Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pats lose and I love it

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    See, it's idiotic comments like this from Jet fans who have no clue.

The Pats are a much younger team then last year.

Instead of making things up, check out the facts.
    Sounds like someones getting a little bit testy? The cracks beginning to show Tex? The dry wit and sarcasm are gone, replaced by simple verbal attacks. Hmmmm da Chowds are looking scared......

Veteran
    So awesome the Chowds lost again...who the fck cares about 3 SB's in 4 years, that's nothing. They lost to the Saints last night in an exhibition game....LIFE IS GOOD!!! Jets on the way up, Pats on the way down...Jets have a swagger, they're going to win it all and the Pats are about to be exposed as the worst team to ever win 3 SB's in 4 years...what an embarrasment they are.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Mcgraw38]they could've taken a fan out of the stands and made him Superbowl MVP.

Ok....enough.....these guys are good, maybe great, but they aint the second coming. Every great team comes back to the pack, this will be the year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipShot
    it doesent matter if its august or november see'ing brady getting knocked flat on his a ss is great
    Brady doesn't mind that though. It means the trainer will rub is arse for him in the locker room.

All League
    Jets fans!

Practice Squad
    See, it's idiotic comments like this from Jet fans who have no clue.

The Pats are a much younger team then last year.

Instead of making things up, check out the facts.

why don't you fill us in with the fact, jerkoff?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by townsell83
    why don't you fill us in with the fact, jerkoff?
    PFSIKH already did.

Not my problem if you can't read.

Veteran
    Dont forget guys, that was a horrible showing for NO. Their first team was in till nearly the end of the third quarter. So basically NO's first team cant get it done against NE's second and third... Thats sad. Another testament that they dynasty will remain in tact (unfortunately).

That ones for you, TX.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by gmogmo
    So awesome the Chowds lost again...who the fck cares about 3 SB's in 4 years, that's nothing. They lost to the Saints last night in an exhibition game....LIFE IS GOOD!!! Jets on the way up, Pats on the way down...Jets have a swagger, they're going to win it all and the Pats are about to be exposed as the worst team to ever win 3 SB's in 4 years...what an embarrasment they are.

So sad that certain Jet fans can only feel good when attempting to make other people feel badly. I can remember hearing the BS from guys like qmongmo when the Pats lost 3 out of 4 last preseason. How did that work out for you. AND then there is this dramatically ridiculous statement

"....and the Pats are about to be exposed as the worst team to ever win 3 SB's in 4 years...what an embarrasment they are."

Take a look at it Jet fans and think about the massive stupidity that went into that remark, and then understand why we lurk on your site. There is no where else on the planet where we can get this kind of entertainment for free.

Remember this is a remark from a fan of a team which hasn't even been to a superbowl for over THIRTY FIVE YEARS. It's a team that hasn't beaten the Patriots since 2002. It is a team that is a tennent in its OWN HOME FIELD....AND HE CALLS THE PATS an EMBARASSMENT?!

Where are the reality police when you need them

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Power
    "Key" players ? Who defines "key". How about we just look at the age of starters ?

First off, cross Bruschi off your list... he's not playing, he's out for the season, maybe more, why does he factor into the age of this team ?

Second, Troy Brown and Kevin Faulk are not starters, they're role players used in spot duty... I'd hardly call Brown a 'key' player at this stage in his career, you could make a case for Faulk being key, but he;s a third down back who sees the field maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the team's plays.

I'll grant you Vrabel, Harrison, McGinnest, and Chad Brown.

Won't give you Dillon, unless you want to tell me over 30 backs means they're on the decline... I think the seasons CuMar and Dillon had last season sort of skews that.

So how about the under 30 starters ? Watson, Graham, Branch, Givens, Brady, Pass, the entire offensive line except Tom Ashworth, the entire defensive line, the starting corners, the nickel back. Fact is the Pats have more starters under 30 than over... 'key' players is a subjective term, but the overall point by the Fox broadcasters wasn't a wrong one, there are a lot of young players on this team, good mix of both in fact.

Did you stop watching the game after that pass ? How'd he look marching his team down the field the rest of the time he was in there.

The only undeniable point you've made is that the run D was beyond awful last night.

Nice try, but it didn't matter a lick to me... I watch pre-season for the same reason the coaches do, evaluation, I care about how our first teams played, not what the final score was. So in that sense, I was saying 'damn, we got run over in the ground game', but didn't blink at the final score.
    funny, weren't you the same jerk last year who couldn't stop raving about Troy Brown because he played a couple of games at cornerback? I think all the pats fans were calling him "the ultimate team player". I guess that you no longer need guys like that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead

Now a garbage team beats the reigning super bowl champs in a preseason game, its the same reaction? If you ask me, if I were a Pats fan, Id be upset with those losses, but grateful they didn't mean anything. Is this the typical reaction of a Pats fan? To take a loss and twist it up so that the Pats can afford to lose these games, and yet still keep face.
    Could be one of the dumbest posts ever.

If you were a Pats fan you'd "be upset with a pre-season loss"?

Dude, the Pats have gone 34-4 with two Super Bowl championships over the last two years. Pats fans are suppose to be upset with a meaningless loss to the Phins and a pre-season loss to the Saints.

Get a friggn' clue.

BTW, the Pats have more regular seaon and playoff wins in the last two years (34) as the Jets do (27) in the last 3 season.

funny, weren't you the same jerk last year who couldn't stop raving about Troy Brown because he played a couple of games at cornerback? I think all the pats fans were calling him "the ultimate team player". I guess that you no longer need guys like that.
    Great job of missing the point. Regardless if Troy Brown is the ultimate team player, he's still a third or fourth wide receiver and an emergency plug in the defensive backfield... that means he's not a 'key' player as the original poster stated.

Practice Squad
    Great job of missing the point. Regardless if Troy Brown is the ultimate team player, he's still a third or fourth wide receiver and an emergency plug in the defensive backfield... that means he's not a 'key' player as the original poster stated.
    you're the one missing the point moron. last year the pats fans were lining up to lick troy browns ball. you guys couldn't stop talking about troy brown, claiming he was one of the reasons for the pats success because of his team play.
    now, the ultimate team player is being dissmissed as an 'plug'.

so which is it? if he is not a 'key' player, then you agree with us jets fans that you were just blowing your own horns.

Banned
    What positions would be considered 'key'?

QB - Young
    LT - Young
    Center? - Young
    CB - we have a mix of old and young just like most teams.
    RB - Certainly getting up there, but I'd say he's fine for this season minimum.
    DL - nothing but young
    LB - again a mix, though mainly veterans which is what BB likes in his backers
    wr - starters are both quite young.

Should we be concerned because we have veteran depth? I would think that would be a good thing but that's just me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken
    So sad that certain Jet fans can only feel good when attempting to make other people feel badly.

That may be true for certain Jet fans but it holds true for every Patriots fan.

you're the one missing the point moron. last year the pats fans were lining up to lick troy browns ball. you guys couldn't stop talking about troy brown, claiming he was one of the reasons for the pats success because of his team play.
    now, the ultimate team player is being dissmissed as an 'plug'.

so which is it? if he is not a 'key' player, then you agree with us jets fans that you were just blowing your own horns.
    Ah yes, namecalling, the Jets fans last ditch calling card when he knows he's wrong.

I'm not sure what you don't understand here, even if Troy Brown was the ultimate team player, he still contributed in a smaller role as a third WR and emergency nickel back... if that's a 'key' position than I guess our team is in a lot of trouble. I'm not sure why you want to confuse Patriots fans 'stroking' Troy Brown because he gives it all and contributes wherever he can with him actually being one of the 'key' players on this team.... it's two different arguments.

Banned
    Ah yes, namecalling, the Jets fans last ditch calling card when he knows he's wrong.

Enough with the generalizations.

I can point out 5 posts from Pats fans where they're calling somone a moron or stupid in this thread alone.

All Pro
    Could be one of the dumbest posts ever.

If you were a Pats fan you'd "be upset with a pre-season loss"?

Dude, the Pats have gone 34-4 with two Super Bowl championships over the last two years. Pats fans are suppose to be upset with a meaningless loss to the Phins and a pre-season loss to the Saints.

Get a friggn' clue.

BTW, the Pats have more regular seaon and playoff wins in the last two years (34) as the Jets do (27) in the last 3 season.
    Hey Bottlenose, where did I say "be upset with a pre-season loss"? HUH? You know something TX, in case you haven't figured it out by now, I may not have such a statistical backbone like you do, which I hear only dates back 3 years anyway, but I won't say I know much there is about the Pats. But before you reworded my post, a tendency you seem to have with many Jets posters here, you must have had your head a little too far up your *** to see my point. Now pay close attention, and don't go rewording this ok. I said why is it that when sucky teams beat the Pats, I don't care if it's charity Ping-Pong, you Chowds like to use the "game doesn't mean crap anyway" excuse? Is that the ultimate reason why you lost? I mean if it were us or some other decent team, wouldn't you rather lose to us then the Aints?

BTW, why did you even bring up such a unrelated statistic such as your teams record versus the Jets? It has no significance to my question about why NE loses to teams like Miami and NO?

Quote Originally Posted by NYSE
    Enough with the generalizations.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSE
    That may be true for certain Jet fans but it holds true for every Patriots fan.

Quote Originally Posted by gmogmo

As embarrasing as your head coach in the Pittsburgh playoff game last year?