Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: cap room! HELLO

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,107

    cap room! HELLO

    yeah we all would like to live in a dream world and sign ty law... but honestly, how are we supposed to sign j abe and ty law and still be under cap, now that would be a TB miracle!

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    transplanted new yorker in maryland
    Posts
    4,495
    Quote Originally Posted by 51 VILMA 51
    yeah we all would like to live in a dream world and sign ty law... but honestly, how are we supposed to sign j abe and ty law and still be under cap, now that would be a TB miracle!
    speak for yourself 51. the only way i would want us to sign law is on the cheap. 1 year incentive ladened contract. period. IMO, he's gonna sign with someone for fairly big bucks & re injure that jigsaw puzzle he calls a foot...

  3. #3
    donnie abe's upcoming retirement on june 1 plus wayne's upcoming retirement (concussions) will both free up cap space for us.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,706
    well provided we sign abe to a long term deal he would probably make more like 3mil this up coming year instead of the 6 or 7 mil he is getting right now. that alone will free up plenty of cap space

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,534
    Quote Originally Posted by 51 VILMA 51
    yeah we all would like to live in a dream world and sign ty law... but honestly, how are we supposed to sign j abe and ty law and still be under cap, now that would be a TB miracle!
    Actually, the only way we have the cap room to sign law is if we sign Abe long term. Abe's current cap hit is 6.7M. A long term deal would free up some of that room, which could then be used on Law.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,691
    Why don't you leave those decisions up to the Jets front office? Mike Tannenbaum happens to be one of the best cap gurus in the league.....

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    18,661
    Quote Originally Posted by 51 VILMA 51
    yeah we all would like to live in a dream world and sign ty law... but honestly, how are we supposed to sign j abe and ty law and still be under cap, now that would be a TB miracle!
    actually, Abe's tender amount is already counted against the cap, we dont have to make room for that, Ty will be a tight deal butwe can always restructure other guys like ellis who still has a big hit this year despite already restructuring

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet
    Why don't you leave those decisions up to the Jets front office? Mike Tannenbaum happens to be one of the best cap gurus in the league.....
    Wasn't Tannenbaum the one who agreed to the CuMar, Vinny and Chrebet contracts?

    Yep, one hell of a cap guru.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,539
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Wasn't Tannenbaum the one who agreed to the CuMar, Vinny and Chrebet contracts?

    Yep, one hell of a cap guru.
    Don't forget the China Doll contract, that one put him over the Top.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Lake Worth,Fl
    Posts
    6,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss
    donnie abe's upcoming retirement on june 1 plus wayne's upcoming retirement (concussions) will both free up cap space for us.
    don't count out Chrebet-you'll be making the same mistake many have made before..."only me and my family know what is best...and how I feel"is pretty much what he said 2 months ago-I think he got rejuvinated after Hackett got canned

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Wasn't Tannenbaum the one who agreed to the CuMar, Vinny and Chrebet contracts?

    Yep, one hell of a cap guru.
    He doesn't decide who they should sign or keep you a$$hole. He just makes it work.

    You Texans stink.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,600
    Patsfan I never get on you but you have LOST your mind if you don't realize that the Jets have one of the best cap specialist in the NFL. In fact BB and the TUNA and Tampa all wanted him!!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!!

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Lake Worth,Fl
    Posts
    6,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
    Patsfan I never get on you but you have LOST your mind if you don't realize that the Jets have one of the best cap specialist in the NFL. In fact BB and the TUNA and Tampa all wanted him!!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!!
    and my round headed freind THE one guy who I'm glad didn't let himself get spirited away by the great pumpkin err Tuna

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
    Patsfan I never get on you but you have LOST your mind if you don't realize that the Jets have one of the best cap specialist in the NFL. In fact BB and the TUNA and Tampa all wanted him!!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!!
    CB, were the Martin, Chrebet and Vinny contracts "cap-friendly" at the time they were signed?

    Did Tannenbaum give the Jets any kind of "out" with these 3 contracts?

    Not saying he is a bad cap specialist, just pointing out 3 contracts that have hampered the Jets in recent years.

    Conversely, wasn't Tannebaum the mastermid of that shrewd deal that sent Aaron Glenn and whats-his-name to the Texans? Now that was an example of a good move.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bucks County, Pa
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    CB, were the Martin, Chrebet and Vinny contracts "cap-friendly" at the time they were signed?

    Did Tannenbaum give the Jets any kind of "out" with these 3 contracts?

    Not saying he is a bad cap specialist, just pointing out 3 contracts that have hampered the Jets in recent years.

    Conversely, wasn't Tannebaum the mastermid of that shrewd deal that sent Aaron Glenn and whats-his-name to the Texans? Now that was an example of a good move.
    Parcells signed the above mentioned players, not caring about future cap ramifications, he wanted to win "now" and wasn't going to be around when the contracts were giving the team hell related to the cap.

    The other player was Marcus Coleman that went to the Texans.

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Guck the Fiants
    Parcells signed the above mentioned players, not caring about future cap ramifications, he wanted to win "now" and wasn't going to be around when the contracts were giving the team hell related to the cap.

    The other player was Marcus Coleman that went to the Texans.
    Thanks for the Coleman name.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bucks County, Pa
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Thanks for the Coleman name.
    Also OT Ryan Young. They all went to Houston in the expansion "unprotected" players list draft.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    He doesn't decide who they should sign or keep you a$$hole. He just makes it work.

    You Texans stink.

    Yup....the "genius" just needs another expansion draft....then Law is all yours

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,790
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX]CB, were the Martin, Chrebet and Vinny contracts "cap-friendly" at the time they were signed?

    Did Tannenbaum give the Jets any kind of "out" with these 3 contracts?

    Dude, know and realize what you're talking about first will ya?

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen

    Dude, know and realize what you're talking about first will ya?
    green,

    What's your point?

    Contracts can be structured a million different ways.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us