Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: The Ultimate Heir to Curtis

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,441

    The Ultimate Heir to Curtis


  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,534
    And you expect us to be in position to draft him because . . . ?

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it
    And you expect us to be in position to draft him because . . . ?
    I think we have to wait 2 years to draft him. Maybe Chad will get injured for the year and Jay Fiedler will be our qb thats a way to get into a high draft positon

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    819
    the ultimate heir to curtis isn't some megastar like peterson, it's a guy like frank gore or marion barber who flyiunder the during the draft. guys that aren't flashy but just get the job done on sundays that is the ultimate heir to curtis

  5. #5
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,039

    Wink

    In case no one is paying attention, the obvious "heir apparent" to #28's spot is #33 Jerald "the Soul Train" Sowell. Solid RB and doesn't send shock waves thru the media about his contract displeasures either. He definitely deserves the shot at the starting spot, I.M.O.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by the vilmanator
    the ultimate heir to curtis isn't some megastar like peterson, it's a guy like frank gore or marion barber who flyiunder the during the draft. guys that aren't flashy but just get the job done on sundays that is the ultimate heir to curtis
    Hold up You rather have Marion Barber#2 than Adrian Peterson First of all Big 10 backs suck in the NFL secondly Marion Barber#2 wasnt even the starter for minnesota that title went to maroney. I mean did you see when this guy burned Derrick Johnson geez he was probably better than 85% of NFL in his freshman year.

  7. #7
    wickedtwisted
    Guest
    WOW...

    That's all I can say. I heard alot about him but never really got to see this kid play. He is going to be great... What amazing acceleration he has along with flat out speed and ability to break tackles... He is going to be awesome. What is his hands like?

    Yeah the Jets won't ever see this guy but he does look like an amazing talent...

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    Hold up You rather have Marion Barber#2 than Adrian Peterson First of all Big 10 backs suck in the NFL secondly Marion Barber#2 wasnt even the starter for minnesota that title went to maroney. I mean did you see when this guy burned Derrick Johnson geez he was probably better than 85% of NFL in his freshman year.
    i'm not saying barber the heir apparent, if you read what i said it's a guy like marion barber or frank gore who will be curtis' heir. and i've got an errie feeling about peterson already he's either gonna be one the greatest rbs of all time or a total bust nothing in between.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedtwisted
    WOW...

    That's all I can say. I heard alot about him but never really got to see this kid play. He is going to be great... What amazing acceleration he has along with flat out speed and ability to break tackles... He is going 5-to be awesome. What is his hands like?

    Yeah the Jets won't ever see this guy but he does look like an amazing talent...
    Hes worth giving up a season to get. Maybe we will pull a Giants one year and just give up in the last 7 games when we know we wont win.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,441
    IDEA IDEA IDEA Trade abe to dallas for a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick in 2007 that way we have enough ammunition to trade up and get this guy. Who knows maybe a team with an established HB will get the 1st overall pick and thus be willing to trade. This is the guy who could take us to the promise land for years.

  11. #11
    A Star



    eLOT

  12. #12
    wickedtwisted
    Guest
    Did Maurice Clarrett look that good in his rookie campaign?

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    870
    Yes he is all that, but he is a way off from draft day. In the life of a college RB that could mean many pitfalls that he still has to overcome. Injuries and whatnot. A la McGhee, lets enjoy the kid in College.

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    This kid will be the best #1 pick to come out in years..Hes that good...Could be the most talked about #1 pick overall since Peyton Manning...

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    In case no one is paying attention, the obvious "heir apparent" to #28's spot is #33 Jerald "the Soul Train" Sowell. Solid RB and doesn't send shock waves thru the media about his contract displeasures either. He definitely deserves the shot at the starting spot, I.M.O.
    LL Sowell is a 31 year old FB!! Martin is 32 so your saying you would like
    to see Sowell be the Jets feature back at the age of 33?? Surely you jest?
    And I know your name is not Shirley!!

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    6,796

    dream on

    no chance we get this kid, even though he is an absolute BEAST....hes comin in 2yrs

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,947
    I don't think he's gonna be one of the greatast of all time, I actually think he could be a bust if he doesn't land with a team with a good Oline


    He's alittle too tall at 6'2 IMHO.


    I hope we draft Cedric Houston, IMO he can be the heir to martin.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    curtis came to us via FA.

    look for us NOT to draft an heir apparent.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,135
    I like the idea of getting a Frank Gore-type guy. Remember Gore was higher on the depthcharts than all the Miami RB's thave have come out in the last three years, Portis, MacGahee, etc. he's had some bad bread with the knees, but the kid's a serious talent. Worth a midround risk for sure..

  20. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    In case no one is paying attention, the obvious "heir apparent" to #28's spot is #33 Jerald "the Soul Train" Sowell. Solid RB and doesn't send shock waves thru the media about his contract displeasures either. He definitely deserves the shot at the starting spot, I.M.O.



    dont take this the wrong way but you need counselling.....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us