Thread: Completely OT: Warfish and the Shad

JetsInsider.com Legend

Completely OT: Warfish and the Shad

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    They make great shark bait warfish, that's about it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Yo fish,

Did you borrow Mean Bro's faggy necklace for the day?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Hey Warfish.........you should visit Lambertville, N.J. Every year there's a Shad Festival............I'm talkin Shad everywhere!

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Does anyone here think that Warfish looks a lot like JonEJet?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Yo fish,

Did you borrow Mean Bro's faggy necklace for the day?
    no, but Id be happy to make a new one for ya.....skeeet, skeeet, skeeet mofo

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TASTE OF HEAVEN
    Hey Warfish.........you should visit Lambertville, N.J. Every year there's a Shad Festival............I'm talkin Shad everywhere!
    Many places in NJ look like someone Shad all over it.

Hall Of Fame
    Fish- Catch about 10 more of those and you could feed the family. How's the fishing these days down your way?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet
    Fish- Catch about 10 more of those and you could feed the family. How's the fishing these days down your way?
    I'm betting Warfish alone could down 10 of those.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet
    I havn;t done much freshwater yet this year....no time and too damn lazy. The Salt in O.C. was pretty good all considered (a Monsoon blew in our second day there, killing one full day of the three we were there).

Shad were running strong, and my brother and I netted ~40-45 fish total in ~1 hour on both Thursday and Saturday (you can't complain when you catch close to 100 fish in two hours combined, LOL!). The Shad averaged between 16 and 21 inches, give or take.

Sadly, Flounder fishing was WEAK. Fished about 7 hours from the inlet/bay pier on Saturday, and not a single Flounder was had, by anyone on the pier. I got 22 Skates, and my brother 5 Skates, but no Flounder.

Bluefish were running pretty hard it seemed, but the only one I hooked up with bit through my 20 pound catfish line right at the pier. Shame, since he flet like a 24 inch+ Fish, a good one for pier/inlet fishing. I gotta remember that wire leader bit. A few other anglers on the pier got Blues, including a few good ones.

I have relaized one thing.....I need to move closer to Ocean City! This one or twice a year thing sucks. I grew up on salt, and I'm realizing I really prefer it (especilly the Mid-Atlantic version of Flounder/Bluefish/Stripers/Seatrout/Toutog/Seabass) compared to anything else.
    Last edited by Warfish; 05-23-2005 at 03:58 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    I totally agree...........Saltwater fishing puts ANYTHING in freshwater to shame. Just no comparison. It's to the point where in April that I can get out on the freshwater I will do that. The minute saltwater fishing gets going I completely forget about ANYTHING freshwater altogether..........

The weather up here has SUCKED so bad that quitely literally we have been facing monsoons every weekend over the past month. I bought a brand new center console last month and I still haven't used it once.