Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have All Jets Fans Gone Retarded?

All League

Have All Jets Fans Gone Retarded?

I mean sweet mother of mercy....

Yes, that was 7 months ago, but this guy...

1) Was playing at a mediocre level by past standards in 2004, though certainly a level that IF healthy and he were able to maintain would justify this contract.

2) Is not healthy.

3) May not recover fully.

4) Had half the teams in the league scared out of their minds with the Dolphins apparantly being serious when they gave him a 1 year minimum offer.

5) Is... what.... 31?

6) Is a mercenary. You are not getting a leader. You are not getting a character guy. You are getting (from the neck up) the CB equivilent of Terrell Owens with his mouth taped shut. The best I can say about what he brings to the locker room is that he isn't going to do any damage.

7) Is guaranteed 5 million dollars of your money. Is going to be leaving you with a tolerable but absolutely significant dead money hit if he lasts only 1 or 2 years, and who will cost a fair penny if he lasts all 3.

Is this disastrous for you guys? of course not. Could this be a HUGE signing? Yes it could. It probably won't be though. Bradway popped off with a stupid move just when I was starting to think they'd found a way to distract him while someone smart ran the show.

and you guys are acting like you're frigging to be feared now? Give me a f**** break. If you are to be feared it will be because I'm right about Chad Pennington having the season reasonable people expect him to have eventually (not as good as most of you expect, but good enough to be top 5 QB discussion material after this year), which I think he will, and because your defense will be just as good or better---- and Ty Law will NOT be the pivot point on that, I'd wager.

Good god. NO ONE overreacts like NY fans....

Hall Of Fame
    If the Lions would of signed him, you'd make the exact same thread saying how we lost out on a CB who could of helped us. Your on a JETS site, JETS FANS posting nonstop about a signing, of course some are saying stupid stuff, but HELLO YOUR ON A JETS SITE!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardSeymour
    Have All Jets Fans Gone Retarded?
    Yes, yes we have!!! Woot Woot Zoot Zoot....Zaba Zaba Zaba!!!!

All League
    Well, the mad genius Bill Belichick wanted him back... and according to most Patriots fans that should show that the guy still has game.

We would not be paying all this money for a guy that cannot help the team.

Veteran
    We are all excited, can you blame us? When's the last time we signed a top tier Free Agent? Never, that's when. This is a Jet's board, god forbid it may lean towards the Jets in favoritism.

I know it's hard losing an important player to your team. But c'mon, we can stick together and get through this. It's okay RichardSeymour, everythings going to be alright.

Undrafted Free Agent
    shut the hell up

it not our fault your team is falling apart.

DAMN STRAIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Addict SouthFL
    If the Lions would of signed him, you'd make the exact same thread saying how we lost out on a CB who could of helped us. Your on a JETS site, JETS FANS posting nonstop about a signing, of course some are saying stupid stuff, but HELLO YOUR ON A JETS SITE!
    No I wouldn't have, unless it was ~ 2 mil or less on a one year deal.

and it wasn't on this site, but I posted elsewhere in response to a rumor that the Rams might swoop in that IMO that would be to the Jets longterm benefit.

Hall Of Fame

6) Is a mercenary. You are not getting a leader. You are not getting a character guy. You are getting (from the neck up) the CB equivilent of Terrell Owens with his mouth taped shut. The best I can say about what he brings to the locker room is that he isn't going to do any damage.

If Law turns out to be the defensive equivalent of TO with his mouth taped shut, bring it on.

Rookie
    D!ck, you are on a Jets message board. Whats so unreasonable about Jets fans celebrating on a Jets message board ? Retarded would be posting over 3,300 times on another teams message board.

Ahh I love these threads

Pats fan: You gay retarded Jets fans suck!!
    Jets Fan: No you gay retarded Pats fans suck!!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt245
    Well, the mad genius Bill Belichick wanted him back... and according to most Patriots fans that should show that the guy still has game.

We would not be paying all this money for a guy that cannot help the team.
    I'm sure we did want him back. More training camp fodder is always a good thing.

(I highly, highly doubt BB wanted Law back for this kind of money. Though I'm sure Law or his agent will "let slip" that he turned down a 20 mil SB from the Patriots to play here.)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Just like clockwork ---- if we had picked up Tom Brady, the Pats fans would say the same thing.

Good luck this season and see you in December.

you gotta a problem with the signing? how

Yes, that was 7 months ago, but this guy...

1) Was playing at a mediocre level by past standards in 2004, though certainly a level that IF healthy and he were able to maintain would justify this contract.

2) Is not healthy.

3) May not recover fully.

4) Had half the teams in the league scared out of their minds with the Dolphins apparantly being serious when they gave him a 1 year minimum offer.

5) Is... what.... 31?

7) Is guaranteed 5 million dollars of your money. Is going to be leaving you with a tolerable but absolutely significant dead money hit if he lasts only 1 or 2 years, and who will cost a fair penny if he lasts all 3.

Is this disastrous for you guys? of course not. Could this be a HUGE signing? Yes it could. It probably won't be though. Bradway popped off with a stupid move just when I was starting to think they'd found a way to distract him while someone smart ran the show.

and you guys are acting like you're frigging to be feared now? Give me a f**** break. If you are to be feared it will be because I'm right about Chad Pennington having the season reasonable people expect him to have eventually (not as good as most of you expect, but good enough to be top 5 QB discussion material after this year), which I think he will, and because your defense will be just as good or better---- and Ty Law will NOT be the pivot point on that, I'd wager.

Good god. NO ONE overreacts like NY fans....
    about a little less dissing of the player. i doubt the jets would have signed him if they thought he would be staying injured.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

RS, you are stooping to Tx's tactics here...you are usually very astute with your posts, don't destroy your credibility like this brudder

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Let me just add... Magga weega deega, zoko raki flaga moppy moppy moppy yeahyo yeahyo yeahyo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seymour..... Law's signing completely solidifies The Jets pass defense. The Jets have alot of young promising talent in that secondary. Law completes the secondary. Jets have perhaps the best DE tandem in all of football. Hard to argue that. Both Law and Barrett are physical CB's.

I am not taking crazy pills and proclaiming superbowl victory today but our defense has a chance to be an elite defense. Especially against the pass.

The Jets have a a good freaking team. On paper, They have 3 impressive looking units. offense, defense and special teams.

Pats don't have to fear anyone and they should have confidence in themselves. But if I were a Pats supporter, I would look at The Jets with some respect. There are question marks with them but I can see them being a legitimate threat.

As for Miami and their interest or lack thereof in Ty Law. They have Reggie Howard playing CB. LOL.... Let me see him cover Coles next year. Sam Madison is a shell of his former self.

Jets are taking a risk here but I think they covered themselves nicely in the way, the deal is structured.

LMFAO!!!!

[QUOTE=YoungJetsFan]Let me just add... Magga weega deega, zoko raki flaga moppy moppy moppy yeahyo yeahyo yeahyo!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, all former Patriots players suck

sound familiar?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungJetsFan
    Let me just add... Magga weega deega, zoko raki flaga moppy moppy moppy yeahyo yeahyo yeahyo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rookie
    Richard- a little nervous???? Worry about your own team! Ted and Ted are gone for the year and retired. You have no OC and the schedule is not a walk. Get ready for major pressure ALL YEAR. Welcome back to reality.

Law will play well and teach J. Miller to be the man.