Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those that saw the TC special on NFL Network

Rookie

For those that saw the TC special on NFL Network

What were your impressions? To be honest with you I wasn't impressed with it at all..except for the Vilma Stuff. Man I'm glad I got his Jersey. I just felt that they didn't show any TC stuff of importance. It was bland. Rod Woodson is an idiot and his commentary was drivin' me nuts. C-mart talking about Law got me excited though.

What are your thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    I thought it was a bit fluffy; not enough footage of Chad throwing; the Vilma part was great, and he seems like a normal guy; still not used to seeing Fiedler in green; thought Blaylock would be more impressive, but maybe thats just me. Kind of funny listening to Herm miked up - he sounds like a fiery Baptist preacher.

What little I saw of Chad looked like he was a little stiff - not necessarily in pain, just like he's aware of the shoulder if you know what I mean.

I did like that zinger at the end about JAbe.

Rookie
    Agreed. The first footage of him throwing I'm pretty sure that I saw him throw it at a guys feet!

All League
    the behind the scenes stuff with VILMA was cool...the couple little interviews were OK....they didnt really ask any questions of importance..they didnt show enough of CHAD or WR's....over all kind of dull....

is this a weekly thing or 1 shot deal??

Banned
    what did woodson say?

Hall Of Fame
    It might be daily - I think tonight is Titan's TC. Wonder how they're picking the teams to show...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by klecko73god
    what did woodson say?
    He was pretty complimentary about almost everyone he mentioned.

Rookie
    You got better footage at the end of Total Access than on the special...

Overall the footage was lame, poorly timed filming with what was being done on the field... they knew the schedule; they could have gotten better footage...

A couple of nice passes from Chad to Cotch...

Vilma talking to Nuuuge - "Herm gives you leeway if you come to practice & come to play..."

Vilma on Hempstead - "...they have camp at these places in the middle of nowhere..."

I'm glad overall we got coverage & it's better than just seeing other teams...

Rookie
    Don't get me wrong Wolfe Jet, I enjoyed seeing our team on the tube for an hour, I just thought it was...blah. Woodson WAS complimenetary to all he talked about, but he just bugs me for some reason. I guess it's better than Rich Eisen.

All League
    I was expecting so much more.

- Herm is always interesting to listen to
    - Vilma was good, but they basically just followed him around for a day
    - Not much of Chad

The most interesting parts for, as never been to TC, was the different drills and timing and all of that.

The Dolphin Fan wife said "We should go next year.. " so that was all I needed.

BZ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ILJETSFAN
    Don't get me wrong Wolfe Jet, I enjoyed seeing our team on the tube for an hour, I just thought it was...blah. Woodson WAS complimenetary to all he talked about, but he just bugs me for some reason. I guess it's better than Rich Eisen.
    eisen is a jets fan, probably why he's such a smartass

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Justin Miller seems to be a gambler in pass coverage - sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't. Definately the team would be better off with a healthy Ty Law and JMiller learning for a year or two.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    Justin Miller seems to be a gambler in pass coverage - sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't. Definately the team would be better off with a healthy Ty Law and JMiller learning for a year or two.
    what happened to the 10ft pole?

Veteran
    Miller was torched by Cotch.
    I'd be a bit worried with him starting after seeing the special.

They showed the new jersey in Vilma's photoshoot. If you look close you can see the green in the underarm....looks cool.

They showed mostly the redzone, but it seemed like everything the qb's threw outside the redzone was a dumpoff to the back.

ugh

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum
    what happened to the 10ft pole?
    note the word "healthy" in my post. Law has to demonstrate he is not a cripple before the ten foot pole goes back in the closet.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by chops44
    Miller was torched by Cotch.
    I'd be a bit worried with him starting after seeing the special.

They showed the new jersey in Vilma's photoshoot. If you look close you can see the green in the underarm....looks cool.

They showed mostly the redzone, but it seemed like everything the qb's threw outside the redzone was a dumpoff to the back.

ugh
    Wow. I didn't notice that. I'm going to try and find the pics online. let me know if you do. That jersey is sweet.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Lady Photographer to Jonathan Vilma: "I'd really like to see you with your shirt off".

Jonathan Vilma: OK

It was an ok feature on The Jets. Edwards is funny. Dinger gave an interesting interview. Cotchery is coming people. He's going to be a player in this league. Miller has a world of talent but he's still very raw. Donnie is going to be all over that kid in camp.

Like already mentioned, It's going to take time to get used to Jay Fiedler in a Jets uniform. I found myself still rooting for him to get picked off..

When Ellis nailed him by "accident" in the pocket. I was laughing. I shouldn't root for a Jet QB to get hit. But it's my dolphin hatred still kicking in. My dislike for Fielder is still in my system.

All League
    Charter JI Member

I agree it was nice to see the Jets, but overall it sucked.

Didn't it air at 4PM as well. I got the feeling that most of the stuff was actually live footage with the other pre-taped interviews and pieces spliced in between.

Compared to last years series on the Jags it sucked. I wish they would do that again. Even if its not the Jets that show and the HBO show before it were great.

Rookie
    Anybody find a link, or article that shows that Vilma photo shoot? I want to see that modified jersey that he's wearining. I can't believe I missed that

Veteran
    The show was OK until Dick York left. Then it went completely downhill.