Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey UNC fans

All Pro
    ..and you know its true!

Veteran
    That has to be a no call. Let the players settle it on the court. He was bumped though. If anything and-1 but I say no call.

Practice Squad
    I say No Travel.

Practice Squad
    i am also of the no travel persuasion...but you gotta have an acc team in the elite 8 after all the hype, no?

go big ten

Veteran
    Digger phelps said it should have been shot and the fould. Should have been an and-1. He was bumped and did not travel. He took 2 steps.

Practice Squad
    Yea, Nova showed some real heart out on the court and to rob them of this victory against pampered land UNC is terrible. NOVA played the toughest Defense and all around scrappy game I have seen on a basektball court on any level in a real, real, real, long time.

Veteran
    Referees always favor the ACC especially DUKE. Horrible call that late in the game let the players determine the outcome.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by prza@Mar 26 2005, 01:27 AM
    Referees always favor the ACC especially DUKE. Horrible call that late in the game let the players determine the outcome.
    Yea, i agree with you 110% I would've probabyly thrown my tv remote if it was Duke instead of UNC, I can't tolerate Duke, seeing them lose tonight was amazing.

Veteran
    I am a ST. John's fan Born and Raised so I am partial to the Big East but still come on you can't take the game out of the players hands. I would be saying that even if it was ST. John's in Carolina's position. Thank God it wasn't Duke because I would have stopped watching college BBall all together.

Veteran
    I agree...he did not travel, that should've been and 1 and the game shoulda been tied with UNC the last shot. PERIOD

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by RickLyle IZ GOD@Mar 26 2005, 01:37 AM
    I agree...he did not travel, that should've been and 1 and the game shoulda been tied with UNC the last shot. PERIOD
    I also hated how the commentators sided with the refs so quickly, what a bunch of tight wads.

All League
    Originally posted by prza@Mar 26 2005, 02:22 AM
    Digger phelps said it should have been shot and the fould. Should have been an and-1. He was bumped and did not travel. He took 2 steps.
    And Rick majerus(a more credible analyst) said it was a good call.

It was very close but it was definitely a travel, I would have had no problem w/ them not calling it(as long as they didn't give him the foul as well b/c there wasn't one) but the call was the right call. 'Nova fans should feel fortunate it was close b/c the refs kept them in the game calling ticky tack fouls against carolina while allowing them to hold and hack the Heels all night. Raymond Felton no way should ahve fouled out and that is waht got 'Nova on their last run to make it close.

All League
    Originally posted by LesterLyles@Mar 26 2005, 12:57 AM
    ..and you know its true!
    NO WAY...GET A SHAVE!

Practice Squad
    clearly a travel...1-2-3 steps..going the other way...Poor officiating the entire night however. Felton was hosed all night. UNC will take a lot from this game and apply it to the Wisconsin game. Heels march to the Final Four.

All Pro
    clearly a travel...1-2-3 steps..going the other way...Poor officiating the entire night however. Felton was hosed all night. UNC will take a lot from this game and apply it to the Wisconsin game. Heels march to the Final Four.
    Here's my problem withthat travel call.
    Referees NEVER EVER MAKE THAT CALL anymore. If the did so many dunks would go the other way. Technically it was a travel. But that call is never mde anymore. AND he was bumped... The referees made a pitiful game changing call in the last minute.
    And I think we can all say now, that the ACC was THE MOST OVERRATED CONFERENCE IN AMERICA.

I don't think there's anyway UNC wins this yr.

Banned
    Originally posted by nyjunc+Mar 26 2005, 08:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nyjunc @ Mar 26 2005, 08:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-prza@Mar 26 2005, 02:22 AM

It was very close but it was definitely a travel, I would have had no problem w/ them not calling it(as long as they didn&#39;t give him the foul as well b/c there wasn&#39;t one) but the call was the right call. &#39;Nova fans should feel fortunate it was close b/c the refs kept them in the game calling ticky tack fouls against carolina while allowing them to hold and hack the Heels all night. Raymond Felton no way should ahve fouled out and that is waht got &#39;Nova on their last run to make it close. [/b][/quote]
    not suprised you would make that argument...but im pretty sure i counted 2 steps with most of the people watching...icluding anylists. im not big in to college basketball but i didnt see the travel.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by prza@Mar 26 2005, 02:27 AM
    THe refereeing in that game was horrible. Felton hasn&#39;t fouled out all year, he got called for some of the most ridiculous fouls I&#39;ve ever seen.

That crew did a horrible job.

When the play in question I said right away "walk," but after closer review it was close.

Robbed? I don&#39;t think so.

UNC was up by 10 w/ over 3 to go, then Felton got taken out on a BS call. If that call is never made, Villanova doesn&#39;t even get close. The Heels gave up 8 unanswered points because they didn&#39;t have a guy who could take charge in the backcourt when Felton went down.

All League
    If Villanova goes all the way, I win a pile.

That was a walk, plain and simple. Just because the NBA would never call it doesn&#39;t mean the rule isn&#39;t there.

Even with some foul trouble, Sean May got only 9 shots and took only 3 foul shots, while Felton goes 4 for 12. Why is May not getting the ball in the paint every possession? Can anyone explain what the eff Roy Williams is doing for that to happen? Roy Boy nearly blew it again. But with all this talent not even a numbnutted fellow like Williams may be able to mess this up.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by nyjunc+Mar 26 2005, 08:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nyjunc @ Mar 26 2005, 08:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-prza@Mar 26 2005, 02:22 AM

It was very close but it was definitely a travel, I would have had no problem w/ them not calling it(as long as they didn&#39;t give him the foul as well b/c there wasn&#39;t one) but the call was the right call. &#39;Nova fans should feel fortunate it was close b/c the refs kept them in the game calling ticky tack fouls against carolina while allowing them to hold and hack the Heels all night. Raymond Felton no way should ahve fouled out and that is waht got &#39;Nova on their last run to make it close. [/b][/quote]
    How is Rick Majerus more credible, because he agrees with your point?

All Pro
    Originally posted by Bugg@Mar 26 2005, 10:53 AM
    If Villanova goes all the way, I win a pile.

That was a walk, plain and simple. Just because the NBA would never call it doesn&#39;t mean the rule isn&#39;t there.

Even with some foul trouble, Sean May got only 9 shots and took only 3 foul shots, while Felton goes 4 for 12. Why is May not getting the ball in the paint every possession? Can anyone explain what the eff Roy Williams is doing for that to happen? Roy Boy nearly blew it again. But with all this talent not even a numbnutted fellow like Williams may be able to mess this up.
    Where was the walk. He took two steps&#33;&#33;&#33; Where was this 3rd step.

Oh and Majerus said walk? Well, Clark Kellog, Seth Davis, Greg Gumble and Digger said no walk.

As a Nova fan, I personally don&#39;t think it should have been a call on McCants, either. It should have been a made FG, Nova down 1. LET THEM PLAY&#33;&#33;&#33;