Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Why we chose the women we do

Charter JI Member
    Many of you know it was my birthday yesterday, thank you to all the well wishers.

My wife gave me a present that shocked me...it's an autographed photo 16 x20 matted and framed, of Dick Butkus. Why would this shock me? Butkus is one of my all time favorite players, when I was a kid I insisted on playing MLB because that was his position, he was the toughest player of his time, and one of the best all time. Here's the kicker I've never told my wife about Butkus, she is younger than me, so he is before her time...she overheard a conversation I was having with a couple of buddies at a Christmas party re: sports memorabilia. I was showing off my Chad, and '69 SB Champs, signed helmets, and the conversation turned to what else we would want...I must have said (I don't remember) that the only guy whose signature I'd want that I didn't have was Butkus, because he was a childhood hero.

Well she ordered this thing in January and sprung it on me last night. I'll tell you it was a great surprise, I couldn't figure out how she came up with it.

Moral to the story is, it's the little things in life ladies. B)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

thats awesome...I huess some wives, mine included, actually DO pay attention

All League
    That's great Jetswin....and while you may have a great woman....guess what buddy:

There are more "Mrs. Strahans" out there than "Mrs. Jetwins" :lol:

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by Chase@Mar 16 2005, 09:04 AM
    That's great Jetswin....and while you may have a great woman....guess what buddy:

There are more "Mrs. Strahans" out there than "Mrs. Jetwins" :lol:
    :o ...that's true...kinda scary isn't it... :lol:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Great story JW......and you are right, it is the little things that matter, even for me, I don't need big expensive gifts to make me appreciate my man. I'm not materialistc at all, anything I need or want I get myself.....

Charter JI Member
    BTW, the shot is sweet...it's black & white, vs. the Packers, at Wrigley I think, Butkus is blitzing and jumping in the air...Bart Starr is the QB for the pack, I think Jerry Kramer G, is in the shot also (#68?).

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by jetswin@Mar 16 2005, 09:12 AM
    BTW, the shot is sweet...it's black & white, vs. the Packers, at Wrigley I think, Butkus is blitzing and jumping in the air...Bart Starr is the QB for the pack, I think Jerry Kramer G, is in the shot also (#68?).
    #68 was Gail Gillingham...

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by jetfan13+Mar 16 2005, 09:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetfan13 @ Mar 16 2005, 09:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetswin@Mar 16 2005, 09:12 AM
    BTW, the shot is sweet...it&#39;s black & white, vs. the Packers, at Wrigley I think, Butkus is blitzing and jumping in the air...Bart Starr is the QB for the pack, I think Jerry Kramer G, is in the shot also (#68?).
    #68 was Gail Gillingham... [/b][/quote]
    thanks

Veteran
    Congrats, very nice gift&#33;

My favorite Butkus story - he told of how he used to dream about hitting somebody hard enough to separate his head from his body. When they made him they broke the mold.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Jethead@Mar 16 2005, 09:41 AM
    Congrats, very nice gift&#33;

My favorite Butkus story - he told of how he used to dream about hitting somebody hard enough to separate his head from his body. When they made him they broke the mold.
    OJ learned how to hit like that.

DADDYSLILGIRL
    that is a wonderful storey&#33; I know that my Big Daddy loves the little things to. Some women do just want to get things they want the man in their life to like. I dont think some realize its the little things that mean the most, somthing that your man will never expect you to get him..tickets to a game, a pic of his childhood hero, a jersey. some women always want the "metrosexual" type of guy I guess. I would much rather have the sports nut ne day....

DADDYSLILGIRL
    :unsure: I just realized what I said made no sense sorry all&#33;&#33;&#33; It did when I was thinking of it but now that I read it, it really doesnt.... :unsure:

Charter JI Member
    It makes sense B)

DADDYSLILGIRL
    Thanks jetswin....

Super*****/Prom Queen
    What a great wife you have there Jetswin, and that was very sweet of her to get you something you actually wanted. It will also ear mark a birthday year for you that you won&#39;t ever forget.

As for Daddy&#39;LilGirl post, I agree with her kind of man. I always end up with the Armani suit wearing, Cadillac EXT driving, stock broker mentality kind of guy on my arm. Secretly, I do prefer the oversized Elmer Fudd type that is into sports, hunting & fishing but please don&#39;t tell anybody, it could ruin my Chanel sporting, mink coat wearing, limosine take me everywhere image. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All League
    Originally posted by Limolady@Mar 16 2005, 02:41 PM
    I always end up with the Armani suit wearing, Cadillac EXT driving, stock broker mentality kind of guy on my arm. Secretly, I do prefer the oversized Elmer Fudd type that is into sports, hunting & fishing but please don&#39;t tell anybody, it could ruin my Chanel sporting, mink coat wearing, limosine take me everywhere image. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I GUESS I COULD START OVER-EATING & HUNT FOR WABBITS

All League
    Originally posted by jetswin@Mar 16 2005, 08:59 AM
    Many of you know it was my birthday yesterday, thank you to all the well wishers.

My wife gave me a present that shocked me...it&#39;s an autographed photo 16 x20 matted and framed, of Dick Butkus. Why would this shock me? Butkus is one of my all time favorite players, when I was a kid I insisted on playing MLB because that was his position, he was the toughest player of his time, and one of the best all time. Here&#39;s the kicker I&#39;ve never told my wife about Butkus, she is younger than me, so he is before her time...she overheard a conversation I was having with a couple of buddies at a Christmas party re: sports memorabilia. I was showing off my Chad, and &#39;69 SB Champs, signed helmets, and the conversation turned to what else we would want...I must have said (I don&#39;t remember) that the only guy whose signature I&#39;d want that I didn&#39;t have was Butkus, because he was a childhood hero.

Well she ordered this thing in January and sprung it on me last night. I&#39;ll tell you it was a great surprise, I couldn&#39;t figure out how she came up with it.

Moral to the story is, it&#39;s the little things in life ladies. B)
    I hate to break it to ya JW but I&#39;ve been sleeping with your wife. She said its your "little thing" that makes her do it.

DADDYSLILGIRL
    I have been with the armani type of guys before too but I always enjoyed the sports freak manly rugged man...thats why i love my Big Daddy :lol:

Veteran
    This is why I chose my girl...I&#39;m a lucky bastard&#33;&#33;

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by Jetsrush@Mar 16 2005, 03:06 PM

I hate to break it to ya JW but I&#39;ve been sleeping with your wife. She said its your "little thing" that makes her do it.
    :lol: I&#39;m surprised it took all day for that