Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McDougle+Pace

Rookie
    Hey guys, I just saw on Espn Rumors that Orlando Pace would want to be traded if the Rams cant give him a long term contract. Most likely the Rams can't I heard, and so far the only team they list as interested/possibility is the Giants. First of all I don't want him becoming a Giant. I also heard that there is a strong possibility Burress's visit to them will probably result in a signing, so if that happens then they couldnt give Pace a contract extension. Any possibility here?

So I think the Jets should really consider a trade for Pace. Maybe Abraham and get a few picks involved, see what happens. I mean Pace would be crazy. Our line would instantly become the best line in the NFL. Plus we would probably be able to sign him long term.

Also, if that doesnt happen which is just a rumor now and mostly hopeful wishing on my part, Stockar McDougle would be great to fill the void which McKenzie left. He is younger, supposedly better, and probably will come cheaper than McKenzie would have.

These are some options for us, and I think we should consider them. What do you guys think?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by Jet#24Eventually@Mar 9 2005, 11:37 AM
    Hey guys, I just saw on Espn Rumors that Orlando Pace would want to be traded if the Rams cant give him a long term contract. Most likely the Rams can't I heard, and so far the only team they list as interested/possibility is the Giants. First of all I don't want him becoming a Giant. I also heard that there is a strong possibility Burress's visit to them will probably result in a signing, so if that happens then they couldnt give Pace a contract extension. Any possibility here?

So I think the Jets should really consider a trade for Pace. Maybe Abraham and get a few picks involved, see what happens. I mean Pace would be crazy. Our line would instantly become the best line in the NFL. Plus we would probably be able to sign him long term.

Also, if that doesnt happen which is just a rumor now and mostly hopeful wishing on my part, Stockar McDougle would be great to fill the void which McKenzie left. He is younger, supposedly better, and probably will come cheaper than McKenzie would have.

These are some options for us, and I think we should consider them. What do you guys think?
    Sorry Dude, But you trade Abraham for Pace your just filling one whole but making another. Plus if you traded the two straight up I dont think anyone is gonna be adding picks in there

Rookie
    Alright then, so what?

McDougle?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

Abraham for Pace???? :blink:
    Abraham for Pace?????? :blink: :blink:

there is like 5 months before training camp....Jets will bring in an O linemen in due time........the Jets will not address EVERY need right now...there is still 5 friggin months :lol:

Jets would be INSANE to trade Abe to the rams (even with picks)

Thank goodness the Jets would NEVER do something nutty like that.

Rookie
    Ok, so why not Abraham for Pace, give me reasons, just dont give me. Thats stupid idea.

If you cant give me reasons than dont say anything.

Undrafted Free Agent
    wait and see how Jones looks, the Jets did the same with K-Mart, have him sit for a year, and see how he looks in year 2

All Pro
    Abraham for Pace????
    Abraham for Pace??????

there is like 5 months before training camp....Jets will bring in an O linemen in due time........the Jets will not address EVERY need right now...there is still 5 friggin months

Jets would be INSANE to trade Abe to the rams (even with picks)

Thank goodness the Jets would NEVER do something nutty like that.
    Why would it be so nutty?

I would absoltely trade Abe straight up for pace.

freak, we did not sign abe because of his stability, or lack of constant good play wo injury.

Pace, is consistant, top 5 at his position, and will be at the pro bowl till hes 35.

Pace can dominate for at least another 5 years, can you say the same about abe?

Top LT like pace and gallery will always be selected top 5 in the draft for a reason......

I make this trade in a second if a deal can be arranged for Pace's agent....one second.

My last point is we need a tackle bad, they need a DE bad...why not???

Lastly one hole does not mean another? Abrham did not play almost half of last season....Do you remember our number 1 pick Bryon Thomas who has gotten better every year?

This move would absoltely balance out the lines, and I would be for it.

Veteran
    Pace wants a kajillion dollars.

Martz, egotistical a-hole though he may be, would never trade for Abe straight up.

The D-Line is the heart of our team.

Donnie would take out a contract on Bradway.On second thought, he might just rip his heart out with his bare hands.

TB is way too smart to make this move.

All Pro
    Pace has some crazy contract demands out there. I really think Abe would be cheaper to sign in the long run.

Interesting idea, but no thanks. I would rather go the less expensive option. Get me a solid player, not a "name" star.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Me too....I trade Abe straight up for Pace any day of the week....

Pace is a better Tackle than Abe is D end....

All Pro
    I would also like to add that if we acquire pace....

We can absolutely ask fabini to take apay cut...

Why, because he would not have to face dwight freeney, jason taylor, or richard seymour anymore.....he would be RT....

and

This move would make us hve the best O-line in football.

Ham you anywhere?

This would be what you call a super unit...

Pace-Kendall-Mawae-Moore-Fabini

Rookie
    I would be all for this if we had been able to keep Fergie. But we just can't let 2 of our starting DL go. The DL was the biggest strength of the team last lear, and losing 2 starters could turn it into a liability. I think we'll sign a mid tier OT vet to get us through this year, and use an early pick to groom someone for the future.

Veteran
    Even though I would love to have Pace I would never trade Abe away not this year at least we already lost Fergy losing Abe would be a disaster to our D

Banned
    i would definatly trade abe for pace. pace is one of the best ot in the league and we can fill the defensive void easier in my opinion than this offensive one. bryan thomas is adequete and im sure we would find someone else to split time with him. it ain't happenin, but i wouldn't mind it if it did.

Veteran
    we could of just drafted pace in the first place...that way we wouldn't even be having this discussion

Veteran
    Curtis Martin runs Left Tackle for 6yds
    Curtis Martin runs Left Tackle for 5yds
    Curtis Martin runs Left Tackle for 5yds
    Curtis Martin runs Left Tackle for 4yds
    Curtis Martin runs Left Tackle for 6yds
    Curtis Martin runs Left Tackle for 2yds TOUCHDOWN

It would be kind of nice knowing that if you needed 2 yards you could just go behind Kevin Mawae Pete Kendall and Orlando Pace.

Rookie
    Originally posted by Jet#24Eventually@Mar 9 2005, 11:46 AM
    Ok, so why not Abraham for Pace, give me reasons, just dont give me. Thats stupid idea.

How many really speed rushers are there in the NFL? Not many, it is the hardest possition to fill rarest player around. You don't give up on a guy just because he has been injuried a bit. Not saying that we invest big $$ on him yet but tell me how to replace him?

Veteran
    Originally posted by LockeJET@Mar 9 2005, 12:52 PM

huh..

Veteran
    QUOTE (Jet#24Eventually @ Mar 9 2005, 11:46 AM)

How many really speed rushers are there in the NFL? Not many, it is the hardest possition to fill rarest player around. You don't give up on a guy just because he has been injuried a bit. Not saying that we invest big $$ on him yet but tell me how to replace him?
    Try not to overvalue our own players just because they are Jets. Orlando Pace is arguably the best, most dominant, and most technically sound OT in the NFL, is a veritable iron man, and fills a position that is harder to fill via the draft. (OL tend to need a couple years to develop, a pass rushing end doesnt) John Abraham is a top speed pass rusher and overall top defensive end, but hes riddled with question marks and concerns, and plays a position that this years draft is deep at. In the odd event that TB could ever even get a Pace straight up for Abraham deal entertained by the rams, it would be a no brainer to make.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by JETFAN1+Mar 9 2005, 01:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JETFAN1 @ Mar 9 2005, 01:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LockeJET@Mar 9 2005, 12:52 PM

huh.. [/b][/quote]
    Its not hard to figure out...Im saying that Pace is better @ his position than Abe is at is....ITS FOOTBALL 101