Thread: Mickens to Cleveland?

All League

Mickens to Cleveland?

Ex-Jets CB Ray Mickens, who spent nine seasons with the club, has narrowed his choices to Cleveland and Tennessee and is leaning toward signing with the Browns in the next couple of days. Atlanta, Miami and Washington also expressed interest. "I'm just trying to be patient," Mickens told The Star Ledger last night. "I just want to make sure I have the right fit. I'm not rushing into anything. ... To be honest, I'm still in shock that I'm not a Jet."
    Last edited by thechadzone10; 08-16-2005 at 01:37 PM.

All League
    Man, Ray took it hard getting cut. I understand why... he had put a lot of time in with this team and was a very professional guy. I know we didn't need him and it was a neccessary move to make that ultimately landed us Ty Law, but it's a shame to see a great guy catch a tough break. Hopefully he moves on to a good situation.

All Pro
    am I the only one crazy enough to have the thought go thru my mind that maybe,just perhaps one of the conditions for us getting Law had to do with the #24?That Ty wanted his number?Anyone else entertain that thought before all logic returned?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets
    am I the only one crazy enough to have the thought go thru my mind that maybe,just perhaps one of the conditions for us getting Law had to do with the #24?That Ty wanted his number?Anyone else entertain that thought before all logic returned?
    i doubt it...i'm sure ty could have bought the number off of mickens...its just as simple as straight locking down the nickel back job and us no longer needing a second starting corner (plus, of course, the moolah)...

All Pro
    Cleveland makes a lot of sense for Ray. They need help in the backfield. Plus, Ray and Crennel were here at the same time. And Crennel would have seen a lot of Ray while coaching in NE, too.

I bet that's where he ends up.

Veteran
    weird, i would have bet on the cowboys, but anything can happen