Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Ty Law visits detriot!!!!

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,107

    Ty Law visits detriot!!!!

    Ty Law visited Detriot on tuesday and sources said today, that he was healthy enough for them to make a decision and submitt an offer

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,074
    Quote Originally Posted by 51 VILMA 51
    Ty Law visited Detriot on tuesday and sources said today, that he was healthy enough for them to make a decision and submitt an offer
    WHat's the source?

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Apalachin
    Posts
    1,257
    OH MY GAWD! If detroit gets him they will be the ****.

  4. #4
    i dont think Law would want to go from the superbowl, to a team that cant even go 8-8 no matter what money is offered. it would be a bad way to end a carear.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Apalachin
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine
    i dont think Law would want to go from the superbowl, to a team that cant even go 8-8 no matter what money is offered. it would be a bad way to end a carear.
    In a career that has made him millions, and gotten him a few superbowl rings, nobody is gonna care how he ends it.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ego Trip
    OH MY GAWD! If detroit gets him they will be the ****.
    I never expected Ty Law to be a Jet, but this doesn't mean as much as you think. We are gonna contact him eventually as well as Pittsburgh. I don't expect Ty Law to be a Jet now that R.W McQuarters will be on the market. Ty Law isn't the type of player that Terry Bradway signs. He is too big of a name, and too on- radar. Bradway likes low key guys like McQuarters who aren't going to be anything special, but can give you a decent starter and fill a hole nicely. If Detroit signs him now then they are going to have to overpay for him simple as that.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,107
    yeah its on kffl.com but yeah the jets will have to make an offer

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by 51 VILMA 51
    yeah its on kffl.com but yeah the jets will have to make an offer
    This could also be a smokescreen. Those Poston Brothers are crafty agents they could just be using detroit to see if they could get another team to get nervous, and overpay for Ty. The reason I say this is because Detroit has already invested big money in the CB position with Dre Bly and Fernando Bryant as well as spending their 3rd draft choice on Stanley Wilson. I don't understand why they would waste cap space on another cornerback who is gonna be a pain in the *** if he isn't starting. I actually said this in the Andre Dyson situation with Seattle. I thought Trufant and Herndon were supposed to be their starting cb's, but they decided to go out and sign Andre Dyson. Also Detroit is known to stack certian positions with talent(Reciever)
    Last edited by JacktheRipper; 05-11-2005 at 07:52 PM.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568


    Uh Law is visiting a few teams...whats the excitement with him visiting the Lions??????

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,650
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    I never expected Ty Law to be a Jet, but this doesn't mean as much as you think. We are gonna contact him eventually as well as Pittsburgh. I don't expect Ty Law to be a Jet now that R.W McQuarters will be on the market. Ty Law isn't the type of player that Terry Bradway signs. He is too big of a name, and too on- radar. Bradway likes low key guys like McQuarters who aren't going to be anything special, but can give you a decent starter and fill a hole nicely. If Detroit signs him now then they are going to have to overpay for him simple as that.
    i can't tell if i agree with you or not. I guess i agree with you except for the bradway bashing you do. He does go for low-key guys, but they usually are better than "aren't going to be anything special." Barton leading the LB's in tackles, and Barrett shuting down burress twice. Sure there are also players like tounge that were a little disapointing, but everybody can't be spectacular.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,650
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    This could also be a smokescreen. Those Poston Brothers are crafty agents they could just be using detroit to see if they could get another team to get nervous, and overpay for Ty. The reason I say this is because Detroit has already invested big money in the CB position with Dre Bly and Fernando Bryant as well as spending their 3rd draft choice on Stanley Wilson. I don't understand why they would waste cap space on another cornerback who is gonna be a pain in the *** if he isn't starting. I actually said this in the Andre Dyson situation with Seattle. I thought Trufant and Herndon were supposed to be their starting cb's, but they decided to go out and sign Andre Dyson. Also Detroit is known to stack certian positions with talent(Reciever)
    I don't think teams would do that. It just doesn't sound right. This isn't ebay where you have a buddy bid on your item so you make more, this is a professional business, and teams don't make offers to players just so other teams will outbid them. At least I don't think that happens, but neither of us know, we're not involved.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    This could also be a smokescreen. Those Poston Brothers are crafty agents they could just be using detroit to see if they could get another team to get nervous, and overpay for Ty. The reason I say this is because Detroit has already invested big money in the CB position with Dre Bly and Fernando Bryant as well as spending their 3rd draft choice on Stanley Wilson. I don't understand why they would waste cap space on another cornerback who is gonna be a pain in the *** if he isn't starting. I actually said this in the Andre Dyson situation with Seattle. I thought Trufant and Herndon were supposed to be their starting cb's, but they decided to go out and sign Andre Dyson. Also Detroit is known to stack certian positions with talent(Reciever)
    Detroit is is hoping the NFL will eliminate offensive and defensive lines so they only have to line up WRs and CBs on the field.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound

    Detroit is is hoping the NFL will eliminate offensive and defensive lines so they only have to line up WRs and CBs on the field.
    LOL!!

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,292
    Teams can see through bogus claims by agents. The NFL is a huge network where it is pretty easy to verify how much money was offered on a deal.

    There are so many sources and contacts that fake claims by agents have been discredited.

    Detroit might have offered him a deal, and if so, everyone will know the terms involved. This is just the begining. What is the saying, you never acept the first offer?

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Whatever happened to that big offer the Postons said was sitting on the table for Law?

    Must have fallen off the table.

    Would love to see the offer the Lions made him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us