Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of media guys own TB an engraved apology

Banned
    Okay, I've been very skeptical of this trade for quite some time, but it's always been about the toe and never been about the swap of talent

Just to be clear, I've said from day one that if Coles is healthy Santana Moss is not even in his league ... Coles is twice the WR ... it's not even close

So lets assume Coles remains healthy .. I still have my doubts, but lets make that asumption for the sake of this discussion .. lots of media hacks are sitting there tonite with faces drenched in egg and they owe TB an engraved apology

These are the same hacks who ripped him to hell for being taken to the woodshed by Dan Snyder ... taken to the woodshed and spanked ... taken to the woodshed and anally molested ... but who&#39;s @&#036;&#036; is hurting now? <_<

As Bitonti and others have already pointed out, we basically traded Santana Moss for Lav Coles and DeWayne Robertson ... that&#39;s exactly what this all amounts to in the end ... and as a parting gift we left Danny Boy with a 9 million dollar cap hit

And again, if Coles is healthy we are getting him back in his prime ... 27 years old ... so we get the player back in his prime, and Dan Snyder even picks up a nice chunk of the tab ... and this after hand-delivering D-Rob

So how does that old saying go, something about he who laughs last ... ?????

Bottom Line: If Coles holds up physically, at the end of the day this was about as massive an @&#036;&#036;-whuppin as you will ever see in professional sports ... TB should be wearing a mask and carrying a gun ... but that toe has to hold-up for this to be true

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Very true..great post.

All Pro
    Agreed totally Ham my friend. Even using the phrase I use... with a Mask and a Gun.

I am so happy this thread went through.

All Pro
    all the negativity about coles&#39; toe was quite persuasive tho.....but damn straight, if he does well, we got d rob fo free.....

Banned
    Originally posted by arsenal1189@Mar 9 2005, 09:01 PM
    all the negativity about coles&#39; toe was quite persuasive tho.....but damn straight, if he does well, we got d rob fo free.....
    And D-Rob is one of the best young defensive tackles in football ... so that&#39;s some freebie

Thanks Sooth

Thanks Bergen ... and yes, I love that line

Veteran
    I like this Trade, but I have my concerns about the Jets offense (and Coles&#39; toe does have something to do with it)

Without Moss, we lose a legitimate deep threat that was able to stretch the field 10X better then Coles is able to. We lose Moss&#39; game breaking receiving & Punt Return ability. Moss, at his best, plays to his 4.3 advertised speed. Coles plays more like a guy with 4.45 speed.

In Coles we get consistancy. He won&#39;t be seeing the endzone often, which is probably my biggest concern with the Jets. Where are the TD&#39;s coming from? Not Coles. Not J-Mac. Curtis Martin? Okay, I&#39;ll buy that one. But we don&#39;t have a receiver who can guarrantee 10 consistant TD&#39;s a year. Maybe Mike Heimindinger will change this... I can only hope.

Banned
    Originally posted by JetsFutureGM@Mar 9 2005, 09:11 PM
    I like this Trade, but I have my concerns about the Jets offense (and Coles&#39; toe does have something to do with it)

Without Moss, we lose a legitimate deep threat that was able to stretch the field 10X better then Coles is able to. We lose Moss&#39; game breaking receiving & Punt Return ability. Moss, at his best, plays to his 4.3 advertised speed. Coles plays more like a guy with 4.45 speed.

In Coles we get consistancy. He won&#39;t be seeing the endzone often, which is probably my biggest concern with the Jets. Where are the TD&#39;s coming from? Not Coles. Not J-Mac. Curtis Martin? Okay, I&#39;ll buy that one. But we don&#39;t have a receiver who can guarrantee 10 consistant TD&#39;s a year. Maybe Mike Heimindinger will change this... I can only hope.
    GM, Coles will score touchdowns if he&#39;s healthy ... in my mind that is one of the tell-tale signs ... TD&#39;s and YPC

If we have a healthy Coles, we should have both of those as well

All Pro
    Coles was faster than Prime Time was when he came into the league. While Coles won&#39;t run a 4.2 anymore, he still runs great routes and has seperation speed. Lets see somebody catch that 4.45 from behind...

All League
    Agreed with all you said, who&#39;da thunkit?.

Turnabout is a *****....and fair play

Veteran
    Originally posted by BergenJet@Mar 9 2005, 09:20 PM
    Coles was faster than Prime Time was when he came into the league. While Coles won&#39;t run a 4.2 anymore, he still runs great routes and has seperation speed. Lets see somebody catch that 4.45 from behind...
    I know Coles&#39; ran faster then Prime Time, but c&#39;mon.

Coles&#39; NEVER played to his advertised speed. He plays fast, but not 4.2 fast.

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Mar 9 2005, 08:56 PM
    Okay, I&#39;ve been very skeptical of this trade for quite some
    As Bitonti and others have already pointed out, we basically traded Santana Moss for Lav Coles and DeWayne Robertson ... that&#39;s exactly what this all amounts to in the end ... and as a parting gift we left Danny Boy with a 9 million dollar cap hit

Agree with the thrust of your post, but isn&#39;t it technically Moss and a #1 and #4 for Coles and Robertson? I may be forgetting the details of the prior transactions....

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Mar 9 2005, 08:56 PM
    Okay, I&#39;ve been very skeptical of this trade for quite some time, but it&#39;s always been about the toe and never been about the swap of talent

Just to be clear, I&#39;ve said from day one that if Coles is healthy Santana Moss is not even in his league ... Coles is twice the WR ... it&#39;s not even close

So lets assume Coles remains healthy .. I still have my doubts, but lets make that asumption for the sake of this discussion .. lots of media hacks are sitting there tonite with faces drenched in egg and they owe TB an engraved apology

These are the same hacks who ripped him to hell for being taken to the woodshed by Dan Snyder ... taken to the woodshed and spanked ... taken to the woodshed and anally molested ... but who&#39;s @&#036;&#036; is hurting now? <_<

And again, if Coles is healthy we are getting him back in his prime ... 27 years old ... so we get the player back in his prime, and Dan Snyder even picks up a nice chunk of the tab ... and this after hand-delivering D-Rob

Bottom Line: If Coles holds up physically, at the end of the day this was about as massive an @&#036;&#036;-whuppin as you will ever see in professional sports ... TB should be wearing a mask and carrying a gun ... but that toe has to hold-up for this to be true
    Seriously man, did you take PR as a major or something? You *****ED just like you *****ED, like a well, a ***** when you thought Bush was gonna lose the presidency over this whole deal, and now you want to well, casually switch sides? Man you can write all the lyrics you want on this board, but I for one wish you would STFU you hypocrite.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Originally posted by movethechains+Mar 9 2005, 09:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (movethechains @ Mar 9 2005, 09:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham@Mar 9 2005, 08:56 PM
    Okay, I&#39;ve been very skeptical of this trade for quite some time, but it&#39;s always been about the toe and never been about the swap of talent

Just to be clear, I&#39;ve said from day one that if Coles is healthy Santana Moss is not even in his league ... Coles is twice the WR ... it&#39;s not even close

Seriously man, did you take PR as a major or something? You *****ED just like you *****ED, like a well a ***** when you thought Bush was gonna lose the presidency over this whole deal, and now you want to well casually switch sides? Man you can write all the lyrics you want on this board, but I for one wish you would STFU you hypocrite. [/b][/quote]
    Hey man, we&#39;re all Jet fans, rooting for the same team-- keep that in mind

TMahoney
    Basically the Redskins are going to be sorry when Moss pulls a hamstring in training camp and we sit back and enjoy Coles and Robertson who are both going to Hawaii next year.

Veteran
    Ham........great to see you thinking this through logically. I have always valued your opinion on this board but was questioning your judgment for a very short while when this LC story first broke.

Let&#39;s hope the medical staff did their job responsibly and did not simply rubber-stamp the deal. If so, this will be a very good move for the Jets.

Banned
    movethechains <--- Yet another killer when he&#39;s hiding behind a keyboard

What, you think that makes you tough ... cause you can talk &#036;hit with no threat of getting punched in the mouth, you little faggot?

All Pro
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Mar 9 2005, 09:19 PM

What, you think that makes you tough ... cause you can talk &#036;hit with no threat of getting punched in the mouth, you little faggot?
    :o first time i have ever seen Ham mad pissed at someone

Banned
    Originally posted by TexJet@Mar 9 2005, 10:11 PM
    Ham........great to see you thinking this through logically. I have always valued your opinion on this board but was questioning your judgment for a very short while when this LC story first broke.

Let&#39;s hope the medical staff did their job responsibly and did not simply rubber-stamp the deal. If so, this will be a very good move for the Jets.
    My concern remains the same, in spite of what that faggot movethechains has to say ... I still hope that toe does not become a problem ... and if, as you say, Coles genuinely passed his physical without a rubber stamp, this deal is a steal for the Jets

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Mar 9 2005, 10:19 PM

I&#39;ll meet you in person any day of the week. Just name it.

Banned
    Originally posted by movethechains+Mar 9 2005, 10:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (movethechains @ Mar 9 2005, 10:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham@Mar 9 2005, 10:19 PM

I&#39;ll meet you in person any day of the week. Just name it. [/b][/quote]
    How bout tonite, ***** ... I&#39;m free ... in fact, stay tuned for a PM ... I&#39;ll hook you up with everything you need to know