Thread: Underrated aspect of out schedule....good bye week

Veteran

Underrated aspect of out schedule....good bye week

usually teams are at a tremendous disadvantage the week after a monday night football game due to late travel, fatigue, less preparation, whatever the case..just last year we turned in our 2nd worst performance of the year up in buffalo after waxing miami on mon night. but this year, we have our bye week following a monday nighter in atlanta, which i think will negate that. plus its right smack in the middle of the year when the bumps and bruises start piling up, giving our guys a good chance to heal.....

Rookie
    Very good point.

Veteran
    Its week 8 right? Well I wouldve hoped it was week 7 but its a lot better than week 3 of last year.

All League
    I think it's really tough to predict what will be a good bye week. There's just no formula to do it...I've tried in the past to figure it who will benefit most from the timing of their bye week, but have concluded that you just can't do it. It depends on so many unpredictable factors.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree that a good bye week is in the middle of the schedule with nothing else being known what is going to happen during the season. At times a good bye week can come very early or very late if key personal are hurt. All things being equal though I like it in the middle.

All League
    yeah, I agree. but, do you like it in the middle of the regular season game sked, or the middle of the season in that begins when camp opens. I've heard some coaches say they like a bye in week 3 or 4, because that's half way from between the beginning of camp and the end of the regular season.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

I was always a fan of having a mid season bye week.

All Pro
    I'm also in favor of the mid-season bye week.

The games usually get tougher the second half of the season too because at that point is when the teams start to make a push for the playoffs and the players really need to be in the best health they can be during that time.