Thread: Patriots Report for Training Camp Today

Undrafted Free Agent

Patriots Report for Training Camp Today

I heard on the radio today that the Pats reported for the first day of training camp. My first reaction was that they didn't need the extra practice, my second reaction was why are the Jets reporting 9 days later? We should be getting 9 extra days of practice over the Pats.

Veteran
    its Rookie only training camp for the pats
    Regular training camp starts about the same time as jets

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY
    its Rookie only training camp for the pats
    Regular training camp starts about the same time as jets
    I guess their rookies will be better prepared than ours.

Veteran
    I think its a good idea. When Training camp actually rolls around the rookies will have a feel for the system and what to expect.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Herm's system is better (believe it or not). Our rookies stay behind after OTA's and get full orientation, in fact Kevin Mawae had mentioned in his journal that everyone (veterans) stayed around campus after OTA's even though they could have left for va-ca in order to help out the rooks and get in some more practices. Then the whole team gets the weeks off until next Thursday when everyone reports back to camp.

I think that's a much better mind set than splitting up your ranks, don't you?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by metjet
    I guess their rookies will be better prepared than ours.
    They always are every year.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    Herm's system is better (believe it or not). Our rookies stay behind after OTA's and get full orientation, in fact Kevin Mawae had mentioned in his journal that everyone (veterans) stayed around campus after OTA's even though they could have left for va-ca in order to help out the rooks and get in some more practices. Then the whole team gets the weeks off until next Thursday when everyone reports back to camp.

You maybe right but for appearance sake it seems as if the Pats are working harder. I heard on ESPN radio that the Pats started training camp and they didn't go into any further details.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Herm's system is better (believe it or not).
    Limo, that's friggn' hilarious even coming from you.

Exactly how many rookies has Hermy started consistently over the last four years?

Vilma???????

Super*****/Prom Queen
    You maybe right but for appearance sake it seems as if the Pats are working harder. I heard on ESPN radio that the Pats started training camp and they didn't go into any further details.
    Yes, it could appear that way, but why work out the rookies a week earlier without the starters around? How does that help there draft picks and PS?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

Exactly how many rookies has Hermy started consistently over the last four years?

Vilma???????
    What about Coleman, even you would have to admit that he was a pretty good rookie.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Are you still here? I thought you would be out & about the trailer parks collecting cans for the nickel deposit in order to afford access to the new premium board.

And that is an even more hilarious statement coming from you. The team that plays together stays together TX, so what does how many rookies started have anything to do with the whole team practicing together versus splitting up the players?

Exactly how many rookies has Hermy started consistently over the last four years? Vilma???????

All League
    Yes, it could appear that way, but why work out the rookies a week earlier without the starters around? How does that help there draft picks and PS?
    It prepares them to face the vets in camp, in full pads, at full speed. If they waited until the vets arrived, they'd get killed for the 1st two weeks. That could affect their confidence at the least. In addition, the rooks have time to bond as a class.

That said, a bunch of their draftees are not signed and cannot attend camp until they do so. I can see BB using this to get some of the guys antsy, as Watson did after holding out a few days of camp. He ended up firing his agent and signing the six year deal to get to camp asap.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    What about Coleman, even you would have to admit that he was a pretty good rookie.
    Agreed.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Are you still here? I thought you would be out & about the trailer parks collecting cans for the nickel deposit in order to afford access to the new premium board.

And that is an even more hilarious statement coming from you. The team that plays together stays together TX, so what does how many rookies started have anything to do with the whole team practicing together versus splitting up the players?
    And I'm sure all the rookies walking right into camp know the playbook inside and out.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Exactly TX. It's one thing to sit in a classroom, go over a playbook on paper and watch last season's game tapes, it's another to get out there with the guys who actually executed these plays all season long and know the routes.

So again, what good is it to seperate the rooks from the vets when the vets can only help their rookies out by practicing with them in "game situations" rather than rooks practicing against rooks and neither of them have a clue?

And I'm sure all the rookies walking right into camp know the playbook inside and out.

JetsInsider.com Legend

So again, what good is it to seperate the rooks from the vets when the vets can only help their rookies out by practicing with them in "game situations" rather than rooks practicing against rooks and neither of them have a clue?
    Limo, stick to writing, I don't think there will be too many offers coming your way as a coach.

Herm's system is better (believe it or not).
    Yeah, the results sure are apparent...

And for you to try and tell us the Jets are or will be more 'together' than the Pats because of it means you clearly haven't been paying much attention to how the Patriots have won the last few years....

You can't honestly believe this nonsense you're spouting...
    Last edited by Patriot Power; 07-20-2005 at 06:03 PM.

Patsfantx. I don't see how you're in any position to tell anyone else not to give their opinion on coaching techniques seeing as you make your own opinion abundently clear. In fact its assinine replies like that which make you look like an arrogant jerk and earn you the reputation that you have. Personally I don't really mind you as a poster and you def do make valid posts quite frequently. If you would only tone down the posts like these you would likely have a much better rep around here. Although its highly unlikely that you care.

Veteran

The Patriots have only signed like three of their rookies. Do you honestly believe there are only three players there surrounded by a bunch of camp fodder (URFA)???

While attendance may not be mandatory for the vets just yet, you can be sure there are plenty of veterans around.

Splitting up our ranks??? When are you going to realize you're allowed to come outside that little box of yours???

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

who gives a crap about the Chowds rookie camp?

are u guys gonna also create a post when the Dolphins and Bills open camp????

get off the chowds jocks.