Thread: question about the game vs. lions

question about the game vs. lions

I didnt get a chance to watch thegame. How did harry williams play? and the balls thrown at gessner were they bad throws or he just flat out dropped them? Also when is jon carter expected back? thanks

All Pro
    Gessner dropped all the passes. They were NFL catchable passes and he dropped some and others he just didnt concentrate, he was worried about where the vicious hit was coming from.
    He stunk it up. Left a bad, bad taste in our mouths....especially when you think of Chrebet and how he excelled in his first pre-season.
    Williams didnt get too many passes thrown to him, so id like to see him get more chances vs Vikings.

No idea about Carter.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41
    Gessner dropped all the passes. They were NFL catchable passes and he dropped some and others he just didnt concentrate, he was worried about where the vicious hit was coming from.
    He stunk it up. Left a bad, bad taste in our mouths....especially when you think of Chrebet and how he excelled in his first pre-season.
    Williams didnt get too many passes thrown to him, so id like to see him get more chances vs Vikings.

No idea about Carter.

NFL catchable passes?!? Two of them hit his hands for crying out loud... that's Pop Warner catchable!

As for Williams, it was poor throws by Bollinger. Williams has his man beat multiple times, only for Brooks to vastly overthrow him each time. Harry dove completely outstretched knowing a big time belly flop to the turf was coming to try and get to one of the poor throws and still couldn't get withint a yard of the ball!

Gessnar's drops = his own fault
    Williams' incompletions = Brooks' fault

All Pro

I stand corrected....POP WARNER catchable passes.

They were Little Billy approved passes.

Veteran
    I would put it in these terms - we don't have a proven third received! I saw nothing that made me excited about the position beyond the two starters on Friday.