Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chat Feedback

Hall Of Fame

Demon Cleaner - Chat bugs

First of all, nice job. Second, there are two chat utilities that you probably want to add if you have the time (not that I'll be using the chats, but consider this a public service):

1) a way to turn off the "entered"/"left" notifications
    2) a way to private message someone listed in the room.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Chat Feedback

After a shaky start I think it went well at the end when everyone wasn't talking over everyone. It's going to take one or two chats to get steramlined.

Any positive or negative feedback?

BTW: We are getting rid of the entrance and exit interruptions and will have a full transcript tommorow.

Thanks to all that came online.

Charter JI Member
    I was there for the last 20 minutes or so...nice job.

The software seems to work flawlessly, but I have not participated in a live chat in years.

Mark seemed to make an effort to answer everyone's questions, and seemed like a good guy. I enjoyed it, and look forward to more.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it
    1) a way to turn off the "entered"/"left" notifications
    2) a way to private message someone listed in the room.
    1) Agreed. We are getting rid of it.

2) You can PM another user by simply highlighting their name on the right.

All League
    My computer ran very slow while the chat was open. It resumed normal operating speed once I closed the chat window. Any ideas on what this could be from?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

What type of connection do you have??

I have cable and it was lightning fast. I was a bit concerned when we hit 35-40 in the room but it seemed to run smooth.

All Pro
    I read a bit of it. That was cool......enjoyed it, pity my parents are not big football fans....................

After my earlier bout of being a douche this evening I want to preface this by saying I'm only making a suggestion on how to improve your chat, not chiming in to be a wiseass this time...

I obviously didn't take part but skimmed Buzz's C and P (I liked reading Mark's take on my team), but it got a little confusing to follow... if you can have Mark copy and paste the question he's responding to before he types his response, it might make things look a little smoother to follow with the constant barrage of questions. And if there's a way, make it so when Mark responds his text appears in bold or red or something automatically that might help too.

All League
    The chat was good; Sooth and Mark were displayed in a different color on my screen, some quick tips on the rules/process and chat technical options would be a “luxury” but not needed as people learn the features of the system.

One idea that may help is a separate area or chat window for comments and member chat that does not disrupt the Q&A with Mark.

Another option is for this chat to evolve into a discussion as opposed to an interview so it is not everyone firing questions at Mark with little time for responses….

Nice job and Thanks for letting everyone in – supports the joining decision

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER
    BTW: We are getting rid of the entrance and exit interruptions and will have a full transcript tommorow.
    Hey Sean, glad I could be an example of what feature to get rid of. I apologize for the "coming & going" last night on the chat room, I was out & on my WirelessLapT. For some reason I could see the chat but did not have the reply bar on the screen. A techie friend tried playing with the screen sizes and stuff, but nothing, oh well.

Anywho, it looked like a great chat, lots of good questions from folks here and definitely look forward to the next one without all the coming & going.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    After a shaky start I think it went well at the end when everyone wasn't talking over everyone. It's going to take one or two chats to get steramlined.

Any positive or negative feedback?

Sean: I had alot of problems getting into the chat room on my computer at home, it was very, very, slow loading the program and when I did get in it would freeze my computer up. I don't know if it was a problem on my end or if it had something to do with the volume of people in the chat room. I tried but due to the technical problems I was not able to participate.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1greenNUT
    My computer ran very slow while the chat was open. It resumed normal operating speed once I closed the chat window. Any ideas on what this could be from?
    Sounds similar to the problem I had but mine would freeze up completely until I exited out of the chatroom.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

What type of internet connection do you have?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What type of internet connection do you have?
    Bellsouth USB.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

is that a phone connection or cable/dsl?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    Bellsouth USB.
    Ditch the USB connection. Slows down your connect alot, even with USB 2.0

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by keeb
    Ditch the USB connection. Slows down your connect alot, even with USB 2.0
    And replace it with what?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    And replace it with what?
    Ideally an Ethernet connection is faster than USB but that should not cause a slowdown on the chat, may want to check the version of IE, you can go to www.microsoft.com to get a free update

Also a dial up account might be slow but you probably have DSL ,right?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    sooth you asked for feedback before - this is my feedback, hope you take it as constructive not as destructive - you know I love the site and appreciate it immensely:

mark is very political, in the sense that he doesn't seem to want to speculate.

Time and time again, rather than say something that may or may not come to pass he says nothing definitive.

Which let's be honest is smart, it is cagey but isn't exciting.

There's alot of "maybes" in there and alot of "wait and sees" alot of "don't knows" which is fine - but I live for the details.

I guess what it comes down to is for a chat with a guy who's only job is to cover the Jets I wasn't satisfied. He goes to the practices right?

Maybe once the season starts it will be different - but Cannizaro seems to me like he would rather wait for consensus rather than try to set it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    sooth you asked for feedback before - this is my feedback, hope you take it as constructive not as destructive - you know I love the site and appreciate it immensely:

mark is very political, in the sense that he doesn't seem to want to speculate.

Time and time again, rather than say something that may or may not come to pass he says nothing definitive.

Which let's be honest is smart, it is cagey but isn't exciting.

There's alot of "maybes" in there and alot of "wait and sees" alot of "don't knows" which is fine - but I live for the details.

I guess what it comes down to is for a chat with a guy who's only job is to cover the Jets I wasn't satisfied. He goes to the practices right?

Maybe once the season starts it will be different - but Cannizaro seems to me like he would rather wait for consensus rather than try to set it.
    What he said. You could have asked me those questions and my answers would have been more interesting (long) but interesting. Mark C needs to be more candid.

Also, There has to be one question at a time. That was a tough read. You had like 8 questions at once and then Mark answers question 3 and 7. Not his fault but those chats have to be regulated somewhat.