Thread: WR/DB matchups AFC East

All League

WR/DB matchups AFC East

IMO the Jet front seven on offense and defense is better than the front seven of any other AFC East team. In previous years New Engalnd had a decided advantage IMO in the defensive back field and in their deep WR corp.Lets look at this years matchups

WR Jets : Coles , McCarrins, and Chrebet
    Match up against
    New Englands :Randall Gay , Assanti Samuals and Tyrone Poole with Duane Starks and Chad Scott in reserve.
    Buffalo : Nate Clements,Terrance Mcgee and Jabari Greer
    Miami :Sam Madison, Travis Daniels, Reggie "toast" Howard

New England is deep but I like the how the Jets Matchup

On the other side
    DB Jets : Law , Barrett and Strait playing the nickel
    Match up against
    New Engand : David Givens,Deon Branch, David Terrell
    Buffalo : Eric Moulds, Lee Evans, Josh Reed
    Miami: Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, Darrius Thompson

The Buffalo receivers are awesome, IMO the Jets have the size and muscle to stay with them. Branch from NE scares me , I think you bring in Miller , replacing Strait, to try and stay with them.
    Donnie will get good matchups.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange

IMO the Jet front seven on offense and defense is better than the front seven of any other AFC East team. In previous years New Engalnd had a decided advantage IMO in the defensive back field and in their deep WR corp.Lets look at this years matchups

What do you mean in previous years the Patriots had an advantage??? Haven't you been paying attention to all the wisdom floating around on this site. The Jets have been far more talented than the Patriots in recent years. Heck, there are LI high school teams with more talent than the Patriots. They just win with mirrors, luck, and fluke plays. Everybody knows that.

WR Jets : Coles , McCarrins, and Chrebet
    Match up against
    New Englands :Randall Gay , Assanti Samuals and Tyrone Poole with Duane Starks and Chad Scott in reserve.
    Buffalo : Nate Clements,Terrance Mcgee and Jabari Greer
    Miami :Sam Madison, Travis Daniels, Reggie "toast" Howard

New England is deep but I like the how the Jets Matchup

On the other side
    DB Jets : Law , Barrett and Strait playing the nickel
    Match up against
    New Engand : David Givens,Deon Branch, David Terrell
    Buffalo : Eric Moulds, Lee Evans, Josh Reed
    Miami: Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, Darrius Thompson

The Buffalo receivers are awesome, IMO the Jets have the size and muscle to stay with them. Branch from NE scares me , I think you bring in Miller , replacing Strait, to try and stay with them.
    Donnie will get good matchups.

On second thought, after analyzing your fine list, I think the Patriots have a DECIDED advantage over each of those teams. When I say "decided", I mean LARGE. John Holmes Large. This is an OUTRAGE. Not only do they get all the mirrors and luck and fluke plays going their way but now they get all the good players too. Unbelievable. I'm calling the commissioner. This is unacceptable.

Last edited by PYPER; 08-10-2005 at 01:04 AM.

Rookie
    Jets will have great matchups all year long.....

Law practicing against Coles
    Barrett practicing against McCareins
    Strait against Chrebet/Cotchery

These guys will all make eachother better, and the rest of the NFL's gonna feel the pain.

Branch from NE scares me , I think you bring in Miller , replacing Strait, to try and stay with them.
    I think Branch (and most Pats fans) would welcome that match-up at this stage of Miller's development.

I do agree that on paper the Jets match-up very well for the most part with the other teams in the division... although I'm not willing to concede every match-up as in their favor.