View Poll Results: What are you going to do at #26?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draft Matt Jones (only wants to play WR)

3 7.89%
  • Draft Heath Miller (injury questions, fast enough?)

6 15.79%
  • Draft Mike Patterson (legit first rounder?)

2 5.26%
  • Draft Travis Johnson (attitude problem)

3 7.89%
  • Draft Justin Miller (character issues)

6 15.79%
  • Draft Luis Castillo (roid issue)

0 0%
  • Draft Brodney Pool (legit first rounder?)

3 7.89%
  • Trade Down (what do you expect in return?)

13 34.21%
  • Panic and faint (and miss the pick)

2 5.26%

Thread: JETS GM Your OTC. WHAT ARE U GOING TO DO?

JETS GM Your OTC. WHAT ARE U GOING TO DO?

By pick #26, my crystal ball says the following players have been picked (not necessarily in this order):

Aaron Rodgers
    Ronnie Brown
    Alex Smith
    Braylon Edwards
    Mike Williams
    Antrel Rolle
    Shawn Merriman
    Pac Man Jones
    Carlos Rodgers
    Derrick Johnson
    DeMarcus Ware
    Troy Williamson
    Cadillac Williams
    Alex Barron
    David Pollack
    Thomas Davis
    Matt Roth
    Mark Clayton
    Jammal Brown
    Marcus Spears
    Khalif Barnes
    Roddy White
    Fabian Washington
    Marlin Jackson
    Jason Campbell

and you are getting phone calls to trade up (teams interested in Justin Miller, Heath Miller, and Matt Jones ... e.g. Eagles, Steelers)

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

Rookie
    Trade with eagles and get there 1st round pick and select alex smith te stamford.

My guess would be trade with the Eagles (assuming they want to jump up and get Matt Jones). Our #1 for their two second round picks. Eagles happy ... they would have #26, #31, and their two third round picks.

Jets then have #35, #57, #63, #88 ... and hopefully address TE (Alex Smith), DT (hopefully more of a run stuffer), OL (Evan Mathis, Marcus Johnson type that can play G or RT), and RB (e.g. Shelton, Kay Jay Harris, Marion Barber, Arrington, Moats). I am assuming that we will announce the signing Andre Dyson this weekend or sometime next week (and would not need to draft a cornerback in the first day considering we would have Dyson, Barrett, D-Strait, Mickens, and possibly D. Abraham).

4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th (get a safety prospect, another OL prospect, and best available players the three remaining picks)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by inchadwetrust
    My guess would be trade with the Eagles (assuming they want to jump up and get Matt Jones). Our #1 for their two second round picks. Eagles happy ... they would have #26, #31, and their two third round picks.

Jets then have #35, #57, #63, #88 ... and hopefully address TE (Alex Smith), DT (hopefully more of a run stuffer), OL (Evan Mathis, Marcus Johnson type that can play G or RT), and RB (e.g. Shelton, Kay Jay Harris, Marion Barber, Arrington, Moats). I am assuming that we will announce the signing Andre Dyson this weekend or sometime next week (and would not need to draft a cornerback in the first day considering we would have Dyson, Barrett, D-Strait, Mickens, and possibly D. Abraham).

4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th (get a safety prospect, another OL prospect, and best available players the three remaining picks)
    I don't know about that one. What makes you think the Eagles would bite? I would only consider this if we sign Dyson, otherwise, I say, stay put.

All League
    I say we trade down. If both of the tight ends are still available, we trade back and get whichever one is left assuming we are only trading back to the late first round or early second round.

We have drafted defense first every year except the first (Santana Moss) so, as much as I might want a good corner, I do not think they spend a first round pick on a corner in a draft where there is plenty of depth at corner. I say the first pick, while not in the first round, will still be on offense. If both the TE's are gone, then we definitely trade down. If both are still available, then trading down depends on who wants to move up, how far back we go, and what player the team trading up is trying to get. Still, at 26, I just don't see us actually spending that pick on any of the players likely to be there at that pick.

Bradway and Herm are up to something and unfortunately we will have to wait until Saturday to see what it is.

All League
    I would take the best player available, which would be either Jones or Justin Miller.

Miller is not only a terrific corner, he also has great return ability, something that would be a huge benefit for this team.

As much as I like Jones, I, personally would rather have Miller.

Waterboy
    I really don't see alot of teams wanting to move up to our spot. We are kind of considered no man's land, so we ill be stuck with the 26th. Here's a crazy outside the box idea: Say PHI/PIT does not want to trade at all, and justin Miller/Fabian Washington are not there(I don't want Heath so I won't consider whether he's there or not), why not just skip the pick and target Brodney Pool around 29-32? I know it sounds crazy, but we would get a solid safety and save a few bucks on salary since we will have picked him where he is slotted to be valued rather than reaching at 26. Just a crazy thought.

But having said that, I have a feeling a couple teams will actually deliberately miss their pick due to them not feeling there are players worth the salary at the spot they pick.

Undrafted Free Agent

Te, Te, Te!

First: (OFFENSE)

First things first: I would do my damdest to sign Dyson to sure-up our CB need.

Draft: We have 1 (legit) TE on the roster - and he is an unproven entity. Dinger likes to use double TE packages - so does that mean Dearth and Baker? There are NO FA TE's out there worth picking up and despite the so-called "uncertainty" with Heath's health, there are more positives than negatives over Smith.

Second: (DEFENSE)
    See if we can get a package together to get a high pick in round 2 if Poole is available - picking him up would make our D extremely solid.

THIRD (O-Line Depth)
    Take the best available LT or C.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

Justin Miller has character issues?

He has no character issues....thats so blown out of proportion every year.

He's not like Lawrence Philips or the D Lineman from Nebraska.....these guys had character issues from college that carried over to the NFL.....thats such an overblown statement.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Justin Miller has character issues?

He has no character issues....thats so blown out of proportion every year.
    he just got arrested - that's not a good thing

I'd draft Matt Jones and not look back.

All League
    Trade down. Get some depth.

BZ

just speculating teams wanting matt jones and him still being on the board when we select (mention the eagles because they have alot of picks in the draft and only so many of them will have a shot at making the team ... so they may trade up in spots for guys they really want ... they are one of the teams that are interested in Matt Jones).

Eagles have their 1st Round pick, Two Second Round picks, and Two Third Round picks. One 4th Round pick, Three 5th Round Picks, One 6th Round Pick, and Four 7th Round Picks.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    I don't know about that one. What makes you think the Eagles would bite? I would only consider this if we sign Dyson, otherwise, I say, stay put.