Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get used to new uniforms

All Pro

Get used to new uniforms

Had a meeting w/ Reebok (finance related) and we discussed the NFL lisencing agreement,. Similar w/ what they did in the NBA this year (several different unis), the plan is to do the same thing in the NFL. They will eventually include retro jerseys and every year there will be a new uni for at least a game or , maybe w/ an extra stripe or different accent

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

As long as the helmet stays the same and if it's a minor change I won't mind but i really do love the Jets current uniform.

Charter JI Member
    Can't say I'm happy about that, I guess I'm more of a traditionalist.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles
    Had a meeting w/ Reebok (finance related) and we discussed the NFL lisencing agreement,. Similar w/ what they did in the NBA this year (several different unis), the plan is to do the same thing in the NFL. They will eventually include retro jerseys and every year there will be a new uni for at least a game or , maybe w/ an extra stripe or different accent
    i have no problem with that. i love what the NBA does with their old school uniforms. just don't screw around with the jets classic AFL uniforms. let the rest of the league look like arena football if they must.

All League
    Great, here comes "BLACK" Jersey day at the stadium....

Hopefully, it won't be
    RED!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumerJet
    Great, here comes "BLACK" Jersey day at the stadium....

Hopefully, it won't be
    RED!
    the league is trying to sell jerseys, hats, etc...i'd much rather deal with a potentially stupid looking uniform once a year than every game.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak

As long as the helmet stays the same and if it's a minor change I won't mind but i really do love the Jets current uniform.

I like the Other Helmets from the 80's better! , But then again thats what I grew up with

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Thank you for the 411 Lester. It sounds like Reebook wants to use our players like Zoolander male models for there fall lineup & merchandising lines.

I don't have a problem with them showcasing an item or two on the sidelines, but football isn't basketball and our players are very superstitious when it comes to there uniforms. I'm glad they are not changing up the standard green & white, but I do love shopping Reebok outlets and look forward to picking up some new items to raffle off at 16H for the Pat Tillman Foundation, thanks again for the heads up.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS
    I like the Other Helmets from the 80's better! , But then again thats what I grew up with

Me too the JETS----> logo was cool

Veteran
    Let's hope it's only once a year at the most. I'll be very upset if they changed to something less traditional. Really I think that for classic teams in all sports, like the Jets, they should go back toward a more traditional look with perhaps a slight design revision.

Even the Mets have done that (road jerseys), although I still haven't warmed up to the black cap with the blue bill yet. On that note, I think the all black unis and caps they have are nice.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetgreen13
    the league is trying to sell jerseys, hats, etc...i'd much rather deal with a potentially stupid looking uniform once a year than every game.
    I agree ,but i`m quite sure if folks say i`m not spending a bunch of money for a jersey thats just used once a year and that doesn`t catch on they`ll go to changing it for the once every year plan.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Now if they want to come up with the official "ROAD WARRIOR" rroad jersey (and change it only every other year) so that those of us who travel to games will stand out a little more I`M all for this, in fact if their looking for a way to make a few extra bucks let them sell patchs($5-$10) for each individual game that I could attach to my official road warrior jersey.....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet
    I agree ,but i`m quite sure if folks say i`m not spending a bunch of money for a jersey thats just used once a year and that doesn`t catch on they`ll go to changing it for the once every year plan.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgreen13
    they would sell a lot more jerseys if they dropped the price some. Not a lot of people feel a replica football jersey is worth $65, at least the ones I talk to, and that is young adults that are always hurting for money like myself.

wickedtwisted
    NFL is just trying to make some money from jersey sales...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Leave the current jersey's and uniforms alone

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Leave the current jersey's and uniforms alone
    I SECOND THE MOTION........ AYE!

Big business has taken everything that is sacred in sports and just blew it up..........

All League
    Limo, I have to ask you. What is up with the 411 in every post. It is driving me nuts. Can you please use the word info. I don't know if it's just me but does that drive anyone else here nuts seeing that "411" in every post I read from Limo?? This is all out of love, of course.

Veteran
    I would like to see the 90's Uniforms with the Black Facemask for a Game or the 80's with the White Face Mask. That is the Uni's I grew up with.