Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to have uniform change in '05

All League

Thumbs up Jets to have uniform change in '05

Don't worry for all those who think they may have to buy a new jersey this season to keep up with the current style jersey, it's too much a major change.

Beginning the start of the 2005 season the Jets jerseys will now have the same color under arm gussets as the spandex side panels. It may not sound dramatic but if you see it rather than think it up it really looks much different. For those who don't quite understand the change just pull out your Jets home or away jersey and imagine that underarm gusset/pocket under the sleeves the same color as the spandex down the sides. For example on the green home jersey the top half of the sleeve will still be white, while the bottom half of the sleeve will be green straight down into the spandex. I think it looks excellent, my personal opinion.

Banned
    Do you have a pic??

All League
    I can imagine it from the Barton vid in your sig

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Link????

Thanks for the info

Undrafted Free Agent
    picture, link, anything??

All League
    how about a link?? you also said you think it looks excellent...any pitures you can post or direct us to?? anything at all would be nice...

All League
    No picture. No link. Wasn't announced publically yet. Might not be announced at all so be patient until preseason starts......

All Pro
    One great thing Parcells did was bring back the old uniform which gave the Jets their NY identity back. You don't change perfection, especially with those god awfull green pants.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman
    One great thing Parcells did was bring back the old uniform which gave the Jets their NY identity back. You don't change perfection, especially with those god awfull green pants.
    It was at Joe Namath's urging that Hess brought them back saying that the all green of the Klecko era was too hard to see and that it blended in with the turf putting the Jets at a disadvantage-that's how I rememeber it going down.

All League
    Great, i just got back from buying a new Vilma and Curtis jersey about 3 hours ago.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance99
    No picture. No link. Wasn't announced publically yet. Might not be announced at all so be patient until preseason starts......
    so are you big leaguing us, or just trying to make people who love our uniforms queasy...

All Pro
    Who's your source Joe Benigno
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 04-27-2005 at 04:45 PM.

All Pro
    I have a vivid imagination, I cant wait to see em!
    Last edited by TechJet; 06-23-2005 at 01:16 PM.

All Pro
    Dammit!

Just ordered my Nugent jersey too. Maybe it'll come on that but I doubt it, oh well, not that big of a change but I'll be sure to get some new jerseys as well if it turns out that it really happens.

All League
    I could not agree more with this. The Jets are one of the few teams in sports who haven't totally destroyed their uniforms. Why are they messing around???

All League
    Who's your source Joe Benengo
    no, it's truth fatman. i called herm...no luck with that, i got his answering machine. but hey, it still pretty early. so i gave woody a call & talked him out of it!!

Veteran
    Don't worry for all those who think they may have to buy a new jersey this season to keep up with the current style jersey, it's too much a major change.

Beginning the start of the 2005 season the Jets jerseys will now have the same color under arm gussets as the spandex side panels. It may not sound dramatic but if you see it rather than think it up it really looks much different. For those who don't quite understand the change just pull out your Jets home or away jersey and imagine that underarm gusset/pocket under the sleeves the same color as the spandex down the sides. For example on the green home jersey the top half of the sleeve will still be white, while the bottom half of the sleeve will be green straight down into the spandex. I think it looks excellent, my personal opinion.
    i don't doubt they are tweaking the uni. it's unfortunate and inevitable. and i know you are in the biz, so you're probably right. but this is either an alternate jersey for 05, or the jersey for 06. i believe you have to go to the NFL a year in advance to change the unis. no?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by y2k8
    i don't doubt they are tweaking the uni. it's unfortunate and inevitable. and i know you are in the biz, so you're probably right. but this is either an alternate jersey for 05, or the jersey for 06. i believe you have to go to the NFL a year in advance to change the unis. no?
    yes.

All League
    I changed my avatar to what I think the new unis are gonna look like. I put the green down the side with the two white stripes. I dont know how to put pics in my sig so it is kinda small also I'm not good at doctoring pics I just used paint so when its bigger it doesnt look so good. Just did it to offer some sort of image.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89
    I changed my avatar to what I think the new unis are gonna look like. I put the green down the side with the two white stripes. I dont know how to put pics in my sig so it is kinda small also I'm not good at doctoring pics I just used paint so when its bigger it doesnt look so good. Just did it to offer some sort of image.

looks preety good. im not crazy about it though. it will probobly look better when you see it in person.