Thread: Jerry Rice signs 1 year deal with Broncos

All League

Exclamation Jerry Rice signs 1 year deal with Broncos

All League
    I'm shocked some of the people here aren't crying that we didn't sign
    him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    ...and DBs around the league chuckle.

Broncos sign the Seahawks 5th receiver? Alert the media.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    ...and DBs around the league chuckle.

Broncos sign the Seahawks 5th receiver? Alert the media.
    fits their gameplan...sign the cleveland d-line, the hawks 5th receiver and a slow running back who hasnt played in two years...i'm just waiting for them to release plummer and trade their 1st round pick for ken dorsey...

All League
    i hope he does well. chances are he won't, but i hope he does.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL
    him.

I don't think Doc has made it to the board yet.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL
    him.
    I wouldn't of mind if we signed him as a WR coach.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

I'm glad for the man....he has a little game left and he feels he still can play....you can't knock that. There of course will be some eggheads that will cry that we did not get him (whats new?)

You can't deny that the man is hands down amazing and still have enough skills to warrant an NFL taking him on.

Banned
    im shocked at the disrespect (5th reciever) i see from people here. This is the greatest WR of all time. That "5th" reciever caught a ball one-handed for a TD in our own house last year. I hope he does well he deserves it.

All Pro
    Not that Rice was flooded w/ offers but Denver always seems like such an attractive place for vets in the NFL (see Lynch last year)...WHY??? After Elway retired they have been mediocre at best! yet they have this perception of being an NFL elite team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    im shocked at the disrespect (5th reciever) i see from people here. This is the greatest WR of all time. That "5th" reciever caught a ball one-handed for a TD in our own house last year. I hope he does well he deserves it.
    Look, no disrepect for the first 18 years of the man's career, he was hands down the best...but its OVER. For pete's sake...he could get CUT. This is just ego run amok. He's just tainting his career. Look for him soon on "The List" episode of "Athletes Who Hung On Too Long". He may beat out Willie Mays.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Look, no disrepect for the first 18 years of the man's career, he was hands down the best...but its OVER. For pete's sake...he could get CUT. This is just ego run amok. He's just tainting his career. Look for him soon on "The List" episode of "Athletes Who Hung On Too Long". He may beat out Willie Mays.
    I say Godd luck to any 42? 43? year old man that still wants to lace it up and go out there. Hes certainly not in it for the money. If given PT Im sure he can show hes still got something left, if not desire. And hes worth every penny to coach such guys as Lelie...

All Pro
    I agree that Rice should have hung 'em up by now. It's sad to see the greatest WR then NFL has ever seen pimping himself around the NFL for minimum wage in the hope of making someone's squad as a #4 WR.

I suspect Rice has his eye on pushing his career receiving TDs mark to the incredible figure of 200. At present, he is on 197. I just hope he gets his 3 TD catches with the horses this year - it would be horrible to see him come back begging next year again just because he is 1 or 2 TDs short of that milestone.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    I say Godd luck to any 42? 43? year old man that still wants to lace it up and go out there. Hes certainly not in it for the money. If given PT Im sure he can show hes still got something left, if not desire. And hes worth every penny to coach such guys as Lelie...
    I agree he is a bargain for Denver, no risk in signing him. But if you think his motivation is to coach guys like Lelie then you lose me there. He wants 200 TDs I'm guessing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops
    I agree that Rice should have hung 'em up by now. It's sad to see the greatest WR then NFL has ever seen pimping himself around the NFL for minimum wage in the hope of making someone's squad as a #4 WR.

I suspect Rice has his eye on pushing his career receiving TDs mark to the incredible figure of 200. At present, he is on 197. I just hope he gets his 3 TD catches with the horses this year - it would be horrible to see him come back begging next year again just because he is 1 or 2 TDs short of that milestone.
    Does anyone but him care about 200 TDs? Can't he quit now and be the best ever? What does 200 do for him? You are probably right, but geesh...