NAME: Sean Michael Taylor
    ADDRESS:
    DOB: 04-01-1983

SUBJECT(S):
    NAME: Charles Elwood Caughman
    ADDRESS: Baltimore MD
    DOB: 05-04-1986

NARRATIVE:

Defendant Sean Taylor, accompanied by his Attorney Fred Moldovan, surrendered himself to Miami Dade Police at the Cutler Ridge District Station and was arrested and charged with Aggravated Assault with a Firearm and Simple Battery.

The charges stem from an incident that occurred on June 1, 2005 at 5:30PM.

Subject Taylor drove to the area of SW 103 Avenue and 176 Street in his Blue 2005 GMC Yukon Denali accompanied by Co-Defendant and other unidentified individuals in a second vehicle, where he confronted the victims, pointed a firearm and demanded his property be returned. The property in question were two all terrain vehicles (ATV's) that subject Taylor was alleging that the victims had stolen. No shots were fired during this incident.

2/2
    June 5, 2005

The two vehicles left the scene and returned approximately 10 minutes later at which time Defendant Taylor exited his vehicle and physically assaulted one victim with his fists and Co- Defendant Caughman exited the second vehicle and threatened and chased a second victim with a baseball bat. The second victim was not struck.

Defendant and Co-Defendant then fled the scene.

Co-Defendant Caughman was arrested and charged with Aggravated Assault on June 1st, 2005.

The Washington Redskins Organization cooperated fully with the Miami Dade Police Department throughout this investigation.

Defendant Taylor was booked into the Turner, Gilford, Knight Correctional facility where he is expected to post bail.

At this time no determination has been made as to any involvement of the victims in the theft of Defendant Sean Taylor's property.

I say he pleads out and gets probation- and plays this fall- probation may be the best thing for him.

All League
    Just a thought.... Why not call the police if you know who stole your ATV?
    Oh nevermind, this is thug life. Taylor, in his Denali, was showing them how things are handled in the hood.

All Pro
    I guess he couldn't stand the heat and decided to turn himself in since the actual date of the incident was a few days ago.

He probably feels that he can get off easy now since he turned himself in. Meanwhile, it cost the Dade County police time and money looking for him all this time.

Not so fast Sean.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1greenNUT
    Just a thought.... Why not call the police if you know who stole your ATV?
    Oh nevermind, this is thug life. Taylor, in his Denali, was showing them how things are handled in the hood.

LOL You beat me to it..

Practice Squad
    you can take the boy out of the ghetto,
    but you can't take the ghetto out of the boy

All League
    You'd think an NFL playa would know enough to just call in the cops and not take it into his own hands.

The incident happened Wednesday, the warrant was issued Thursday, and he had a lawyer Friday, who negotiated his surrender. Cripes its not the runaway bride.

Banned
    If these clowns really stole his vehicles, I can see Sean Taylor's motivation

In the old west it was not even a crime to gun down a horse thief ... and I can relate with a mans desire to inact his own justice as opposed to calling ther cops

Not saying its right or wrong, but I understand

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    If these clowns really stole his vehicles, I can see Sean Taylor's motivation

In the old west it was not even a crime to gun down a horse thief ... and I can relate with a mans desire to inact his own justice as opposed to calling ther cops

Not saying its right or wrong, but I understand
    Ham did you mean that in the Chris Rock sense when he said I'm
    not saying OJ should have killed his Wife but I understand?? And
    in the Old West they did alot of things that aren't done today!
    Girls got married at 12 and 13 want to bring that one back as well??
    So instead of calling the Cops you stand by the actions of a Rich NFL
    player taken the Law into his own Hands?? For Shame Ham for Shame!

All League
    I know what GH&J is saying- anyone would be p.o.'d about having their stuff stolen, and from what I hear, it was done TWICE by the same guys-

"The property in question were two all terrain vehicles (ATV's) that subject Taylor was alleging that the victims had stolen."

I'm not saying what he did was right, but you can be pretty sure that someone in the hood knew exactly who it was that ripped him off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by savage69
    Ham did you mean that in the Chris Rock sense when he said I'm
    not saying OJ should have killed his Wife but I understand?? And
    in the Old West they did alot of things that aren't done today!
    Girls got married at 12 and 13 want to bring that one back as well??
    So instead of calling the Cops you stand by the actions of a Rich NFL
    player taken the Law into his own Hands?? For Shame Ham for Shame!
    Here's the Question:

If some dude stole my car and I knew who did it, would my immediate impulse be to take it back by force?

YES, that would definitely be my first impulse ... and when I was Sean Taylor's age, I have to confess that was an impulse I would have followed

Again, I'm not saying its right or wrong ... each man has to make that decision for himself ... but I understand the motivation/impulse if these clowns really did steal his vehicles

As for the old west, not everything about it was awful ... I do believe in vigilante justice in some cases ... not all, but definitely some

And I'll bet you do as well ... and I'll bet I can prove it

If a man molested and killed your child or mother, and you got to him before the cops did, would you call the cops or kill the SOB?

I think a lot of people would kill the SOB ... or at least have that impulse ... and I don't think its wrong

Every man has some vigilante in him ... it's only a matter of where he draws the line

Did Sean Taylor break the law here? NO DOUBT

Did he violate my own personal sense of Justice by roughing up some clowns who stole his vehicles, assuming they did steal his vehicles? NO, HE DIDN'T

If I sat on the jury in this case and it was established beyond a reasonable doubt that these clowns DID steal his vehicles, and that Sean Taylor did in turn rough them up and try to get his vehicles back, would I vote to convict Sean Taylor of assault and battery?

Honest truth?

I'd cut him loose
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 06-05-2005 at 02:52 PM.

All League
    Ham, you're comparing stealing ATVs (not cars), to molesting, raping, and killing of children?

Come on. Come back to reality.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet

Ham, you're comparing stealing ATVs (not cars), to molesting, raping, and killing of children?

Come on. Come back to reality.
    You missed the point

The point is, there comes a time where most men believe in vigilante justice, its only a matter of where each man draws the line ... and not everyone draws it at the murder of a loved one ... some men draw it at stealing their property

Hall Of Fame
    FYI...TGK is also the same facility we housed the Canseco Brothers last year

All League
    You missed the point

The point is, there comes a time where most men believe in vigilante justice, its only a matter of where each man draws the line ... and not everyone draws it at the murder of a loved one ... some men draw it at stealing their property
    No I know the point.

But the point is there is a judicial system for a reason. Stealing someones property isn't a reason to go beat someone up, threaten them with violence, and draw a gun on them.

If everyone went around doing that, there would be in chaos.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet

No I know the point.

But the point is there is a judicial system for a reason. Stealing someones property isn't a reason to go beat someone up, threaten them with violence, and draw a gun on them.

If everyone went around doing that, there would be in chaos.
    First of all, everyone is not going to do that ... not everyone has the balls {its not without danger} or the inclination {for any number of reasons} to go and take his $hit back by force or get involved in such a messy affair ... so most people will alert the police and leave it at that

Secondly, my heart doesn't bleed for the man who stole Sean Taylor's vehicles {probably close to $80,000 worth of his merchandise} simply because he caught a bat on his dome ... maybe next time he should think twice about stealing another mans property

Bottom Line: If these guys really stole his vehicles, Sean Taylor may have violated the law, but he did not violate my own sense of justice ... simple as that ... and if he did violate your sense of justice, like I said, every man makes that decision for himself
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 06-05-2005 at 07:24 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Redskins | Police & Courts: Taylor Could Face Prison Time - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 6 Jun 2005 03:10:55 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, Jody Foldesy, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins S Sean Taylor could face a mandatory minimum sentence of at least three years in prison if convicted of a felony charge of aggravated assault with a firearm. Taylor has been charged with aggravated assault with a firearm, which is a third-degree felony, and simple assault, which is a first-degree misdemeanor.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    Redskins | Police & Courts: Taylor Could Face Prison Time - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 6 Jun 2005 03:10:55 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, Jody Foldesy, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins S Sean Taylor could face a mandatory minimum sentence of at least three years in prison if convicted of a felony charge of aggravated assault with a firearm. Taylor has been charged with aggravated assault with a firearm, which is a third-degree felony, and simple assault, which is a first-degree misdemeanor.
    you should know better Allen, if hes convictedby a jury he would be subject to 10/20/life which makes a mandatory court imposed sentence of 20 years, if he pleas out he could face any range of charges but if convicted its 20 with no judicial discretion......anyway here's his muggy

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    you should know better Allen, if hes convictedby a jury he would be subject to 10/20/life which makes a mandatory court imposed sentence of 20 years, if he pleas out he could face any range of charges but if convicted its 20 with no judicial discretion......anyway here's his muggy

Just posting the article for anyone who might be interested Chris, I didn't do it for a legal debate.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-06-2005 at 10:40 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green

MBG, I wanna see the State of Florida find a jury of 12 bleeding hearts who are all going to agree {simultaniously} to send Sean Taylor to prison {for any length of time} because he went after a few thugs who stole $100,000 worth of his property ... Good Luck

Heck man, half the jury will probably be tempted to give him a medal if it can be established that these clowns did indeed steal his vehicles ... you heard it here first
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 06-06-2005 at 09:48 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    MBG, I wanna see the State of Florida find a jury of 12 bleeding hearts who are all going to agree {simultaniously} to send Sean Taylor to prison {for any length of time} because he went after a few thugs who stole $100,000 worth of his property ... Good Luck

Heck man, half the jury will probably be tempted to give him a medal if it can be established that these clowns did indeed steal his vehicles ... you heard it here first
    your buggin' out, how bout 12 jurors that feel these young punk black entitled above the law thug hooligans deserve to go up the road like all teh other thugs they send upstate everyday, it would make it worse that he is an athlete......but the reality is and I guarantee this my friend

his lawyer and probably his prosecuter and probably his judge all went to the U or are huge U of M fans and they work out a sweetheart deal for him and he gets off with probation, trust me