Thread: Giants still fuming

My friend is a Giants fan who goes to SUNY Albany and was at the Giants / Jets scrimmage. He said the Giants are mad because the Giants offense was crushing the Jets defense and in response the Jets started to lose their cool and punk Giant players. He said they were gunning for Shockey a lot.

Who knows what the story is here, I did not watch the scrimmage so I have no idea what the case is.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage
    My friend is a Giants fan who goes to SUNY Albany and was at the Giants / Jets scrimmage. He said the Giants are mad because the Giants offense was crushing the Jets defense and in response the Jets started to lose their cool and punk Giant players. He said they were gunning for Shockey a lot.

Who knows what the story is here, I did not watch the scrimmage so I have no idea what the case is.
    That Shockey thing happened on like the 2nd play, so I doubt it happened because of what the offense was doing to the defense. Even though I heard the Jets D was basically blowing up the Giants offense all day.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisthegreat
    That Shockey thing happened on like the 2nd play, so I doubt it happened because of what the offense was doing to the defense. Even though I heard the Jets D was basically blowing up the Giants offense all day.
    I talked to him again and he said it wasn't the second play. He also said in real life "the Giants' QB would have been sacked on every play" but also said that at the same time "the Jets' secondary was getting cut up big time by the Giants' WRs." He said that the hit on Shockey everyone is talking about is from the second play of 9 on 7s but they were playing before that. He said although there was nothing major before that there was some chirping from the Jets. He said even before 9 on 7s came around the Jets were playing "dirty" and even knocked down David Tyree on a fly route before 9 on 7s.

He also said Ponder got absolutely crushed but there wasn't supposed to be tackling.

Rookie
    He also said Ponder got absolutely crushed but there wasn't supposed to be tackling.
    Oh so the Giants were expecting to play flag football or something? Tell your friend to stop b!tching, the Jets didn't drive 3 hours up to Albany to have a tea party.

All League
    I got hit at football practice. Boo hoo.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

also said that at the same time "the Jets' secondary was getting cut up big time by the Giants' WRs."
    That was our old secondary....the Law is coming

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisthegreat
    Oh so the Giants were expecting to play flag football or something? Tell your friend to stop b!tching, the Jets didn't drive 3 hours up to Albany to have a tea party.

there are certain rules during these practices. the jets were wrong.

All League
    "Giants wide receiver Willie Ponder suffered a bruised chest and had to leave the practice after being hit on a route over the middle by Jets safety Kerry Rhodes."

When Rhodes was drafted he was known to be a great coverage guy but people questioned if he was physical enough....lets hope he keeps this up.

Banned
    We need to go back up to albany with ty law

All League

Your friend must be a puss just like their coach. BS, this is football and they will be looking to retailate when they play us in the exibition. On the same line our D will be looking to crush them even harder.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Does your "friend" work for the Giants?

How did he know that there wasn't supposed to be tackling?

Seems to me that no one has come up with where that was said. Other than to assume given the Giants over reaction.

Toomer was knocked over by a shoulder hit and he got up all pissy.

While you're at it ask your friend why Eli was on the air complaining that the Jets were using more complex defenses that he is used to in practice and that he wasn't expecting more that vanilla D. Or why the MSG guys were saying that Eli struggled against the Jet D, claiming they dominated.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 08-09-2005 at 03:16 AM.

All Pro
    Why would you post a giants fan version of the events?

You think he's a little biased?

Mara gets his depends in a twist and we all gotta shake, They were treated like bitc*es because thats what they are.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 08-09-2005 at 07:29 AM.

All Pro

Talking Giants Still Crying

BIG BLUE RAGE

By PAUL SCHWARTZ
    August 9, 2005 -- ALBANY If there is one preseason game to tune in this summer, it's Giants-Jets on Aug. 26.
    "There's going to be plenty of animosity out there, believe me," Giants linebacker Barrett Green promised.

On the surface, the ill feelings created by the big, bad Jets laying into the Giants during last Saturday's combined practices have dissipated. One doesn't have to dig too deeply, though, to unearth the bitterness that developed after the Jets insinuated that they practice harder and are the more physical of New York's football teams.

"I don't think there's a lot of people over here on the blue side who were real happy about it," Green said yesterday. "They had a few smart comments to make as to that's how they practice, but we're very capable of practicing that way too. It kind of left us a little [ticked] off, by all means."

Green, coming off knee surgery, didn't even participate against the Jets, yet he's boiling mad, so just imagine the emotions simmering inside the Giants who did suit up. The Giants believed the tempo in the practice sessions was pre-arranged: Tag or "thud-up" the receiver, not tackle him. But the Jets came out hitting and finally, when receiver Willie Ponder was leveled by rookie safety Kerry Rhodes, coach Tom Coughlin had seen enough.

Ponder went down with a lung contusion that caused him to cough up blood and Coughlin implored Jets defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson to calm down his players. Henderson brusquely told Coughlin that's how the Jets practice.

"Their defensive coordinator, as we all know, is a maniac," running back Tiki Barber said. "They practice a little different than we do."

Ponder gamely shook off the injury and yesterday was back at practice, saying he was a bit short of breath, but otherwise fine. He'd seen the hit by Rhodes on tape.

"Of course I mind, but I'm not mad about the situation," Ponder said. "Was he out of line? In our coaches' eyes, in players' eyes? Yes, he was out of line. In his coaches' eyes, probably not. The Jets defense evidently is trying to establish a name. They kind of did it a little bit. But I don't think no one on this Giants team was scared or backing down to anyone."

What further annoyed the Giants is that the Jets often used intricate blitz packages that were not supposed to be part of the script. Eli Manning would check out of the base play that was called, but the Giants didn't have enough alternative plays installed to make things interesting, contributing to a ragged showing by the offense.

"You're allowed to do some blitzes and stuff, but every play a lot of plays they're lining up in a Bear defense, 3-4 and moving people around, bringing the strong safety down and blitz," Manning said. "I don't know if the coaches talked."

Green said many of his teammates have already discussed what happened and are thirsting for another shot at the Jets, this time under real game conditions.

"They know they got a lot of free shots in," Green said. "We were contained. Our coaches wanted us to display class and character out there and reflect Coach Coughlin in the best manner we could. But it got to a point where we're gonna be men, we're not gonna let nobody push us around. Nobody is happy what happened. If it had to be done all over again it wouldn't go down that way.

"In a preseason game there's no question about the rules, no question about hitting people. They're gonna get hit . . . hard."

All League
    I talked to him again and he said it wasn't the second play. He also said in real life "the Giants' QB would have been sacked on every play" but also said that at the same time "the Jets' secondary was getting cut up big time by the Giants' WRs." He said that the hit on Shockey everyone is talking about is from the second play of 9 on 7s but they were playing before that. He said although there was nothing major before that there was some chirping from the Jets. He said even before 9 on 7s came around the Jets were playing "dirty" and even knocked down David Tyree on a fly route before 9 on 7s.
    I believe your bud is a fffing liar "From the second play of the morning between the Giants' offense and the Jets' defense, when Jeremy Shockey began exchanging punches with Jets defensive backs Oliver Celestin and Erik Coleman, there was a nastiness in the air that the Giants were not expecting. And were not pleased about, especially after wide receiver Willie Ponder left the field with chest and throat injuries after a helmet-first hit by Jets rookie safety Kerry Rhodes."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...=ny-jets-print

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    there are certain rules during these practices. the jets were wrong.

see i know that it was not the normal practice that we hear about - but if the Giants want to make a point - HIT BACK - do you talking on the field

if the case was reversed it would be - oh look at the Jets - NY's #2 team -

All Pro
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vilma's comments in Newsday:

When told of Green's comments, Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma said: "Who is Barrett Green? So someone who didn't practice is talking tough?

"Please. This reminds me of college when teams would talk trash after we whup up on them. They can talk now. They knew what time it was, we knew what time it was. We came out and performed. We'll see them again in three weeks. No one's going to run, no one's going to hide."

Vilma was surprised the Giants still were angry. "I figured it would be something that's (over) real quick," he said. "(But) whoever is dragging it on, that's fine. ... You just let it bounce off. You know you're the better team, so you don't have anything to worry about."

corporate heroin

Thumbs down Giants

The Giants are a barrel full of *****es. Don't let those idiots bother you.

I love how everyones "friend" knows or saw something. LOL.