Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predict the pick!

Veteran

Predict the pick!

Just like predict the score. Take one crack at it, let's see who can nail it! If you think they are moving up or down, pick accordingly ...

I'll go with:

Brodney Pool

All Pro
    Heath Miller

Rookie
    I think it'll be an offensive player because last year they gave the new DC a defensive player in round # 1 and I think they'll do the same for Dinger especially since we're gonna need to tweak our offensive personnel a little to be as effective as possible in his system.

I think Heath Miller would be the obvious pick because he's a good fit, but, I'll assume someone else will trade up and snatch him from us between picks # 20 and # 25 { Just our luck }.

Then, we are left to take the only offensive skill player available that has the potential to help stretch the field and cause matchup problems for opposing defenses fully maximizing our new offensive philosophy.

With the 26th selection of the 2005 NFL draft.....

The New York Jets select - WR - Matt Jones - University of Arkansas

{ and there is mixed reaction at best from the Jets fans in attendance.....}

{ and most of the remaining draft will focus of DB's and OL depth.....}

All League
    I will say Heath Miller

Rookie
    IM going to take a chance and say they take w/ 26 pick Alex Smith/te/stamford

Hall Of Fame
    Although I don't agree with the Matt Jones pick, I think your logic is right on.

The Jets flirting with signing Andre Dyson only seems to lend more truth to what you are saying.

And YES they went out and got a playmaker for the defense last year for Donnie Henderson, so saying the Jets will do the same for the Dinger seems to make sense.

I think if Khalif Barnes is there at #26, the Jets have to bite.

But I could just as easily see them trading down for more 2nd rounders and still getting one of the top TE prospects in the draft like an Alex Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by MARYLAND JET
    I think it'll be an offensive player because last year they gave the new DC a defensive player in round # 1 and I think they'll do the same for Dinger especially since we're gonna need to tweak our offensive personnel a little to be as effective as possible in his system.

I think Heath Miller would be the obvious pick because he's a good fit, but, I'll assume someone else will trade up and snatch him from us between picks # 20 and # 25 { Just our luck }.

Then, we are left to take the only offensive skill player available that has the potential to help stretch the field and cause matchup problems for opposing defenses fully maximizing our new offensive philosophy.

With the 26th selection of the 2005 NFL draft.....

The New York Jets select - WR - Matt Jones - University of Arkansas

{ and there is mixed reaction at best from the Jets fans in attendance.....}

{ and most of the remaining draft will focus of DB's and OL depth.....}

All League
    Heath Miller...
    much like the Vilma pick last year - the Jets may actually trade up to get him if they feel someone else wants him...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyShoreJet
    Just like predict the score. Take one crack at it, let's see who can nail it! If you think they are moving up or down, pick accordingly ...

I'll go with:

Brodney Pool
    I say either Pool or Patterson but I wouldn't be upset with Khaliff Barnes either. It could be Washington but for some reason I don't think we take a corner in the 1st round. I think we pick up a corner maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    I say either Pool or Patterson but I wouldn't be upset with Khaliff Barnes either. It could be Washington but for some reason I don't think we take a corner in the 1st round. I think we pick up a corner maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round.
    Pick one, Arod. This is a contest.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I haven't really decided yet. I am going to complete my 7 round mock with trades on Friday.

If you put a gun to my head right now. At this moment, I'd say that The Jets are taking Marlin Jackson. Get back to me in a couple of days though.

Heath Miller.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

Justin Miller CB Clemson

Undrafted Free Agent
    I would love Heath Miller to drop to #26 but unlikely he lasts that long, look for the Jets to move up and grab him.

All Pro
    Knowing the thinking of Herm, it won't be an obvious pick because he uses other factors in determining who they'd pick, like the school that the player comes from, a player that has one or two downsides (which they'll be able to improve via coaching) and other intangibles too.

This is why I think they'll select Marlin Jackson.
    Last edited by MrSFJFC; 04-20-2005 at 02:12 PM.

Veteran
    In my opioion here is what going to unfold...hold on!!!! The jets are going to make a blockbuster trade with Minnesota:

Jets will trade Jon Abraham and the 26 pick for Minnesotas 7th,and 18th, and second round pick in 06!

At 7 the Jets will take either Mike Williams or Antell Rolle. Obviously everbody here would love either of these players. At 18 the NY jets will draft Jamal Bown OT Oklahoma...A roadgrader or Marcus Speras DE LSU!!! A 61 the NY jets will select DE Chris Canty Virginia, or Elton Brown Ol UVA. All depends on 18***If we dont draft antrell rolle we will be signing rolle from the Titans.

The Jets have had it with JON ABe and he is the pefect fit for The Vikings!!! Who will be sold on him by mr cotrell!! @26 the vikings will address WR!!!

What do people think???

IF this happens we will build a monument of TBradawy!!!!
    DJR44

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by djr44
    In my opioion here is what going to unfold...hold on!!!! The jets are going to make a blockbuster trade with Minnesota:

Jets will trade Jon Abraham and the 26 pick for Minnesotas 7th,and 18th, and second round pick in 06!

At 7 the Jets will take either Mike Williams or Antell Rolle. Obviously everbody here would love either of these players. At 18 the NY jets will draft Jamal Bown OT Oklahoma...A roadgrader or Marcus Speras DE LSU!!! A 61 the NY jets will select DE Chris Canty Virginia, or Elton Brown Ol UVA. All depends on 18***If we dont draft antrell rolle we will be signing rolle from the Titans.

The Jets have had it with JON ABe and he is the pefect fit for The Vikings!!! Who will be sold on him by mr cotrell!! @26 the vikings will address WR!!!

What do people think???

IF this happens we will build a monument of TBradawy!!!!
    DJR44

If the Jets get either Rolle or Williams, you win the contest!

All Pro
    I say Clemson CB/KR Justin Miller a logical choice!

TMahoney
    Jets trade 26th pick for Charles Woodson.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    CB Fabian Washington

Hall Of Fame
    Fabian Washington