All League

Height of Fringe WR on the Roster

H. Williams 6'2
    C. Gassner 6'4
    Eddie Jackson 6'4
    Jovan Witherspoon 6'4
    Ralph Brock 6'3
    Terrance Stubbs 5'11 my exception

At the bottem of the WR depth chart, Dinger seems to be bringing in guys with height. I am not sure if this hurts or helps Carter a speed guy that stretches the field. It is going to be interesting to see how this offense evolves. IMO Dinger is going for height matchups with his 4th and fifth receiver, putting them against some 5'9 corner. Cant wait

Veteran
    I think the guys with the most talent in that group are H.Williams and C.Gessner. T.Stubbs is a close 3rd.

All League
    I was rethinking this post. Refecting on the Coles deal, for Santana, Its not about height, its catching balls over the middle and down field blocking. With Chad's noodle arm, he is not throwing deep outs. Could it be , if you cant catch over the middle you cant play for Dinger ? No Alligator Arms

Veteran
    I think the Coles deal was aso done in light of the fact that Santana Moss was looking to get paid this year. He was probably going to look for #1 WR money and we all know he's no #1 reciever. Because of that, trading for Coles made sense because Coles is an established #1 reciever with an established repiore with Pennington. Coles is a tough WR, but the guy going across the middle will be J-Mac more than anyone else. Jericcho will be a great slot mismatch over the middle because of his size. most nickel CB's are on the smallish side.

If the line holds up, we could be in line for some REALLY good football next year.

All Pro
    The Coles deal was done because he is a better W/R than Santana. Plain and simple. Also, he had a wonderful rapport with Chad in 2002, and the Jets are hoping that they can re-establish that again.

That said, combine the above with the fact Santana wants and received from the Skins mucho $$$$, and this deal was a no-brainer.

The over the middle guy is J-Mac, not Coles.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Fanatic
    I think the guys with the most talent in that group are H.Williams and C.Gessner. T.Stubbs is a close 3rd.
    agree. In fact, isn't Gessner the guy who was having a solid season in NFLE??

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

Chad has a NOODLE arm?