Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80

Thread: For All to Read..especially PatsFanTX

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,625

    For All to Read..especially PatsFanTX

    I usually don't start posts so this is my first one. I am not at all trying to start up something here but I just want a mere explanation of why people do this. I've recently and I'm sure this has happened to many of you commented on one reply that PatsfanTX made to a Jets fan. In a post the topic of team merchandise came up and someone said the jets had one of the best. Tx decided that he knew more then anyone and butted in and said:


    "Come on Limo, the Jets aren't even in the top 10 in NFL merchandise sales.

    For crying out loud, the friggn' Falcons have better sales than the Jets.

    "The top 10 teams whose stuff people wanted to buy in the last year were: Raiders, Patriots, Packers, Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, San Francisco 49ers and Miami Dolphins."


    I responded to this answer by writing

    if you would have a clue about anything in the present time most jerseys and merchandise is bought not because of the team but because of the color or logo or if they may have seen a famous person wearing it. people do buy merchandise because they like the team but for the most part its what looks good and what is popular at the time. not to mention if they have a favorite player that isn't on their favorite team


    I am still waiting for him to respond and I know that he saw it because i went into the post and saw his name on the bottom so he was obviously aware of it. I then wrote a new post questioning why he hasn't responded. I have herd some Jets fans complain why are patsie fans posting here go to your own site. But why do you guys think you have the right to comment on what some says but when someone proves you wrong and makes you look like an idiot you don't say anything and just drop the subject. If your going to comment on what someone writes then you should be able to admit that your wrong when talking about something that u have no clue about.
    Last edited by Jets_Fragger; 06-01-2005 at 04:51 PM.

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    JF-- with all due respect, I think you may be reading into his comments a little too far. He's trying to get a rise out of you. And maybe he didn't respond because your first reply was on the money and ended the argument.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger
    I usually don't start posts so this is my first one. I am not at all trying to start up something here but I just want a mere explanation of why people do this. I've recently and I'm sure this has happened to many of you commented on one reply that PatsfanTX made to a Jets fan. In a post the topic of team merchandise came up and someone said the jets had one of the best. Tx decided that he knew more then anyone and butted in and said:


    "Come on Limo, the Jets aren't even in the top 10 in NFL merchandise sales.

    For crying out loud, the friggn' Falcons have better sales than the Jets.

    "The top 10 teams whose stuff people wanted to buy in the last year were: Raiders, Patriots, Packers, Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, San Francisco 49ers and Miami Dolphins."


    I responded to this answer by writing

    if you would have a clue about anything in the present time most jerseys and merchandise is bought not because of the team but because of the color or logo or if they may have seen a famous person wearing it. people do buy merchandise because they like the team but for the most part its what looks good and what is popular at the time. not to mention if they have a favorite player that isn't on their favorite team


    I am still waiting for him to respond and I know that he saw it because i went into the post and saw his name on the bottom so he was obviously aware of it. I then wrote a new post questioning why he hasn't responded. I have herd some Jets fans complain why are patsie fans posting here go to your own site. But why do you guys think you have the right to comment on what some says but when someone proves you wrong and makes you look like an idiot you don't say anything and just drop the subject. If your going to comment on what someone writes then you should be able to admit that your wrong when talking about something that u have no clue about.
    Didn't Tex provide a link to go along with his Post?? Wayne at one time
    had the 2nd best sales nationally behind Farve..I agree that many buy
    based on who won the Bowl or Hyped players like Vick etc If something
    as silly as this bothers you Tex will have you in Therapy before Camp
    starts at the end of next Month!!

  4. #4
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,039

    Talking

    Hey Fragger I like your style calling out the biggest patsie flamer here who spends more time talking about the Jets than NE and lives on Jets message boards. The only explanation I can offer is that nobody REALLY pays attention to him and we could care less who he calls out and why.

    I hope that answers your question and !

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,625
    No savage he didn't and thanks Limo

  6. #6
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    0
    I ain't exactly what you call a veteran poster, but that was a big rookie mistake.

    Welcome to the board. Don't take things to seriously.
    Last edited by Throwitto80; 06-01-2005 at 05:04 PM.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwitto80
    I ain't exactly what you call a veteran poster, but that was a big rookie mistake.

    really i don't know why you would think that. Ive now learned not to care what TX says or how he thinks he knows everything about everything. In the end he has over 11,600 posts on a message board that isn't even about his own team therefore saying he has no life and lives on the comments that Jet Fans say about the Jets and everything else

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger
    really i don't know why you would think that. Ive now learned not to care what TX says or how he thinks he knows everything about everything. In the end he has over 11,600 posts on a message board that isn't even about his own team therefore saying he has no life and lives on the comments that Jet Fans say about the Jets and everything else
    The newbies still don't get it, do they?

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    The newbies still don't get it, do they?

    still cant comment on my first post can you

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger
    but when someone proves you wrong
    No offense Fragger, but I really don't think that your rebuttal actually "proves" anything. Countering an opinion (Tex's) with another opinion (yours) actually does nothing to either stregthen or weaken your argument.

    It's a very good point, but just doesn't do anything to "disprove" Tex's comments, regardless of asinine you may have thought they were.

  11. #11
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger
    still cant comment on my first post can you

    Let's see this cat fight go down!

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger
    still cant comment on my first post can you
    Ok newbs you're right, I do owe you a response.

    First off, my original post on the topic was a "tongue-in-cheek" response to LimoLady when she claimed some unbelievable sales of Jets merchandise.

    I provided the top 10 teams with merchandise sales to refute her misguided and inaccurate point.

    As to the "colors" of the team, I agree to a certain point.

    Let me ask you this with regard to that statement:

    There are 3 teams in the NFL that have green as their primary colors.

    Two out of those 3 teams are in the top 10 in sales. If your theory about colors was so accurate, why isn't the 3rd team that wears green in the top 10 as well?

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al NYC
    No offense Fragger, but I really don't think that your rebuttal actually "proves" anything. Countering an opinion (Tex's) with another opinion (yours) actually does nothing to either stregthen or weaken your argument.

    It's a very good point, but just doesn't do anything to "disprove" Tex's comments, regardless of asinine you may have thought they were.

    if he said an opinion you could be right but he did not in fact say an opinion at all. he clearly stated that such nd such teams had more sales then the jets meaning no one likes to buy their merchandise. he still thinks people buy merchandise for the team.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al NYC
    No offense Fragger, but I really don't think that your rebuttal actually "proves" anything. Countering an opinion (Tex's) with another opinion (yours) actually does nothing to either stregthen or weaken your argument.

    It's a very good point, but just doesn't do anything to "disprove" Tex's comments, regardless of asinine you may have thought they were.
    exactly. that point that there are so many people that buy jerseys of their favorite players not their favorite teams is completely irrelevant. a "jets fan" who buys jerseys of other teams in my opinion does not contribute to that which would make the our fan base when of the biggest and best in the nfl. in fact, it sort of detracts from that.

    sure, our fan base is decent sized, but i dont think one of the biggest. where i live in upstate new york, there are probably more patriot front runners here than there are jets fans. go figure that for a team with a supposed very large fan base. but, in terms of quality, jets fans kick every other fans asses, simple as that. and furthermore, how come when we go on the road, there arent that many jets fans at the games at all. sure, there is essentially the normal amount that there would be for a road team, but nothing like when the faiders, or steelers, or cowboys, or even the pats go on the road.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger
    if he said an opinion you could be right but he did not in fact say an opinion at all.
    You know what? You're right. Tex actually had real data to back up his post. You didn't.

    You're the one who is whining about the fact that Tex is making fun of the Jets because of their merchandising numbers. I mean, who really gives a ****! Seriously dude, just let it go. Find a new battle.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger
    if he said an opinion you could be right but he did not in fact say an opinion at all. he clearly stated that such nd such teams had more sales then the jets meaning no one likes to buy their merchandise. he still thinks people buy merchandise for the team.
    right, tex gave you a list. you gave an opinion. show me where theyve polled everybody who has ever bought a piece of nfl merchandise as to whether the stuff they bought actually belongs to their real favorite team, or if its just a favorite player of another team. show me that, and then ill be convinced that tex's facts might be less than 100% telling.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Ok newbs you're right, I do owe you a response.

    First off, my original post on the topic was a "tongue-in-cheek" response to LimoLady when she claimed some unbelievable sales of Jets merchandise.

    I provided the top 10 teams with merchandise sales to refute her misguided and inaccurate point.

    As to the "colors" of the team, I agree to a certain point.

    Let me ask you this with regard to that statement:

    There are 3 teams in the NFL that have green as their primary colors.

    Two out of those 3 teams are in the top 10 in sales. If your theory about colors was so accurate, why isn't the 3rd team that wears green in the top 10 as well?


    I can easily answer that. The teams must be Jets Packers and Eagles since those are the only ones with green i your top 10. Will you honestly try to compare the number of T.O jerseys sold this past yr to the number of Moss jerseys this yr. That would be insane to try to compare. Same thing with legenday Bret Farve. I also didn't say color was the only reason I also said players too. Another thing is I never said the Jets deserved to be in the top ten. I just said the teams in the top ten are there because of etc. not because if the team sucks or not

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    You know the season can't start soon enough when Fans are
    arguing about Jersey sales..What Team sells the most Beer coming
    up!!

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger

    Another thing is I never said the Jets deserved to be in the top ten.
    That's pretty funny, after all this, especially you starting a thread to call me out, we are saying the same thing.

    The difference is, I provided some facts to back-up my arguement and you went off on a tangent that was 100% opinion based (colors, player popularity, etc.) without any supporting factual information to support your arguement.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al NYC
    You know what? You're right. Tex actually had real data to back up his post. You didn't.
    You're the one who is whining about the fact that Tex is making fun of the Jets because of their merchandising numbers. I mean, who really gives a ****! Seriously dude, just let it go. Find a new battle.

    how do you know if he is right or not. I in fact know that he is wrong. I work in a sporting goods store and I get the list of the most bought merchandise so I kno what to buy and have in the store and his list is almost completly wrong. And no it is not just for my state or area is for all over

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us