Thread: rothles(cheesy)burger = crap

Banned

rothles(cheesy)burger = crap

ewww everybody is talking about what a great QB he is going to be... he is going to be exposed for the crap 2nd rate qb he is just like he was in his 2 games against the jets and playoff game against the pats. and he lost 2 of his o-lineman jerome bettis is not going to pick up rothlesburger out of his 2 and 10's much anymore and he lost plaxico burres, in combination w/ his crappyness i say he has a season qb rating of 70.2 at best just like SNL pretty boy tom brady

Veteran
    I can hear the patsie sirens now......run.....now!

Banned
    oh crap here comes another patsie one liner

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipShot
    ewww everybody is talking about what a great QB he is going to be... he is going to be exposed for the crap 2nd rate qb he is just like he was in his 2 games against the jets and playoff game against the pats. and he lost 2 of his o-lineman jerome bettis is not going to pick up rothlesburger out of his 2 and 10's much anymore and he lost plaxico burres, in combination w/ his crappyness i say he has a season qb rating of 70.2 at best just like SNL pretty boy tom brady
    Sorry to say this as a Jets fan, but Brady is not going to have that bad of a year.

Roethlisberger just might, on the other hand. He is the perfect candidate for sophomore slumping and, in addition, I think the remark made about Bettis was spot-on. Bettis ran for his life last season and definitely deserved tons of praise for it. Plax wasn't as good as his hype, but hype floats attention and coverage schemes your way and away from Hines Ward. I think the Steelers are going to be good, but I think last year was the peak.

All League
    I dont understand the hoopla about Roth... The Steelers protected him all season with their great D and 2-headed running attack.

When he was actually forced to make plays, as he had to do against the Jets and Pats, he had a HARD time doing anything.

All Pro
    I think he has the tools to be very solid. His notoriety was helped more by the fact that the Steel Curtin went on a hugh winning streak while he was at the helm.
    I say that Manning and Rivers will be the best QBs from last year's draft, by miles over Big Ben.

All Pro
    While I agree he won't have the season he had last year, Rothlessburger is still head and shoulders above the Jets joke of a QB. Hell if the Jets had him instead of China doll then I would be concerned, as it is 7-9 or 8-8 is what the jets will be doing this season, and you can expect to see the alarms go off early as the drop at least their first two games.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ego Trip
    I can hear the patsie sirens now......run.....now!
    *runs as fast as he can*

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    While I agree he won't have the season he had last year, Rothlessburger is still head and shoulders above the Jets joke of a QB. Hell if the Jets had him instead of China doll then I would be concerned, as it is 7-9 or 8-8 is what the jets will be doing this season, and you can expect to see the alarms go off early as the drop at least their first two games.
    Let's see, he was lucky to beat Chad's team in the playoffs, won't do as well this year, but is still far better than #10. I suggest you use the Preview Post button before you Submit Reply.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Let's see, he was lucky to beat Chad's team in the playoffs, won't do as well this year, but is still far better than #10. I suggest you use the Preview Post button before you Submit Reply.
    Whats to review??? It's the same old story, Jet fans want to belive Chad is something special simply because thats what they want to belive. Do you honestly belive Chad is a better QB than Rothlessburger??? On physical talent alone he makes Chad look less than.

All League
    The Patriots are great at creating schemes to frustrate opposing QB's...
    Look no further than Manning or our very own Pennington...
    and Henderson's Jets defense is no walk in the park either...
    I don't know any rookie QB (except maybe a Dan Marino), who wouldn't have struggled if
    put in the same situations. I think he'll be just fine next year...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

During The Steelers magnificent run during The 2004 season.

I started a thread called "The Ben Roethlisberger Hype" or something along that line. Got ripped by the fans, A few weeks later, Big Ben is coming up small in the playoffs.

I felt that the media and fans around the league were overhyping Ben's performance. He was only throwing 15 to 20 passes a game. The Steelers o-line, Running game and WR's were carrying him all year long. Ben did a great job in his role but he wasn't asked to do much.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ben's skill level. He throws a great deep ball. He's big and strong. He's pretty mobile and throws really well on the run. But like most young QB's. He has flaws. Flaws that can be corrected with time and experience.

I feel like he's going to be a good NFL QB but too many people were putting him on a Dan Marino level when he was really playing a Jeff Hostetler role, Hand off, hand off, hand off, hand off, hand off, throw it once.

Banned
    oh please dont give me that crap you hate the "JETS" not pennington so even if we had roth brady manning or vick you'd nock them no matter what

Veteran
    He isnt going to catch anyone off guard like he did last year, not to mention the fact that his numbers were not that great last year.

All League
    I think it is a little early to say that he is crap. The guy came out and put up the best numbers EVER in the history of the NFL for a rookie which is impressive no matter how you slice it.

I doubt, however, he will be a one hit wonder. I really think that his size and game experience are going to keep him in as a force to be dealt with for years to come.

BZ

All Pro
    oh please dont give me that crap you hate the "JETS" not pennington so even if we had roth brady manning or vick you'd nock them no matter what
    Your right I hate the JEts but that dosen't mean the Jets don't have some great players, which they do. I hate the Colts as well but I sure wouldn't say that Manning isn't a great QB because he clearly is. Now as for Pennington, even if he were a Patriot, (I just threw up in my mouth) in my mind he would still be second rate garbage.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

On physical talent alone
    It takes more than a physical specimen to make a good QB. I hardly believe the title of this thread, but let's see a couple seasons from him before we start the Chad comparisons.

who cares about rothlisberger. he had a good season

and that was that. i don't see where any qb is going to win any game by himself so it's a moot point. after all, the redskins won with williams, theisman and rypien. none of those guys are in the hall of fame. and the steelers played very good team defense but even they showed they could be beat and the jets had them beat in that last game. that game also showed that roth just wasn't as good as people since he almost gave the game away with his interception at the end of the game.