Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Are A Pathethic Excuse For An Nfl Franchise If We Don't Draft

We Are A Pathethic Excuse For An Nfl Franchise If We Don't Draft

Mike Nugent at #47 ...

if he is still there and players like Travis Johnson, Matt Jones, the top six corners, and the top three tackles are off the board (if any of these guys are still there we could pick them or would probably get alot of calls/offers for picks for this year and/or next)

why in the world does everyone want us to draft second tier corners in the second round? Have we given up on D-Strait (who was like the 3rd ranked corner in last years draft)? We have other needs to address early. At corner, we got Barrett, D-Strait, Mickens, and possibly Abraham (draft a corner later or pick up a cheap June 1st cut).

In the 2nd, we need players that can have an impact right away ... especially if we think we are a contender (versus a pretender)

#47: Nugent (k)
    #57: Versatile OL (Evan Mathis or Marcus Johnson) who can play G or RT ...
    How bad would our OL be if one of our starters went down? Plus these guys could challenge either Brandon Moore or Adrian Jones.

I think there are 7 lineman in the draft that look like they can walk on the field on start week one (and play right tackle if needed):
    Alex Barron (will be gone)
    Jammal Brown (will be gone)
    Khalif Barnes (probably will be gone)
    David Baas (probably will be gone; not sure if he could play right tackle)
    Evan Mathis (may be available at #57)
    Marcus Johnson (may be available at #57)
    Richie Incognito (probably drafted 3rd, 4th, or 5th ... team that drafts him has to hope he has matured and can control his temper though ... Bengals want him bad)

Badway looking for the safe pick (some second rate corner or reach at defensive tackle) probably won't do much to help us make the next step in 2005.

The two (Nugent and Mathis) I mentioned would make us a better team in 2005.!

All Pro
    no offense, thats plain dumb.......no K's, brein will be better than last yr.....Pit is one of the hadest places to kick from....what if this guy turns out to be worse?

NO NO NO!!!

DEPTH ON DEFENSE

dude ... Nugent can also kick off ... which gowen did a crap job last year ... and as I mentioned ... HOW BAD WILL OUR LINE BE IF ONE OF STARTERS IS OUT FOR SAY A FEW GAMES ... or Brandon Moore and/or Adrian Jones are struggling? Brandon Moore struggled at times last year.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal1189
    no offense, thats plain dumb.......no K's, brein will be better than last yr.....Pit is one of the hadest places to kick from....what if this guy turns out to be worse?

NO NO NO!!!

DEPTH ON DEFENSE

All Pro
    my plan would be to go OT/DT in rd 2- im agsint K's completly at this point

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Would I draft Nugent in the third-- maybe. Second-- no way.

Adam Vinatieri, Mike Vaderjagt, and Jeff Wilkins were all undrafted. They weren't even drafted in the 7th round. So I'd be against drafting any kicker on day 1.

for a team that tried to play field position football, our kickoff and punting game sucked.!

What OT and DT?

Which Tackle? Some pure tackles that would be left are major reaches for the second round?

Also. Same with the DTs (and some wouldn't fit our defensive scheme ... e.g. Jonathan Babineaux)

my plan would be to go OT/DT in rd 2- im agsint K's completly at this point

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by inchadwetrust
    What OT and DT?

Which Tackle? Some pure tackles that would be left are major reaches for the second round?

Also. Same with the DTs (and some wouldn't fit our defensive scheme ... e.g. Jonathan Babineaux)
    adam terry syracuse
    antajj hawthorne wisconsin

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Mike Nugent at #47 ...
    Go right ahead.

The Jets would be the laughingstock of the NFL (like they are not right up there already) if you took Nugent with the 47th pick.

A friggn' kicker in the 2nd round?

All Pro
    Nugents a bust. He choked vs Northwestern I will never forge that

yeah whatever ... go draft Marlin Jackson ... maybe he'll smash Teddi Bruschi's bottle of roids over Tom Brady's head. ... Or Justin Miller ... he can try to incite a riot with the local cops.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Go right ahead.

The Jets would be the laughingstock of the NFL (like they are not right up there already) if you took Nugent with the 47th pick.

Hall Of Fame
    EVen the best looking kickers can cough up a hairball at the wrong time. Look at the guy from San Diego, he had a big year but blew it against the Jets. Brien actually had a decent year until our last game. Kickoffs were not great granted but I don't know if I'd want to use the first pick of the Jets on a kicker.

All League
    Kaeding was a better prospect and went in the third round.

Pay no attention to these mock drafts which have him going in round 2. The second tier of players is way too deep for a team to take a kicker at that spot. Especially the Jets, who have needs at CB, DT, and S.

MAYBE in the 3rd round, maybe. If the Jets strike gold with their first 2 picks (say, Luis Castillo and Stanley Wilson) I could live with the pick in the 3rd, but not unless something like that occurs.

they may be aw-ite ... a little unsure about Adam Terry in the 2nd round. He's better than some of the other stiff Right Tackles that will be drafted right behind him (Ray Willis, Pete McMahon, etc.)

adam terry syracuse

antajj hawthorne wisconsin
    Last edited by inchadwetrust; 04-22-2005 at 12:24 AM.

you can also re-sign Ty Law. He's got everything you could want in a cornerback ... except for the walking.

Go right ahead.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05
    Kaeding was a better prospect and went in the third round.

Pay no attention to these mock drafts which have him going in round 2. The second tier of players is way too deep for a team to take a kicker at that spot. Especially the Jets, who have needs at CB, DT, and S.

MAYBE in the 3rd round, maybe. If the Jets strike gold with their first 2 picks (say, Luis Castillo and Stanley Wilson) I could live with the pick in the 3rd, but not unless something like that occurs.
    Not sure if Kaeding was a better prospect because Nugent has a cannon for a leg, but your comment about the Jets needs (CB, DT & S) far outweighs any thoughts of taking a kicker in the 2nd round.

Rookie
    Christ I would like this actually just not in the second round

I am tired of crappy Jets kickers. Say what you want about Brien, he is accurate but he has a weak leg and can't do kickoffs. And goodness knows how last year's playoff blowup will affect him.

And how about a punter too while the Jets are at it? PLEASE I am so sick of the revolving door of crappy Jet punters.

Banned
    Go right ahead.

hmmm, a team that made the play-offs 3 of the last 4 years(with one of them beating out the superbowl champs for the division title) and came within one missed field goal of going to the afc championship game last year is the laughing stock of the nfl? another quality post!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    yeah whatever ... go draft Marlin Jackson ... maybe he'll smash Teddi Bruschi's bottle of roids over Tom Brady's head. ... Or Justin Miller ... he can try to incite a riot with the local cops.

lol. too funny.

Banned
    Or Justin Miller ... he can try to incite a riot with the local cops.
    he can fit in with the rest of the mas sholes who burn things and kill people when their sports teams win something.

Bostons like a third world soccer $hithole