Thread: OT: cell phone ringers

Practice Squad

Cool OT: cell phone ringers

due to some problems with me getting access to the site and being able to post any threads i am sorry if this is repeated from a past thread but i could use some help if need be.

can someone hook me up with a link that will allow me to get nfl ringtones for my cell phones, preferably the jets chant. i know this was posted awhile back but its been a long time

thanks for the help.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I have the chant on my phone. You need a MP3 compatible phone for it to work.

Rookie
    I'm working on that process now, without having to have an .mp3 compatible phone. I'll let you know what's up when I have it figured out, hopefully after lunch..

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by vilmas vengance
    due to some problems with me getting access to the site and being able to post any threads i am sorry if this is repeated from a past thread but i could use some help if need be.

can someone hook me up with a link that will allow me to get nfl ringtones for my cell phones, preferably the jets chant. i know this was posted awhile back but its been a long time

thanks for the help.
    if your phone is able to record "Voice Memos" then you can just download the chant, turn your computer speakers up really loud, record the chant and set it as your ringer. Not the best quality but it works...thats what I do

All Pro
    I have the treo... do you know if you can get sounds for that... I think they can only do voice print and midis.

I was looking for The Natural in midi... anjd the Generation Jets song. Just because it would be really, really funny to have

Rookie
    Cool, I just got it and it worked great. A little process though, but well worth it. I have a Motorola V505 for Cingular (formerly ATT) but this method is supposed to work on all cell phones.

1. Download the Jets chant wav file from the jets site on your computer.
    2. Download this free .wav to .mp3 software and install on your puter from this site: http://www.americanshareware.com/
    3. Open software and select later (so you don't pay) and drag the jets .wav file in there to convert it to an .mp3
    4. Go to this site and it will prompt you to do the rest:
    http://mobile17.smashsworld.com Select "Creat a Ringtone and follow directions.

Whole process, for software part, should take 5 minutes. About a 1/2 hour after that, your phone will get a text message. From there, select the "Go To" on your phone and download the file.

Awesome! Sounds great.

Rookie
    BTW, this website works for all mp3's, and is free, but the Jets file happened to be a wav so there was one extra conversion step.

All Pro
    I'd be a little nervous about entering my cell phone # in that site. It doesn't look like the most ligit place around. Maybe we can get sooth to host the file once you get it on your phone. Might even be able to get the code to send it to your cell # from JI. Now that would be a nice premium feature!!!

Rookie
    yeah, i hear you trades. but i'm not too concerned about misuse of my cell phone number. especially for a service that's free and easy, one that most get charged for. the guy has a written privacy policy, though that can be taken with a grain of salt.

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades
    Now that would be a nice premium feature!!!
    you are absolutely correct on that Trades my man...what do you say Sooth, Jets chant ringtones for all members!!!