "significant" players have the Pats lost? :blink:

The Jets finished 4 games behind the Pats last season.

With all the Jets lost players in FA, there is no way that you have closed a 4-game gap. [/b][/quote]
    Typical PatsfanTX negativity. Teddy Bruschi probably will not be back.

All critisism and no point

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by CaliJetsFan@Mar 9 2005, 07:02 AM
    Fans that say their been Fans for 20+ years and their 24&#33;
    I have a picture of me in a Jets bib and pajamas when I was 1. I&#39;ve never known any team but the Jets. The only time my father hit me was when I was 6 and he turned off a Jets-Miami game to watch Star Trek and I threw a fit&#33; my parents actually bought me my own tv because of that so we wouldnt fight over me watching football all the time. I am 34 but I have been a Jets fan for at least 33 years&#33;&#33; Still not sure if thats good or bad&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Yet some Life Long Jet Fans on this site have Kids that are Fans of
    other Teams..Pat Fans same thing&#33;&#33; Got to love the Freedom of
    choice .. :lol: