Thread: Mel Kiper's Chat

Undrafted Free Agent
    bout the Jets.

Sean (Washington DC): Fabian Washington or Marlin Jackson? If you're the Jets who do you take if they are both available?

Mel Kiper: (2:29 PM ET ) I'd take Marlin Jackson. He was a better player during the entire course of this career. Fabian had that pheonomal workout that catapulted him back into the mix, but Marlin's career overall on the field was more impressive to me.

I don't necessarily agree with the Marlin Jackson pick. I would love it if he can land Fabian Washington somehow.

Kiper also said that Heath Miller has fallen out of the 1st round cause of his hernia injury.

RealJetFan

Rookie
    I would take Jackson.... Prefer Carlos Rogers but that now seems like a dream.. I am a big beleiver that we need to take 2 CBs in the first 4 rounds....Also, I do think Heath Miller is going in the mid 2nd round.....

All League
    I dont want to have to choose between Washington and Jackson. But if i did, Hello Marlin Jackson. Sticking to my guns, i want Miller. Justin that is of course.

Veteran
    Out of the two I would take Marlin Jackson.

Banned
    Don't really want a CB round 1 but if i HAVE to pick between them, Fabian Washington the kid is a a star waiting to be born fellas. In my opinion Fabian is going to turn out to be a shut down corner at the NFL level.

All League
    If Miller falls into the 2nd - and this would be considered a STEAL since everyone thought he was a top 15 lock about 2-3 week ago - Should the Jets draft him (for argument sake let's say theu draft a CB in the 1st), if he's still available or go after CAstillo (one again, if he's available)?

Miller or Castillo in the 2nd if it was between the two? :unsure:

It's a toughy for me, I think in the end I'd go with Castillo. What do you guys think?? Improve the Offense or Defense?

Hall Of Fame
    If Miller fell into mid second round I'd trade up if I had a chance if I was the Jets.

Originally posted by StonerJet 63@Mar 24 2005, 03:52 PM
    Don't really want a CB round 1 but if i HAVE to pick between them, Fabian Washington the kid is a a star waiting to be born fellas. In my opinion Fabian is going to turn out to be a shut down corner at the NFL level.
    Stone. Doesn't this guys height of 5-8 & 185 at all bother you?

Best case he is another Ray Ray. We have one of those.

No thanks, Marlin Jackson or Carlos Rogers or Justin Miller.

Veteran
    I recall Marlin wasn't even in some experts top 25 players and now he's moved up in the draft...

Always liked Marlin but I wouldn't take him over the top 3 OT's...

JMO