Thread: FYI: Vilma on ESPN radio coming up

Rookie

FYI: Vilma on ESPN radio coming up

To be interviewed by the nausiating Linda Cohn.

You can listen online thru the espn radio 1050 website.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm at work and can't listen, so please provide a recap..........

Veteran
    tuned in thanks for the heads up

Rookie
    Heres the happy recap...

First talked about the differences going into his 2nd season as opposed to a rookie. Said he only had to worry about football now, nothing else.

Talked about Nugent. Was surprised by the pick, but came around to like it. Says he's a quiet guy. At work everyday at 7am. Hasnt missed since first day.

Chad. Looks good. Not throwing during practice, but running around with the team. Seems excited.

Curtis. Expects Curtis to be Curtis once again. Says Blaylock has looked good in mini-camp.

Dinger. "If nothing else, I expect the offense to come with a new attitude like our Defense last year. New style, new pizzaz"

U of Miami. Basically just defended Sean Taylor and KW2 for being young and immature, and said they will be pro-bowlers for years to come.

On Giants fans- (Cohn is a Gints fan)- Said they always wished him luck.

Finally, "Does it matter you guys don't have your own stadium?"

"Yes, it matters."

And that was it, nothing too groundbreaking. Take anything you can get nowadays, even if it involves listening to Linda Cohn.

All Pro
    You must be a METS fan (happy recap). Anyway, did Jonathan mention how he bulked up during the off-season because he went from a X-large to a XX?

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks Soppel.......Appreciate that.......

Quote Originally Posted by soppel
    Heres the happy recap...

First talked about the differences going into his 2nd season as opposed to a rookie. Said he only had to worry about football now, nothing else.

Talked about Nugent. Was surprised by the pick, but came around to like it. Says he's a quiet guy. At work everyday at 7am. Hasnt missed since first day.

Chad. Looks good. Not throwing during practice, but running around with the team. Seems excited.

Curtis. Expects Curtis to be Curtis once again. Says Blaylock has looked good in mini-camp.

Dinger. "If nothing else, I expect the offense to come with a new attitude like our Defense last year. New style, new pizzaz"

U of Miami. Basically just defended Sean Taylor and KW2 for being young and immature, and said they will be pro-bowlers for years to come.

On Giants fans- (Cohn is a Gints fan)- Said they always wished him luck.

Finally, "Does it matter you guys don't have your own stadium?"

"Yes, it matters."

And that was it, nothing too groundbreaking. Take anything you can get nowadays, even if it involves listening to Linda Cohn.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSFJFC
    You must be a METS fan (happy recap). Anyway, did Jonathan mention how he bulked up during the off-season because he went from a X-large to a XX?

How do you know that he did?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87
    He said that when he was on the NFL Network.

Banned
    Soppel, thank you for posting that recap ... much appreciated my friend

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87

JF is right ... Vilma mentioned it on the NFL Network

Rich Eisen offered to send him an NFL Network tee-shirt ... asked Vilma if he should send an extra large?

Vilma said ... "better make it a XX, I've Gotten bigger over the off-season"

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Soppel, thank you for posting that recap ... much appreciated my friend
    Ditto Soppel, thanks. I'll tell you what, it sure seems like Vilma does alot of ESPN radio interviews. Seems like everytime I turn around he's doing a radio interview. Maybe it's just me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan

Ditto Soppel, thanks. I'll tell you what, it sure seems like Vilma does alot of ESPN radio interviews. Seems like everytime I turn around he's doing a radio interview. Maybe it's just me.
    You're right Arod, he does do his fair share of interviews

I like that about this kid ... he's very accessible ... good kid with a pleasant personality {off the field}, but a monster on the field

All Pro
    JF is right ... Vilma mentioned it on the NFL Network

Rich Eisen offered to send him an NFL Network tee-shirt ... asked Vilma if he should send an extra large?

Vilma said ... "better make it a XX, I've Gotten bigger over the off-season"
    I unfortunately saw that clip on NFL Total Access and I say that because in February I gave Vilma a X-Large Club Shirt Tank so that he could use while working out. I guess I'm going to have to give him a XX now.

Rookie
    You're right Arod, he does do his fair share of interviews

I like that about this kid ... he's very accessible ... good kid with a pleasant personality {off the field}, but a monster on the field
    No problem fellas. Happy to do it.

Beyond being a good guy, I think it shows how Vilma is being looked on as the "face" of our defense for this new Jets generation, like Chad is on O. On and off the field. I am really excited about seeing he and Ellis become vocal leaders in the locker room, now that Fergy has joined Mo & Marv in Ex-Jets-ville.

(Glad you caught my Met ref, Mr.SF)