Thread: Randy Mueller hired by the Phish.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Randy Mueller hired by the Phish.

Dolphins | Mueller to Join Staff - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 6 Jun 2005 07:34:58 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Miami Dolphins have hired Randy Mueller for the top spot in their personnel department. Mueller is currently working for ESPN.com and before that he was the general manager for the New Orleans Saints and the Seattle Seahawks. An official announcement on Mueller's hiring could come as early as Monday, June 6. Mueller will replace general manager Rick Spielman, who resigned his post Friday, June 3, but he is not expected to have the same title.

Banned
    Speilman to Meuller is an upgrade for the fins

Speilman was in incompetent boob ... Mueller as it least a legit personnel man

Too bad ... I was hoping Speilman would stick around for a while more

Banned
    BTW, in a twist of irony ... isn't Meuller the same man who dealt Ricky Williams to the fins because he wanted no part of that head-case?

I wonder how he feels about this whole "BRING RICKY BACK" movement?

Veteran
    I always thought Mueller was a pretty smart guy listening to him on ESPN. He seems to be a calm individual who will have a pretty good road map for the Dolphins long term and not someone who will have the "win now" mentality.

Phin fans should be elated by the news. As far Ricky Williams is concerned, Mueller never liked the idea of Miami taking Ricky back. If indeed the Dolphins already plan on bringing in Ricky, Mueller may suggest they trade him away. We'll see!

Hall Of Fame
    Adding further intrigue to the hire is that Mueller's former partner in New Orleans, coach Jim Haslett, recently took a swipe at Mueller's new boss, Miami head coach Nick Saban for signing safety Tebucky Jones, for whom the Saints traded a couple of years ago, after Mueller was gone.

Haslett chided Jones for a lack of ball skills and an inability to play in space -- defects which should have been obvious to the Saints before sending three picks to the Pats.

Apparently, Mueller doesn't have many fans in New Orleans...

He's not only getting Ricky back, he's also getting Tebucky back, the same bust he spent 3 draft picks for.

LOL!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I still see Saban as the one calling the shots (on personnel)--- Huizenga went though a lot to land him and I'd think he'll get whatever he wants during this "Honeymoon period". I'd like nothing more than for the Fins to start off 1-4 to quiet all the Miami fans predicting a 16-0 season (yes there's plenty that do).

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

anyone is an upgrade over Spielman since he should not have even had that job.....but with that said...what the heck did mueller do for the Saints?????

He's an upgrade but not that much more.

Hall Of Fame

Buzz i live in Florida and I'll admit the MAJORITY of Fish fans here are realistic.......I would say 90% of fish fans here (and they are die hard) would be happy to win 8 games in 2005.

Hall Of Fame

I feel the Fish will have a bright future but it won't be a good 2005 season.

All Pro
    I'm sure a lot of Squish fans liked the idea of Spielman resigning because a good majority of them didn't like the way he conducted football operations and also selecting players from the draft (i.e. Vernon Carey).

I knew he was going to end up leaving too.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak

.....but with that said...what the heck did mueller do for the Saints?????
    He had a terrible working relationship with Tom Benson.

Benson even called him out publically for not keeping him informed on some minor personnel moves he made.

Mueller has a pretty good reputation on player evaluations, but I still see Saban ultimately calling all the shots in Miami.