Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarett gets more bad news

All League
    If Clarett, had any draft stock, it's falling every single day....

Was told today he won't be allowed to workout with with Charlie Frye in Youngstown....

Since few teams seem to want to bring him for a personal workout and no Pro Days will let him run, he could be in for huge trouble with a 4.9 40 at the Combine.

More on Clarett and other draft news:

http://draftdaddy.com/Blog/reset.cfm

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He deserves what ever he gets.....Piece of s**t...He thought he was this big time prospect and could mess around with Ohio St. and still get his miilion dollar ticket to the NFL...Not so fast Maurice....He will be lucky to even get drafted...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

if this were baseball I might expect a collusion law suit soon..

hes another flake from THE OHIO STAE U...they could field a complete team of nit-wits from that school

Undrafted Free Agent
    Im starting to feel a tad bit of remorse for this guy. Don't forget its his future. He has the chance to be a qaulity back up and special teams player if he didnt f**k up so bad on decision making. i say he should go to the euro league and prove himself.

Practice Squad
    I dont think you can blame the athletes at Ohio State...

they are recruited in anunfiar and corrupt manner in the first place, and then when the ncaa comes to investigate, they sell out the player.

Some program

All League
    Good. Hope he ends up taking orders at McDonalds. Trying to turn my football into that disgrace known as the NBA letting HS kids play. If i had my way id make College Basketball same rules as football, 3 years after HS.

Originally posted by DE94Abraham@Mar 24 2005, 02:47 PM
    Good. Hope he ends up taking orders at McDonalds. Trying to turn my football into that disgrace known as the NBA letting HS kids play. If i had my way id make College Basketball same rules as football, 3 years after HS.
    It really does no good in basketball because there are alot more inner city kids that need to find a way out of the projects and etc and if b-balll is there way they will stay driven to say the very least and maybe wont do more for society but will indeed do more than that for there family - In addition, you can honestly tell me Lebron James should have gone to college ? The only ones to benefit from them going to college is us - because we would get to watch them all play together for three years - Imagine if Lebron, Dwight Howard , and melo were all in collge playing in the acc or something it would be unreal and far better to watch then the nba ever would

All League
    Originally posted by altoon+Mar 24 2005, 02:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (altoon @ Mar 24 2005, 02:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DE94Abraham@Mar 24 2005, 02:47 PM
    It really does no good in basketball because there are alot more inner city kids that need to find a way out of the projects and etc and if b-balll is there way they will stay driven to say the very least and maybe wont do more for society but will indeed do more than that for there family - In addition, you can honestly tell me Lebron James should have gone to college ? The only ones to benefit from them going to college is us - because we would get to watch them all play together for three years - Imagine if Lebron, Dwight Howard , and melo were all in collge playing in the acc or something it would be unreal and far better to watch then the nba ever would [/b][/quote]
    Exactly, im a college fan first and formost with Basketball so I would love to have seen Lebron go to college. Makes the college game better, as well as gives them a chance at life should the NBA not work out for them.

Rookie
    Originally posted by DE94Abraham@Mar 24 2005, 01:47 PM
    there is no comparing the nba to the nfl, the nfl is totally different because no kid coming out of highschool could be able to handle the speed of the nfl and the hard hits, and no kid coming out of highschool is physically mature enough for the nfl, the nba is different story these highschool stars are playing highschools team that are better than most college teams anyway, and your telling me lebron james and amare stodemire should have went to college

All League
    Originally posted by the vilmanator+Mar 24 2005, 03:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the vilmanator @ Mar 24 2005, 03:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DE94Abraham@Mar 24 2005, 01:47 PM
    there is no comparing the nba to the nfl, the nfl is totally different because no kid coming out of highschool could be able to handle the speed of the nfl and the hard hits, and no kid coming out of highschool is physically mature enough for the nfl, the nba is different story these highschool stars are playing highschools team that are better than most college teams anyway, and your telling me lebron james and amare stodemire should have went to college [/b][/quote]
    Yes. I am saying that. Personally i dont care about there lives, i care about my own, and i wouldve loved to watch them in college. The NBA is disgrace to basketball. I never said the two sports were similar, just that if i had my way, i would make them go to college.

Hall Of Fame
    If you think Lebron should&#39;ve went to college, I have to discount your opinion. There&#39;s really not a more clear cut answer, whether you want to admit it to yourself or not.

All League
    Originally posted by BrooklynBound@Mar 24 2005, 03:09 PM
    If you think Lebron should&#39;ve went to college, I have to discount your opinion. There&#39;s really not a more clear cut answer, whether you want to admit it to yourself or not.
    Go ahead discount my opinion. I dont care. I would like to watch these top HS players play in college. Because of that discount my opinion.

All Pro
    Clarrett Sucks

Veteran
    I&#39;m sure LeBron can afford to go back to college now if it doesnt work out for him. :lol: :lol: :lol: Btw..I didnt think Clarett was ready for the NFL but you cant fault the guy for trying, and now he&#39;s being blackballed and thats not right. Some team will take a flyer on him and they might get the steal of the draft, who knows? Everyone thought Buffalo was dumb drafting McGahee but look at that now. Also btw..Ohio St isnt the only corrupt school, in fact most are due to the pressure to win and bring money into the university unfortunately. It reminds me of a discussion I had with a UCLA fan in the early 90&#39;s when i was going to school. A good friend of mine signed with UNLV and this guy was telling me how stupid he was to sign with them and how they were corrupt and that UCLA had honesty and integrity. This was the same UCLA that had boosters that offered my friend a car if he signed with them, also the same UCLA that got busted with the Harrick and Toledo scandals. Bottom line is all schools do it, the better ones just dont get caught.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PappaSmurfNYJ@Mar 24 2005, 02:39 PM
    I dont think you can blame the athletes at Ohio State...

they are recruited in anunfiar and corrupt manner in the first place, and then when the ncaa comes to investigate, they sell out the player.

Some program
    so you are saying its just a coincidence that they are all jerk-offs?

All League
    Originally posted by CaliJetsFan@Mar 24 2005, 03:13 PM
    I&#39;m sure LeBron can afford to go back to college now if it doesnt work out for him. :lol: :lol: :lol: Btw..I didnt think Clarett was ready for the NFL but you cant fault the guy for trying, and now he&#39;s being blackballed and thats not right. Some team will take a flyer on him and they might get the steal of the draft, who knows? Everyone thought Buffalo was dumb drafting McGahee but look at that now. Also btw..Ohio St isnt the only corrupt school, in fact most are due to the pressure to win and bring money into the university unfortunately. It reminds me of a discussion I had with a UCLA fan in the early 90&#39;s when i was going to school. A good friend of mine signed with UNLV and this guy was telling me how stupid he was to sign with them and how they were corrupt and that UCLA had honesty and integrity. This was the same UCLA that had boosters that offered my friend a car if he signed with them, also the same UCLA that got busted with the Harrick and Toledo scandals. Bottom line is all schools do it, the better ones just dont get caught.
    Not at all i cant fault the guy for trying to make money, But that doesnt mean i have to like him. I think hes an a-hole, hangs out with the wrong people and knows everyone is watching him, yet he still acts like a jack ass.

BTW never once statde Lebron couldnt play out of HS, he sure can. Just like many other HS kids, i still would much rather enjoy watching them play a few years of college basketball, where the game actually has a sense of meaning.

Veteran
    Athletes that have graduated from Ohio St....not all jerk-offs.

Tom Weiskopf
    Golf 1962
    Paul Warfield
    Football 1961-63
    Chris Spielman
    Football 1985-87
    Jesse Owens
    Track & Field 1935-36
    Jack Nicklaus
    Golf 1960-61
    Jim Marshall
    Football 1957-58
    Clark Kellogg
    Basketball 1980-82
    Thomas "Pepper" Johnson
    Football 1982-85
    Jim Jackson
    Basketball 1990-92
    Frank Howard
    Baseball/Basketball 1956-58
    John Havlicek
    Basketball 1960-62
    Sidney Gillman
    Football 1931-33
    Cris Carter
    Football 1984-86

Some pretty good athletes and guys.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Riggins44@Mar 24 2005, 01:48 PM
    If Clarett, had any draft stock, it&#39;s falling every single day....

Was told today he won&#39;t be allowed to workout with with Charlie Frye in Youngstown....

Since few teams seem to want to bring him for a personal workout and no Pro Days will let him run, he could be in for huge trouble with a 4.9 40 at the Combine.

More on Clarett and other draft news:

http://draftdaddy.com/Blog/reset.cfm
    Clarett will be working out on March 30th in Warren, Ohio at Warren G Harding.

Benson had a few slips during some drills, a dropped pass here and there, but Benson showcased the skills that made him one of college football&#39;s elite running backs the last four years. Benson said he was pleased with his workout, which was the first time scouts had a chance to watch him because he elected not to workout at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis in late February.

To say that is looking at the glass half-full as to what actually went down is being nice.

Veteran
    DE94Abraham...

I agree with what you are saying but unfortunately these guys are getting so good they can jump from HS to the NBA (a select few). There are major risks involved but thats up to them to decide, for every LeBron there&#39;s a Leon Smith.

All League
    Originally posted by CaliJetsFan@Mar 24 2005, 03:37 PM
    DE94Abraham...

I agree with what you are saying but unfortunately these guys are getting so good they can jump from HS to the NBA (a select few). There are major risks involved but thats up to them to decide, for every LeBron there&#39;s a Leon Smith.
    No doubt that some of them can play, but i am selfish and would enjoy watching them play in college.