Thread: Sportscenter's Mock Draft

Sportscenter's Mock Draft

Kiper and Clayton did a 1st RD Mock and has us taking J. Miller due to Donnie Abe maybe retiring. Marlin Jax went to Jax, Heath to Pitt, Pac-Man to Skins, C.Rogers to Cincy, said Fab Wash not a 1st RD

JetsInsider.com Legend
    that would be a very acceptable outcome for the JETS -

i'd take Fabian as well - as said previous hopefully they consider all the factors and make the decision based on who is the better player... Justin is ranked higher on most boards - so that would be great. If Donnie thinks he could work with Fabian that's an option too.

Clayton also said we'd prolly go saftey in RD 2, Bullocks or Gerald Sensabaugh perhaps?

Banned
    Yeah but what does Clayton know I do believe we will go CB in round 1 especially after hearing the press conference yesterday. They have total confidence in Adrian Jones to get the job done and if you were listening Bradway said he didn't see any (that's including Miller) TE that would unseat Baker as the starter this season so they will not waste a #1 on a TE. Based on need it's possible we go SS, TE, or DT in round 2 I believe we take the best value at that point.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanmack
    Clayton also said we'd prolly go saftey in RD 2, Bullocks or Gerald Sensabaugh perhaps?
    Bullocks wont be around when we draft in the second...

All League

I think

it is entirely possible that the Jets really want Heath Miller. If they do, they are handling this situation perfectly. Any whispers from the Jets regarding Heath Miller, and that could lead to Pittsburgh getting nervous and trading up to take him. I think the Jets could be playing coy with Miller so Pittsburgh gets the feeling that he'll fall all the way to them at #30, then the Jets snatch him up at #26.

I could be dead wrong. But I think it's a distinct possibility. Heimerdinger has been hot for a starting TE all offseason. I just don't see the Jets settling on Baker as the starter.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05
    it is entirely possible that the Jets really want Heath Miller. If they do, they are handling this situation perfectly. Any whispers from the Jets regarding Heath Miller, and that could lead to Pittsburgh getting nervous and trading up to take him. I think the Jets could be playing coy with Miller so Pittsburgh gets the feeling that he'll fall all the way to them at #30, then the Jets snatch him up at #26.

I could be dead wrong. But I think it's a distinct possibility. Heimerdinger has been hot for a starting TE all offseason. I just don't see the Jets settling on Baker as the starter.

let's all hope not..i will pray friday night that we dont draft heath miller...

All League
    What did they have Matt Jones doing? I like the idea of Justin Miller being our first round pick, then I would go TE or DT 2nd round. Maybe we can even take a chance on Castillo if he hangs around later...

Banned
    Thats what I'm talking about, Justin Miller is #1 baby!!!

I wouldn't take Sensabaugh in rd 2, but I would consider a DT like Mosley or a ballhawk like Josh Bullocks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    that would be a very acceptable outcome for the JETS -

i'd take Fabian as well - as said previous hopefully they consider all the factors and make the decision based on who is the better player... Justin is ranked higher on most boards - so that would be great. If Donnie thinks he could work with Fabian that's an option too.
    Explain why. The coaches and beat writers of the Big 12 produced All Big 12 lists after the season. These are beat writers and coaches who have seen Fabian play for four years and coaches who not only watched him play, but saw four years of game film. Fabian did not make either first or second team All Big 12 at cornerback. Please, a blistering 40 time does not make a third round at best pick vault into the first round, unless you simply ignore the players production on the field for four seasons.

For all you oldtimers, Frankie Avalon had more production than Fabian.

All Pro
    If we don't end up signing Dyson or Law I would be very pleased with Justin Miller. Fabian Washington.....maybe.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPanther
    Yeah but what does Clayton know I do believe we will go CB in round 1 especially after hearing the press conference yesterday. They have total confidence in Adrian Jones to get the job done and if you were listening Bradway said he didn't see any (that's including Miller) TE that would unseat Baker as the starter this season so they will not waste a #1 on a TE. Based on need it's possible we go SS, TE, or DT in round 2 I believe we take the best value at that point.
    Would that be the same Terry Bradway who said in 2002 that the Jets wouldn't trade up in the draft since they didn't see value at picking DeWayne Robertson 4th and having to give up first and fourth round draft picks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088
    Would that be the same Terry Bradway who said in 2002 that the Jets wouldn't trade up in the draft since they didn't see value at picking DeWayne Robertson 4th and having to give up first and fourth round draft picks.
    totally agree... I really believe Heath Miller is the guy they want...

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

tired of the meaningless mocks.....just gonna wait and see come saturday.

I would like to see us pick up Vincent Jackson-WR- Northern Colorado- 6-4 3/4 and 145 pounds he wants to play WR but could be a great number 2 TE and possibly take Bakers Job. The kid has great hands and can jump with the best of them. His YAC was an average of 20yrds - the kid just ran through people.