Thread: Mort chat at 3 today

Hall Of Fame

Veteran
    I'm asking if there's any truth to the Jets-Browns trade rumor?

Veteran
    FYI-

Kevin (Nashville, TN): What are the odds that the 49ers actually trade the 1st pick to the Chargers for Rivers, who would the Chargers draft?

Chris Mortensen: (3:18 PM ET ) Zero chance. It's a bad rumor. I will say the 49ers are open to trade and I could see the Chargers having an intrest in Braylon Edwards. There is just nothing to this rumor.

Veteran
    He just shot down the chargers/49ners rumor.

Kevin (Nashville, TN): What are the odds that the 49ers actually trade the 1st pick to the Chargers for Rivers, who would the Chargers draft?

Chris Mortensen: (3:18 PM ET ) Zero chance. It's a bad rumor. I will say the 49ers are open to trade and I could see the Chargers having an intrest in Braylon Edwards. There is just nothing to this rumor.

Veteran
    It wasn't my question he answered but someone asked!

Billy (NY, NY): Mort, Is there any truth to the rumor that the Jets are negotiating with the Browns to trade John Abraham and their third and fifth round draft picks for Kellen Winslow and their first round pick (number 3 overall)? I can't believe the Browns would do that.

Chris Mortensen: (3:21 PM ET ) The acceleration the Browns would take on their salary cap for Winslow make this fairly non sensical. There is a chance Abraham could be traded and the Browns could be interested, but not the way you just put it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Someone asked him, he said that trade is false and that it wouldnt make sense

Veteran
    Originally posted by Jetme23@Mar 30 2005, 03:19 PM
    Someone asked him, he said that trade is false and that it wouldnt make sense
    Billy (NY, NY): Mort, Is there any truth to the rumor that the Jets are negotiating with the Browns to trade John Abraham and their third and fifth round draft picks for Kellen Winslow and their first round pick (number 3 overall)? I can't believe the Browns would do that.

Chris Mortensen: (3:21 PM ET ) The acceleration the Browns would take on their salary cap for Winslow make this fairly non sensical. There is a chance Abraham could be traded and the Browns could be interested, but not the way you just put it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Savage and Romeo are extremely smart.

It wouldn't shock me at all if they called The Jets to inquire about John Abraham. I would do the same thing if I were them.

At this moment, Terry Bradway and The Jets have repeatedly stated that they have no interest in trading John Abraham.

Unless someone makes them an offer, They can't refuse. Abe will be a Jet next year.

All Pro
    I tell you I would love to have a word with the idiot who started this rumor on the ESPN message board :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />

All League
    Originally posted by JacktheRipper@Mar 30 2005, 03:47 PM
    I tell you I would love to have a word with the idiot who started this rumor on the ESPN message board :<!--emo&Angry:--><!--endemo-->
    what about the 100&#39;s of idiots who kept it alive? <_<

Banned
    Originally posted by JacktheRipper@Mar 30 2005, 03:47 PM
    I tell you I would love to have a word with the idiot who started this rumor on the ESPN message board :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62;

It obviously has more truth to the matter if it was mentioned on the radio, the radio doesn&#39;t get their inside info from message boards. I bet there is truth to this rumor.