Thread: Someone tell Vilma to wear a damn seatbelt!

All League

Someone tell Vilma to wear a damn seatbelt!

I'm watching this NFL channel inside look at the Jets TC, and they just showed Vilma on his trip to Hofstra....they look like they are on Northern State, Vima's talking on the cell phone and NOT WEARING A SEATBELT...

LOL...anyway, we got a lot riding on him this year!

Safety first!

LOL! Good eye, I didn't even notice that. He really should wear a seatbelt though.

EDIT: Especially if you don't know the driver!

All League
    Well, I guess he's not popping wheelies in the parking lot on a death-cycle at least...

Rookie
    Damn he's breakin 2 laws there.

1)Not wearing a seatbelt.
    2)Talkin on his cell when he's drivin. You can't do that in New York.

Rookie
    That's funny, I missed that too.

All League
    Yeah, he should fix that problem.. I once read in SI about Barry Zito and he is such an idiot... he talked about how he does all his work while he drives... he said something like "I talk on the phone, listen to music, go on my laptop, driving is where I get things done." And I just thought what a retard.

Veteran
    he wasnt driving, so he only broke one lawwww

All League
    Maybe Adrian Jones can tell him a little something about the dangers of not wearing a seatbelt:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/03/sp...l/03jets.html?

In 1999, during Thanksgiving weekend of his first year at Kansas, Jones was returning to the Lawrence campus from Dallas, his hometown, accompanied by his older brother Christopher and Derick Mills, a fellow Jayhawk. On the Kansas Turnpike near Emporia, the 1993 Honda Accord that Jones was driving blew a tire and rolled over twice.
    Just before the accident, Jones had unfastened his seatbelt and wriggled out of his sweater because he was warm. That is the last thing he remembers. Jones was ejected from the vehicle and thrown 50 feet. He landed headfirst on the pavement.

He recalls looking up and seeing a police officer's face before everything went black. Jones was taken by ambulance to a local hospital and spent three days in the intensive-care unit with a bruise on the left side of his brain and a severe concussion. His doctors warned that he might not be able to play football again.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7
    Maybe Adrian Jones can tell him a little something about the dangers of not wearing a seatbelt:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/03/sp...l/03jets.html?
    Damn... that is crazy. Very lucky man, that Adrian Jones.

I want that man fully protected at all times. He should be driving the safest car available and always with multiple seatbelts on. MULTIPLE!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ok..................vilma, Wear A Damn Seatbelt! :d

Charter JI Member
    $20 says that was a second or third take for the cameras and Mr. Vilma is a law abiding citizen.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 51 VILMA 51
    he wasnt driving, so he only broke one lawwww
    actually he was also in the back seat, no?

dont need seatbelts in the back seat guys

Hall Of Fame
    There was one angle of the car that made me think he was driving an Acura MDX; anyone else see that?

Super*****/Prom Queen
    I didn't catch the episode so it may not have been Vilma's personal vehicle. Perhaps the other poster was correct that if you look at the camera angle & frame, he may not have been driving?

Either way I agree he should of had his seat belt on to set a good example for the "kids" rather than worrying that the seat belt would wrinkle his shirt and ruin the shot.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    I didn't catch the episode so it may not have been Vilma's personal vehicle. Perhaps the other poster was correct that if you look at the camera angle & frame, he may not have been driving?
    he was in the back seat (obviously not driving)

also It was what looked to me a white offficial Jets vehicle, some sort of Expedition SUV with the Jets font "New York Jets" on the back.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Well that explains it. The "white" vehicle is indeed a Cadillac Escalade SUV that is one of the promotional vehicles used by Jets F.O. personnel since Cadillac is a proud sponsor of the NY Jets.

I still agree with the majority here, setting an example for the kids and promoting good car safety practices would have been a nice touch but I'm sure he's a safe driver when alone and in his own vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    he was in the back seat (obviously not driving)

also It was what looked to me a white offficial Jets vehicle, some sort of Expedition SUV with the Jets font "New York Jets" on the back.