Thread: 2005 schedule

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

the last few weeks I have seen people go nuts about who we lost etc and also bring up this so called very hard 2005 schedule.....I looked at the schedule of every 2004 playoff team and the Jets schedule....we don't have the toughest schedule...it's not easy but I can see the Jets going 11-5 or better.

Of course this is before the draft and the June cuts:

2005 foes (not all of them)

Home:
    RAIDERS-It's at home and L Jordan and Randy Moss does not play defense

CHARGERS-The Herm Edwards Jets teams have defeated the Chargers three times in a row (In san diego) and this game will be at home.

SAINTS-Thats a win

BUCS-breaking in a new QB and this is a team in transition.

DOLPHINS-Thats a win

PATRIOTS-They will be tough but I see them taking a step back and we'll probably split.

BILLS-Losman starting at QB puts this in the Jets favor.

Away:

DOLPHINS- thats a win

BRONCOS-Defense is not good and Plummer is so erratic...even at Mile high I like our defense vs that offense.

FALCONS-I feel our defense will do well vs Vick.

PANTHERS-No one knows how good they will be.

I'm not chalking these as all wins...I'm just saying that we have a strong team and 11 wins is very possible.

Veteran
    You forgot to factor in the Jets choke factor. Thats good for about 3-4 losses a year due to injuries, bad play calling, or just not showing up.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by CaliJetsFan@Mar 15 2005, 11:58 PM
    You forgot to factor in the Jets choke factor. Thats good for about 3-4 losses a year due to injuries, bad play calling, or just not showing up.
    Yeah, but we get 3 or those four games as wins now that we got rid of the penalty plagued and dropped "key" passes of Anthony Becht. As for poor play calling, hey we got rid of him too. So that leaves one game for no shows.

Hall Of Fame

how many games have the Jets CHOKED in the last 4 years? I sure don't recall many.

I know about the Ravens game in 2004 but are the Jets the only team that lose games like that??????

I mean last I saw the Jets are not exactly the Lions :lol:

Veteran
    You know what I mean...losing games they shouldve won. Like Buffalo (when they were 3-5), Baltimore, St. Louis, and the Pittsburgh playoff game.

Hall Of Fame

I hear ya man but every team loses games like that....bottom line is this is a good team that will be even better.....Dinger...coles etc...upcoming draft.

Green and White will make noise in 2005.

Veteran
    Im just a typical pessimistic Jets fan! :lol:

Hall Of Fame

no problem with that

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... still too big of an X factor in the equation...

... does chad make it back healthy? is he ready for game 1 ? do we hold onto abe? who are our starting tackles? do we upgrade p? do we upgrade cb? do we upgrade reggie tongue? what do we do at te ? how quick does the heimerdinger system fall into place? who do we get in the draft?

... i'll get back to you all after the draft on my thoughts...

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame

excellent points:

I look at what Henderson did with the defense and we all know it's more difficult to put a new defense in place than an offensive system. J Mac is familiar with him...Coles is hungry and we have a veteran offense.

We will just have to wait and see how Chad is but getting Fieldler was HUGE....if anyone does not feel he can win for us then they are off base.

I look at the Jets now....it will be different after the draft and after June....fact is the team will get better.

I also look at our division foes and the changes made there.

Jets will make noise in 2005.

Originally posted by jetsfreak@Mar 15 2005, 11:56 PM

the last few weeks I have seen people go nuts about who we lost etc and also bring up this so called very hard 2005 schedule.....I looked at the schedule of every 2004 playoff team and the Jets schedule....we don't have the toughest schedule...it's not easy but I can see the Jets going 11-5 or better.

Of course this is before the draft and the June cuts:

2005 foes (not all of them)

Home:
    RAIDERS-It's at home and L Jordan and Randy Moss does not play defense

CHARGERS-The Herm Edwards Jets teams have defeated the Chargers three times in a row (In san diego) and this game will be at home.

SAINTS-Thats a win

BUCS-breaking in a new QB and this is a team in transition.

DOLPHINS-Thats a win

PATRIOTS-They will be tough but I see them taking a step back and we'll probably split.

BILLS-Losman starting at QB puts this in the Jets favor.

Away:

DOLPHINS- thats a win

BRONCOS-Defense is not good and Plummer is so erratic...even at Mile high I like our defense vs that offense.

FALCONS-I feel our defense will do well vs Vick.

PANTHERS-No one knows how good they will be.

I'm not chalking these as all wins...I'm just saying that we have a strong team and 11 wins is very possible.
    Wouldn't count that raider game as a Win just yet. With C Woodson(staying one more year) Raiders defense is not that far off. Don't be supprised if C woodson sees more time at FS this year than CB. Thats where raiders will get the most bang for their 10.5 million. Teams just threw away from him but its alot harder to do when C Woodson roaming the middle of the field.(not to mention hes Raiders best and surest tackler) Also Raiders biggest need on defense was addressing pass rush. WithDE D Burgess and a De Mark Word(this was a cheap signing but could pay big dividends next season - beside last year he got to the qb quicker than any Browns DE) teaming with DT T Kelly and DT W Sapp on passing downs, and Raiders defense should do alot better putting heat on QB. Also Raiders last year were hurt alot by TES(alot of that xcan be attributed to D gibson being lost for season. ONe thing Gibson does very well is take Tes man to man.

Like I said lets wait for after the draft and training camp to see how teams are shaping up.

Too bad Raiders don't have any more money to sign a LB Warrick Holdman- would be a very nice fi8t.