Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's game on CBS not in HD

Practice Squad

Tonight's game on CBS not in HD

While CBS is broadcasting tonight's game game nationally it is the only network out of the four not to broadcast in HD. I really do not understand why they are not doing it. I ws really looking forward to seeing the Jets in HD

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by chillster
    While CBS is broadcasting tonight's game game nationally it is the only network out of the four not to broadcast in HD. I really do not understand why they are not doing it. I ws really looking forward to seeing the Jets in HD
    Who cares? I'm just glad I get to watch it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    Who cares? I'm just glad I get to watch it.
    meaning you dont have HDTV, if you did it would make a difference

I really need to upgrade my capture card. Mine doesn't cap HD signals .

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    Huge difference!!

All Pro
    that does not sound right at all. wasn't last weeks game in HD? Something tells me this is inaccurate.

All Pro
    last weeks game was in 4:3 aspect ratio, this week is not in HD?!?

Someone get a hold of who we should contact to b!tch about this!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023
    I really need to upgrade my capture card. Mine doesn't cap HD signals .

David,

Doing a quick search, the prices are very high for those cards!

http://www.bizrate.com/buy/products_...re%20card.html

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Schnitzer
    David,

Doing a quick search, the prices are very high for those cards!

NM this one's not bad:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    Actually I do smarta$s, but I'm appreciative that I get to watch it, HD or not. Have you become that much of a pansy Chris?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    Actually I do smarta$s, but I'm appreciative that I get to watch it, HD or not. Have you become that much of a pansy Chris?
    yeah, I'm a pansy

come sleep over again and i'll show youjust how much of one you damn rican

Rookie
    Game is in HD..

CBS Sports kicks off NFL preseason with Vikings-Jets on Friday
    Aug. 18, 2005

THE NFL ON CBS's Second Pre-Season Game to Feature Indianapolis Colts Visiting Denver Broncos Live in Prime Time on Saturday, Aug. 27

Both NFL ON CBS Pre-Season Games to be Shown in HDTV The CBS Television Network, beginning its 46th year broadcasting the NFL, starts its broadcast season with the first of two pre-season games on Friday, Aug. 19 (8:00 PM, ET) as the Minnesota Vikings take on the New York Jets live in prime time on the CBS Television Network.

THE NFL ON CBS lead announce team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, along with Bonnie Bernstein reporting, call the action from Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. Lance Barrow is the producer and Mike Arnold is the director.

THE NFL ON CBS will broadcast its second pre-season game, the Indianapolis Colts visiting the Denver Broncos, live in prime time on Saturday, Aug. 27 (8:00 PM, ET) from INVESCO Field at Mile High in Denver, Colo.

Both NFL ON CBS pre-season games will be shown in HDTV with the highest definition television format -- 1080i lines of picture resolution -- along with 5.1 channel digital surround sound. The unified productions for both the standard definition and HD telecasts will feature the same announcers, camera angles and graphics.

Sean McManus is President, CBS Sports. Tony Petitti is Executive Producer, CBS Sports. McManus and Petitti serve as executive producers of CBS Sports' coverage of THE NFL ON CBS.

Headlines

CBS Sports to air the CBS SportsLine Fantasy Football Show Saints rally past Patriots in Flutie's return Stone bold: Moss admits he smokes pot Chargers to Gates: Report or suspension Cards' Rolen ponders shoulder surgery Now healthy, Boulware rejoins Ravens Bears to holdout No. 1: Take it or leave it Bucs' Duke does it again, this time to Mets
    More Headlines

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg
    Game is in HD..

CBS Sports kicks off NFL preseason with Vikings-Jets on Friday
    Aug. 18, 2005

THE NFL ON CBS's Second Pre-Season Game to Feature Indianapolis Colts Visiting Denver Broncos Live in Prime Time on Saturday, Aug. 27

Both NFL ON CBS Pre-Season Games to be Shown in HDTV The CBS Television Network, beginning its 46th year broadcasting the NFL, starts its broadcast season with the first of two pre-season games on Friday, Aug. 19 (8:00 PM, ET) as the Minnesota Vikings take on the New York Jets live in prime time on the CBS Television Network.

THE NFL ON CBS lead announce team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, along with Bonnie Bernstein reporting, call the action from Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. Lance Barrow is the producer and Mike Arnold is the director.

THE NFL ON CBS will broadcast its second pre-season game, the Indianapolis Colts visiting the Denver Broncos, live in prime time on Saturday, Aug. 27 (8:00 PM, ET) from INVESCO Field at Mile High in Denver, Colo.

Both NFL ON CBS pre-season games will be shown in HDTV with the highest definition television format -- 1080i lines of picture resolution -- along with 5.1 channel digital surround sound. The unified productions for both the standard definition and HD telecasts will feature the same announcers, camera angles and graphics.

Sean McManus is President, CBS Sports. Tony Petitti is Executive Producer, CBS Sports. McManus and Petitti serve as executive producers of CBS Sports' coverage of THE NFL ON CBS.

Headlines

CBS Sports to air the CBS SportsLine Fantasy Football Show Saints rally past Patriots in Flutie's return Stone bold: Moss admits he smokes pot Chargers to Gates: Report or suspension Cards' Rolen ponders shoulder surgery Now healthy, Boulware rejoins Ravens Bears to holdout No. 1: Take it or leave it Bucs' Duke does it again, this time to Mets
    More Headlines

Why the hell was it in 4:3 last week?!?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Schnitzer
    Why the hell was it in 4:3 last week?!?
    Last week's was a local broadcast. This is national...

Practice Squad
    according to the schedule on CBS.com as well as my guide on cable the game will not be in HDTV this week. I called CBD and they claimed it was too expensive for a pre-season game

Banned
    Game tonight is not televised in HD....as far as Time Warner is concerned.

Last week wasnt HD either, I had bars on both side of my widescreen

Undrafted Free Agent
    Bauldawg is correct. Check the CBSsportline.com's NFL on CBS schedule and as you see below the game is in HD.

CBS Sports 2005 NFL Schedule
    Date Time (ET) Program
    8/19 8:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. NFL on CBS - Preseason: Minnesota @ New York Jets (HDTV)
    8/27 8:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. NFL on CBS - Preseason: Indianapolis @ Denver (HDTV)
    9/11 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. The NFL Today: Pregame Show
    NFL on CBS: Singleheader - Week #1
    1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. N.Y. Jets @ Kansas City (HDTV)
    1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Houston @ Buffalo
    1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Denver @ Miami (HDTV)
    1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Tennessee @ Pittsburgh (HDTV)
    1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Cincinnati @ Cleveland
    9/18 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. The NFL Today: Pregame Show

All Pro
    LI = Optimum channel 702 1080i, like it is EVERY week

Hall Of Fame
    Anyone in S.Florida the game is on tonight on Direct T.V. on channel 4-1 in HD.

....uh, yes it is in HD.