Thread: Who knew about this OT we signed

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Who knew about this OT we signed

Charles Thomas OT signed 1-11-05
    Thomas, is a 6-4, 315-pound offensive tackle, who most recently played for the Canadian Football League’s Saskatchewan Roughriders. He played his college football at Troy State University in Alabama.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-25-2005 at 10:41 AM.

All League
    UDFA I suppose?

Do any of these after the draft signings ever result in any starters for the JETS?

Hall Of Fame
    Craptacular....in my humble opinion. I was shocked he was signed by the Jets. He was probably the 4th or 5th best guy on Saskatchewan his last year there. He has the size I suppose to play in the NFL but I was uninpressed by his play in the CFL. I rated him as an average CFL tackle at best. (Saskatchewan fans might disagree. I'll go onto a CFL fan website and ask for opinions from Saskatchewan fans.)

Hall Of Fame
    why this guy when MUNOZ is still out there and he is very talented?

Charter JI Member
    I'm guessing this guy is just passing through...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet
    why this guy when MUNOZ is still out there and he is very talented?
    Look at the date of the signing 1-11-05!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Here is what some Sask fans have to say about Thomas:

"I think he’s a very athletic guy who had a very good first year with us but struggled in his second. His struggles may not have been all his fault, though, as we replaced his OG Heaven with Childress near the end of the year and his play seemed to improve quite a bit. I think Thomas’ problem out of college as far as the NFL was concerned was that he was a little small but I think he’s bulked up since then. It wouldn’t surprise me if he makes the Jets although I don’t expect him to be an impact player for them, more like a good backup."

"My personal opinion was that Thomas was our worst O-lineman that seemed to give up on plays and lets the guy he was defending past him. Watching the Rider game it appeared many of the sacks against us consintantly came from the guy he was supposed to be blocking including a few in the Conf. final vs. BC. But thats just my personal opinion and obviously NFL scouts must see soemthing in him"

"He was by far our worst o-lineman last year. The matador will likley make the Jets as he is big and strong and more suited to the smaller field of the NFL. I think he had troubles with covering so much area up here."

"As a pass blocker, he definately needs to get better. But as a run blocker, he is terrific."

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish

"I think he’s a very athletic guy who had a very good first year with us but struggled in his second. His struggles may not have been all his fault, though, as we replaced his OG Heaven with Childress near the end of the year and his play seemed to improve quite a bit. I think Thomas’ problem out of college as far as the NFL was concerned was that he was a little small but I think he’s bulked up since then. It wouldn’t surprise me if he makes the Jets although I don’t expect him to be an impact player for them, more like a good backup."

"My personal opinion was that Thomas was our worst O-lineman that seemed to give up on plays and lets the guy he was defending past him. Watching the Rider game it appeared many of the sacks against us consintantly came from the guy he was supposed to be blocking including a few in the Conf. final vs. BC. But thats just my personal opinion and obviously NFL scouts must see soemthing in him"

"He was by far our worst o-lineman last year. The matador will likley make the Jets as he is big and strong and more suited to the smaller field of the NFL. I think he had troubles with covering so much area up here."

"As a pass blocker, he definately needs to get better. But as a run blocker, he is terrific."
    Time will tell I guess Beerfish but thanks for the info.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish

Great job.