Thread: Are these NFL.com stats correct?

Are these NFL.com stats correct?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12404

Take a look at Ahman Green's stats...

Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Fumbles"

It says he has 32 career fumbles (which I assume to be true/accurate) but then says he has only lost one fumble in his entire career in his career totals at the bottom, yet no fumbles at all are recorded as being lost from 1998 to 2004. It also says he has only 2 career "own rec" (own recoveries). What am I missing? Am I misunderstanding these stats or are they plainly wrong?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12404

Take a look at Ahman Green's stats...

Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Fumbles"

It says he has 32 career fumbles (which I assume to be true/accurate) but then says he has only lost one fumble in his entire career in his career totals at the bottom, yet no fumbles at all are recorded as being lost from 1998 to 2004. It also says he has only 2 career "own rec" (own recoveries). What am I missing? Am I misunderstanding these stats or are they plainly wrong?
    i dont get that either?

Bitter
    Those stats are just wrong. I'm surprised he doesn't have more fumbles than that actually. He's a great back (I would rate him in the top 5 when healthy) but he fumbles so much that even NFL.com can't keep it straight.

Maybe he did fumble but GB kept possesion.

Bitter
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023
    Maybe he did fumble but GB kept possesion.
    Not that many times. I've watched Green enough to know that he's lost at least 2 fumbles, probably more like 10 times that many.