2 6.06%

Thread: Just to end the bickering regarding Dyson

Rookie

Just to end the bickering regarding Dyson

I hate polls, BUT just to end this argument regarding Andre Dyson:

Who is a better CB:

Andre Dyson

Donnie Abraham

I believe (looking at the career stats) that Dyson is a better CB and younger. Couple this with the fact that Donnie Henderson is a better Defensive Back Coach then the Titans Defensive Back Coach. So if you have a younger and better CB coupled with a better coach you should have better results. The only remaining questions is financial. If you could sign Dyson to a reasonable contract and considering with the new TV contracts are expected to increase the salary cap in 2 yrs. increase significantly.

Thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    Has anyone ever even questioned this?

I think not.

Even people who may be opposed to getting Dyson are probably opposed due to $$$$$$$ more than they are questioning if he is a better player and a better fit for our team at this stage in their careers than Donnie Abraham is.

Practice Squad

Love D. Abe, but Dyson has the age

Dyson based only on age. In their prime, they are very similar players. Dyson looks like Abe 3-5 years ago. Neither are elite, but both are/were fast, and can make the big play occasionally. Average cover guys who can break on the ball nicely.

I really think Abe has been an underrated Jet over the years because he's quiet and classy. Remember, over the past couple of years since Glenn left, Abe has been the only stable Jet in that backfield. He's been solid, and Dyson would basically be like introducing Abe a few years ago. Take him if the cap allows. Otherwise, draft one + use Mickens and Strait, with a June 1st cut as security.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by InChadWeTrust10
    Has anyone ever even questioned this?

I think not.

Even people who may be opposed to getting Dyson are probably opposed due to $$$$$$$ more than they are questioning if he is a better player and a better fit for our team at this stage in their careers than Donnie Abraham is.
    Far Better.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by obrienssong
    Dyson based only on age. In their prime, they are very similar players. Dyson looks like Abe 3-5 years ago. Neither are elite, but both are/were fast, and can make the big play occasionally. Average cover guys who can break on the ball nicely.

I really think Abe has been an underrated Jet over the years because he's quiet and classy. Remember, over the past couple of years since Glenn left, Abe has been the only stable Jet in that backfield. He's been solid, and Dyson would basically be like introducing Abe a few years ago. Take him if the cap allows. Otherwise, draft one + use Mickens and Strait, with a June 1st cut as security.
    Abe is only here because he performed well in a "Cover 2" defense in Tampa and that is what the Jets (Herm) wanted Cotrell to run. If Donnie Henderson was our defensive coordinator in 2000, Donnie Abraham would have never been brought in as this is not the style of defense he (and our team) now runs.

Donnie Abe was, and never will be an ideal cover guy as he has ALWAYS lacked top-end speed. He's taylor-made for a predominantly zone-defense philosophy ... not man-to-man.

I'm not Donnie Abe bashing as I never disliked him as a player. I'm just calling a spade a spade and pointing out facts.
    Last edited by JMJ; 04-20-2005 at 02:08 PM.