Thread: Here's what I'd do

Hall Of Fame
    Sign Dyson... he's a good compliment to Barrett's physical style and would upgrade the secondary. Strait is still young, and we still have Abe and Mickens, so I'd hold off on drafting a DB unless we got a steal.

Sign a rotation DT run stuffer... gotta find value here, maybe a guy who's had attitude problems in the past or work ethic issues. Gotta take a risk on someone who could play well under Herm. Bell? Elliss? All he has to do is hold a few blocks during 1st and 2nd and let Legree rush the passer on 3rd down with Robertson doubled. I don't like Legree as an every down DT, but on 3rd down we'll have 4 guys who can get to the QB.

Get Putzier and a backup QB, nuff said. Then folks, move to the draft.

1. BPA between OT, CB or SS... I'm thinking Brodney Poole here, this guy is a playmaker who can also hit. Gotta love a secondary with Dyson, Barrett, Strait, Coleman and Poole.

2. Hopefully get Adam Terry who can play RT but possibly develop into an LT. If he's not here, take a competent RT who has a shot at starting

3. Most of the Jets needs are relatively filled at this point... so for the rest of the draft go BPA - wouldn't mind adding more depth at Center or WR since Heimer might want to use 4 WRs

Just a suggestion, haven't thought too much about it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I "think" Dyson's signed

Hall Of Fame
    No, he's not

Undrafted Free Agent
    I'd take him.

Banned
    Originally posted by BrooklynBound@Mar 10 2005, 02:20 AM
    Sign Dyson... he's a good compliment to Barrett's physical style and would upgrade the secondary. Strait is still young, and we still have Abe and Mickens, so I'd hold off on drafting a DB unless we got a steal.

Sign a rotation DT run stuffer... gotta find value here, maybe a guy who's had attitude problems in the past or work ethic issues. Gotta take a risk on someone who could play well under Herm. Bell? Elliss? All he has to do is hold a few blocks during 1st and 2nd and let Legree rush the passer on 3rd down with Robertson doubled. I don't like Legree as an every down DT, but on 3rd down we'll have 4 guys who can get to the QB.

1. BPA between OT, CB or SS... I'm thinking Brodney Poole here, this guy is a playmaker who can also hit. Gotta love a secondary with Dyson, Barrett, Strait, Coleman and Poole.

2. Hopefully get Adam Terry who can play RT but possibly develop into an LT. If he's not here, take a competent RT who has a shot at starting

3. Most of the Jets needs are relatively filled at this point... so for the rest of the draft go BPA - wouldn't mind adding more depth at Center or WR since Heimer might want to use 4 WRs

I like it ... only I would rather trade a day one pick {2nd or 3rd} for a DT with a bigger upside ... but we're thinking along the same lines, BB ... and I'd take Dyson in a heartbeat

All Pro
    Add me to the "sign Dyson" camp. I think his cover skills would be an ideal complement to Barrett's physical style on the other side.

Also read a small note on the PFW site that the Jets are interested in ex-Falcons NT Ed Jasper, who is an UFA. He's 31 years old, but could be an interesting 'hold the fort' guy at NT until the Jets can find someone better. He's been a pretty good run-stopper throughout his career.

What are Jasper's stats? How big is he?

All Pro
    Originally posted by jersey joe@Mar 10 2005, 07:34 AM
    What are Jasper's stats? How big is he?
    6-2, 293lbs. Here's a link to his bio from NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3696

All Pro
    Originally posted by mrcoops@Mar 10 2005, 05:48 AM
    Add me to the "sign Dyson" camp. I think his cover skills would be an ideal complement to Barrett's physical style on the other side.

Also read a small note on the PFW site that the Jets are interested in ex-Falcons NT Ed Jasper, who is an UFA. He's 31 years old, but could be an interesting 'hold the fort' guy at NT until the Jets can find someone better. He's been a pretty good run-stopper throughout his career.
    I would also go along with Dyson, depending on costs, of course.

Nice note about Jasper. I had forgotten about him. I read an article on him a month or so ago, and made a mental note to research it further, but forgot.

Good job!

All Pro
    Originally posted by BrooklynBound@Mar 10 2005, 01:20 AM

Nice post.

This makes a lot of sense, especially if Dyson is not a cap killer. Your draft senarios are very good also.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Mar 10 2005, 02:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Mar 10 2005, 02:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BrooklynBound@Mar 10 2005, 02:20 AM
    Sign Dyson... he&#39;s a good compliment to Barrett&#39;s physical style and would upgrade the secondary. Strait is still young, and we still have Abe and Mickens, so I&#39;d hold off on drafting a DB unless we got a steal.

Sign a rotation DT run stuffer... gotta find value here, maybe a guy who&#39;s had attitude problems in the past or work ethic issues. Gotta take a risk on someone who could play well under Herm. Bell? Elliss? All he has to do is hold a few blocks during 1st and 2nd and let Legree rush the passer on 3rd down with Robertson doubled. I don&#39;t like Legree as an every down DT, but on 3rd down we&#39;ll have 4 guys who can get to the QB.

1. BPA between OT, CB or SS... I&#39;m thinking Brodney Poole here, this guy is a playmaker who can also hit. Gotta love a secondary with Dyson, Barrett, Strait, Coleman and Poole.

2. Hopefully get Adam Terry who can play RT but possibly develop into an LT. If he&#39;s not here, take a competent RT who has a shot at starting

3. Most of the Jets needs are relatively filled at this point... so for the rest of the draft go BPA - wouldn&#39;t mind adding more depth at Center or WR since Heimer might want to use 4 WRs

Just a suggestion, haven&#39;t thought too much about it.
    I like it ... only I would rather trade a day one pick {2nd or 3rd} for a DT with a bigger upside ... but we&#39;re thinking along the same lines, BB ... and I&#39;d take Dyson in a heartbeat [/b][/quote]
    Yes, I can see that. I don&#39;t know much about the DT class, so that would be an option.

All Pro
    Originally posted by mrcoops@Mar 10 2005, 06:48 AM
    Add me to the "sign Dyson" camp. I think his cover skills would be an ideal complement to Barrett&#39;s physical style on the other side.

Also read a small note on the PFW site that the Jets are interested in ex-Falcons NT Ed Jasper, who is an UFA. He&#39;s 31 years old, but could be an interesting &#39;hold the fort&#39; guy at NT until the Jets can find someone better. He&#39;s been a pretty good run-stopper throughout his career.
    That&#39;d make the D-line:

RAJE (as in RAGE)

All Pro
    Well here`s my 2 cents on this issue.This guys does nothing for this football team at the most crucial points of most seasons.Therefore,i would trade him to the Vikes for the 7th pick straight up if they`re willing,draft the OT Alex Barrron if he`s still there.

Then at 26,i would trade down into the earlypart of the 2nd round,and use my 2 nd rounders on a DE and a CB.Right now,IMHO,John Abraham is the equal of ARod in Baseball,a great DE who i would use to make my team better.

Rookie
    How hard is the transition from CB to SS.If we could get dyson,then straight goes nickel and put Ab in SS spot always a good tackler and knows how to cover.thats if Magraw&#39;s on the shelf again

Rookie
    Sign Dyson, extend Barrett now, cut D Abe, when Strait is ready to start, move Barrett to SS (where I think he would excel like crazy), where he and E Coleman can create havok.

Draft the best left tackle in the first round. If we get a good one, and he&#39;s ready to go, then one more year of declining Fabini - then he&#39;s gone. Jones, to me, is more of a right tackle with great speed.

Keep Abe...see if that sick bastard can stay healthy a full year. If so, franchise his ass again and trade him...he&#39;ll have real value then. If not, say bye bye to Abe. Who knows, Bryan Thomas could be ready by then anyway...we&#39;re in good shape there.

Give Baker a shot...I&#39;m sure he&#39;s really motivated now that Becht is gone and we still haven&#39;t replaced him...maybe it was meant to be for him and we&#39;ll draft a TE. His make or break shot, and I love when players who have natural talent get thrown in that position....I think he&#39;ll be great under Hummm-----dinger.

Lastly, I would love to trade for one last ex-Jet - John Hall. I know I&#39;ll get killed for that, but I would like to see him in the green and white again. Good kickoffs and clutch kicks...what could we do to get him back?