Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: I Say Abraham Goes Today!

  1. #1

    I Say Abraham Goes Today!

    I'm guessing Minny or Parcells Takes Him. Yes the deal can easily be arranged today. The Jets would take the Cowboy's 2nd first rounder, and might even give up a second rounder and 6th rounder to shoot at number 11.
    Parcells wants to win now. He won't worry about Abe being a *****. He cannot get more impact from a rook. You can bet the following conversation took place this week with Abe's agent.
    " Lookit...I'm not tampering, but supposing the Jets were to trade number 94, what kind of numbers would he be seeking? You know we're not in position to give much more than what the 11th slot would get. I think we're gonna have to have incentives, I need to know she s going to be ready to play every week."

  2. #2
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,704
    I believe JA needs to sign his tender before he can be traded. To date he has not.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    870
    If we got into a spot to draft Merriman or James then okay.

    Can Abe sign via fax???

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,675
    I say he doesn't go. There is no one close to his talent level in this draft at any position, so unless they are totally fed up with him... I can't see this happening.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,534
    i dunno if he will be traded today or not, but i sure am hoping!

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman
    I say he doesn't go. There is no one close to his talent level in this draft at any position, so unless they are totally fed up with him... I can't see this happening.

    Donnie Henderson has said more than once, John Abraham is the most valuable defensive player the Jets have, he's going nowhere. I'll take Donnie Henderson's word over a bunch of disgruntled Jet draft Trekkies who ought to spend the day in their Trekkie gear at Javits Center booing whoever the Jets draft.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    HOPE ALL YOU WANT

    abe has not signed his tender so he can't be traded

    END OF STORY

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    11,462
    #1- He can't be traded.

    #2- There's noone on his level as a pass rusher in this entire draft.

    #3- When all the smoke clears and the dust settles. Abraham will be ready to go next season. That situation will eventually work itself out just like The Orlando Pace and Chris McAlister situations the last few years.

    Abraham is one guy who really doesn't need camp. He's a skill position guy who will be healthy and fresh going into the regular season. He doesn't need preseason games. Let the young guys get some reps.

    We need him in September. Not July. Once the deadline passes in late July. Things will work themselves out. I am not worried and neither are The Jets.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,534
    yeah we need him in september. but it will be fine when he isn't there in november, december and january...

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungJetsFan
    #1- He can't be traded.

    #2- There's noone on his level as a pass rusher in this entire draft.

    #3- When all the smoke clears and the dust settles. Abraham will be ready to go next season. That situation will eventually work itself out just like The Orlando Pace and Chris McAlister situations the last few years.

    Abraham is one guy who really doesn't need camp. He's a skill position guy who will be healthy and fresh going into the regular season. He doesn't need preseason games. Let the young guys get some reps.

    We need him in September. Not July. Once the deadline passes in late July. Things will work themselves out. I am not worried and neither are The Jets.
    AMEN - we need him in December!! Have you guys forgot that we play four of our 6 NFL East games (for the division championship) in our last 5 games of the year!!!!

    If we win all four of those, gotta believe we win the East!

    Go JETS!!!

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    11,462
    Quote Originally Posted by oktaren
    yeah we need him in september. but it will be fine when he isn't there in november, december and january...
    We will see what happens.

    He's going to have to come in and have a monster season next year if he wants a long term deal. It's up to him.

    He's gotta stay healthy and prove himself. If he plays all 16 games next year Gets 12 to 16 sacks and goes to The pro bowl. Our tunes might change on Abe.

    He's getting one last chance to prove himself next year. He's already been a 3 time pro bowler and he is one of The Top 5 speed rushers in the entire league. I am not crying because I have a top 5 pass rusher.

    You guys can beg for that type of player to go. I'm not.

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    6,453
    Quote Originally Posted by oktaren
    yeah we need him in september. but it will be fine when he isn't there in november, december and january...
    give it a rest..don't be here later in the season claiming how much you love him and can't believe some people wanted him traded..WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan13
    give it a rest..don't be here later in the season claiming how much you love him and can't believe some people wanted him traded..WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!
    i will never root for him again. i don't care if we trade him for a 2nd round pick today and he gets 20 sacks this season. i still wouldn't want him here.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungJetsFan
    We will see what happens.

    He's going to have to come in and have a monster season next year if he wants a long term deal. It's up to him.

    He's gotta stay healthy and prove himself. If he plays all 16 games next year Gets 12 to 16 sacks and goes to The pro bowl. Our tunes might change on Abe.

    He's getting one last chance to prove himself next year. He's already been a 3 time pro bowler and he is one of The Top 5 speed rushers in the entire league. I am not crying because I have a top 5 pass rusher.

    You guys can beg for that type of player to go. I'm not.
    i still wouldn't be happy with him if he got 16 sacks next year. i just want him gone.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by oktaren
    yeah we need him in september. but it will be fine when he isn't there in november, december and january...
    Well then, hope for him to hold out until October 15th and he'll be ready to go for Novermber, December, and hopefully January.

    JAbe ain't goin' anywhere today, folks, so just get ready to wait for the 47th pick today...

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBeans
    Well then, hope for him to hold out until October 15th and he'll be ready to go for Novermber, December, and hopefully January.

    JAbe ain't goin' anywhere today, folks, so just get ready to wait for the 47th pick today...
    for one thing i never said i thought abe would be traded. i don't think he will be traded. i just said i hope that he is. but that is a good idea. maybe if we didn't play until the playoffs he would actually be able to play in them. what am i talking about? it will be flu season...

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJets
    AMEN - we need him in December!! Have you guys forgot that we play four of our 6 NFL East games (for the division championship) in our last 5 games of the year!!!!

    If we win all four of those, gotta believe we win the East!

    Go JETS!!!

    Yep, if we are right there in the hunt through Thanksgiving, December is going to be one heck of a month.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,654
    So you're saying we should get rid of the guy just because he's missed some games for us these past two seasons? I guess we'll be getting rid of Chad at the same time then???

    Oh, that's right, Abe was ill one time several years ago and had to get an IV during the game just to try to keep him on his feet. What a big girl's blouse - that makes all the difference.



    Abe will be a Jet next year. He's one of our biggest impact players, and all his off-the-field issues and throwing toys out of the pram over his contract do not change that. If teams got rid of everyone who had off-the-field issues, there'd be so few players left the season would get cancelled. The Jets have enough leaders / role models / all round good guys; surely we can deal with one or two 'bad guys' too. This is football, not Sunday School.

  19. #19
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    81

    Thumbs up

    I would not be upset if they traded 94 at all I think he is going to be a distraction all year and he can not stay healthy. He is a great pass rusher without doubt. We need one who is going to play more than 8 games a season. Good thoughts on this. I think the cowboys would only give up the 20th pick. We are stacked at the 6th round.

  20. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by oktaren
    for one thing i never said i thought abe would be traded. i don't think he will be traded. i just said i hope that he is. but that is a good idea. maybe if we didn't play until the playoffs he would actually be able to play in them. what am i talking about? it will be flu season...
    Flu season! F'n hilarious!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us