Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nets are much better

Nets are much better

The NY Knicks get all of the press, but the Nets are a much better team with atleast 3 superstars on the roster, a young brilliant head coach and a very smart and stable front office.

The team is so much more entertaining than the Knicks, it amazes me that they don't draw huge crowds and more media attention. They are no longer the younger step-child of the Knicks. They have grown into a man-child that is set to once again make a run at the Eastern Conference Title.

Jets, Mets, Nets baby!!! All three have exciting young teams with huge upside in the next 2-3 years.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

They get Rahim they're winning it all.

Rahim and Marshall are both going to be there. It should be damb close to an all-star line up with Vince, Kidd and Jefferson as the core.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe
    The team is so much more entertaining than the Knicks, it amazes me that they don't draw huge crowds and more media attention. They are no longer the younger step-child of the Knicks.
    i dont think thats saying much though is it?

Veteran
    I definitely agree with you and the knicks sure are a joke of a franchise (going after antoine walker? good play.) A lot of the problem is that the meadowlands is built in a terrible location. A fan can go and take the train from basically anywhere to Penn and go to a knick game. Business clients can just meet up for dinner and attend the game. For basically everybody the meadowlands is a boring, arduous drive through traffic to get to the arena. Also even though it would be incredible if we did, the odds of us getting Reef and Marshall are basically nonexistant. Both would have to play for about 5mil, both would have to play for the nets, and one of the two deals would have to be a sign and trade with the exemption. Holy crap though, if we did get both we are legitimately the best team in the east. As is, if we get Reef we can compete, but there are still serious issues with the interior defense and getting enough shots to satisying 3 legitimate t5 scorers at there positions.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe
    The NY Knicks get all of the press, but the Nets are a much better team with atleast 3 superstars on the roster, a young brilliant head coach and a very smart and stable front office.

The team is so much more entertaining than the Knicks, it amazes me that they don't draw huge crowds and more media attention. They are no longer the younger step-child of the Knicks. They have grown into a man-child that is set to once again make a run at the Eastern Conference Title.

Jets, Mets, Nets baby!!! All three have exciting young teams with huge upside in the next 2-3 years.
    As much as i hate Dolan, he's a genius. There is a reasdon why the Nets aren't generating more interest and he's a big part of it. When the Nets first got Kidd and went to the finals in the 1st year, everyone was very excited about the team. Then what happens next year? The Dolans block the Yes network off of cablevision. Sure it had alot to do with the Yankees but i think there may have also been some motive to keep the Nets off of the air. You can't get excited about a team you can't see. I'm sure this was a big factor in people forgetting of the Nets a little the following year.
    The Nets are my team and i couldn't even watch them because they were not available on tv. The year the Nets weren't on cablevision they also went to the finals. The Nets need a good solid run for about 10 years so kids can grow up with a team to cheer for. Before this run there was little reason to cheer for the Nets except that thier shirt said NJ if you live here. If they stay competitive people will grow up Nets fans. For the last 20 years or so, people grew up knicks fans in NJ because teh Nets were hopeless. Those days are gone for now.

All Pro
    With all the young and talented players they have plus a move back to the big city this franchise will be on the rise for years to come.

Go Nets
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 07-01-2005 at 07:40 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar
    I definitely agree with you and the knicks sure are a joke of a franchise (going after antoine walker? good play.) A lot of the problem is that the meadowlands is built in a terrible location. A fan can go and take the train from basically anywhere to Penn and go to a knick game. Business clients can just meet up for dinner and attend the game. For basically everybody the meadowlands is a boring, arduous drive through traffic to get to the arena. Also even though it would be incredible if we did, the odds of us getting Reef and Marshall are basically nonexistant. Both would have to play for about 5mil, both would have to play for the nets, and one of the two deals would have to be a sign and trade with the exemption. Holy crap though, if we did get both we are legitimately the best team in the east. As is, if we get Reef we can compete, but there are still serious issues with the interior defense and getting enough shots to satisying 3 legitimate t5 scorers at there positions.
    The Knicks suck. Even their cheerleaders can drop 100 points on that pathetic "team". This "team" couldn't even make the playoffs. 2003-2004 Knick season was a fluke. It wasn't much of a fluke because they got romped and raped by the Nets in 4 games.

Why are the last post replies blank?

Never mind it fixed itself.

Can someone tell me why this thread was moved off the forum it was posted on? It/s not like threr is a lot of volume or hot topics going on and I value the opinions of my fellow Jet fans about the subject. I don't understand the move.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

A newbie got ahold of the controls, I'll fix that.

YO. All Mets, Nets and Devils threads stay.

Hey 51, we're used to Shaq getting the calls. What I don't understand is why he didn't publicly apologize to Ben Wallace. Now he's trying to get another coach fired.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 07-01-2005 at 11:59 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet

They get Rahim they're winning it all.
    Nets sign Rahim and that Glass in your avatar will be overflowing
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 07-02-2005 at 12:59 AM.

Practice Squad
    After being discouraged by your post I decided to check out how the Heat have historically performed in the NBA finals. I tried to Google Heat and NBA finals, yet I didn't get any hits. Could you fill me in on their performance in the finals?

Thanks!

Banned
    Can the Nets stop these guys?

The Nets can't beat them.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVilma51
    Can the Nets stop these guys?

The Nets can't beat them.
    So what does that make the Knicks?

Veteran
    actually for some reason that I cant make sense of, the Nets couldnt beat Keyon Dooling and Damon Jones. Krstic outperformed Shaq in a sense (well, in the sense that Krstic averaged well above his season average and Shaq well below, not in the actual, 'outplayed' sense.), and Carter/Jefferson are both in the same class as Wade when healthy. Shaq is too good to measure in stats, but it was the unconscious 50% 3pt shooting that did them in.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar
    actually for some reason that I cant make sense of, the Nets couldnt beat Keyon Dooling and Damon Jones. Krstic outperformed Shaq in a sense (well, in the sense that Krstic averaged well above his season average and Shaq well below, not in the actual, 'outplayed' sense.), and Carter/Jefferson are both in the same class as Wade when healthy. Shaq is too good to measure in stats, but it was the unconscious 50% 3pt shooting that did them in.
    incorrect.

Veteran
    they shot
    9-18
    10-22
    9-15
    5-13
    in the 4 games from 3. This kept defenders close on perimeter players, left wade open to drive, and made it harder to double on shaq. They also incidentally accounted for 99pts on 68 shots, what part of that is incorrect?