Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats lose and I love it

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

Pats lose and I love it

Well, the Patsies lost last night, and even a mere preseason loss brings a smile to my face when its the Pats on the losing end. Here are some thoughts that irked me from the game last night:

1. The hit that Rodney Harrison layed on TE Ernie Conwell in the 1st quarter deserved a penalty. I know he hit him with his shoulder pad, but he launched himself high at Conwell and left his feet. The NFL forbids defensive players from launching themselves at WR's, and Harrison did just that. Should have been a penalty in my mind.

2. About 2-3 times Joe Buck and Troy Aikman both refereed to the Pats as a "young" team. This couldn't be any furthur from the truth. The vast majority of their key players are right near 30 or older. This list includes Bruschi, Vrabel, McGinnest, Harrison, T. Brown, Faulk, C. Brown, Dillon, and Poole. Yes the Pats have some good young players as well (Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Watson, Graham). And I know they still have Brady at age 28. But gimme a break, their key players are not getting any younger and cannot be considered young "future" players by any means.

3. On a positive note, wasn't it great to see Brady's first pass and INT by Dwight Smith? Oh it was lovely. And the Pats run D looked pathetic last night, yielding 125 yards to the Saints in the 1st half.
    Last edited by JediJustin; 08-19-2005 at 08:05 AM.

Banned
    Brady got laid OUT!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeJetsFan

2. About 2-3 times Joe Buck and Troy Aikman both refereed to the Pats as a "young" team. This couldn't be any furthur from the truth. The vast majority of their key players are right near 30 or older.
    See, it's idiotic comments like this from Jet fans who have no clue.

The Pats are a much younger team then last year.

Instead of making things up, check out the facts.

All Pro
    I can't believe Im gonna say this, but in Defence of NE, that Nathan Poole TD in the 4th was not in. I dont understand how the officials can consider that a TD. Every angle of replay showed it never crossed the line.

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    See, it's idiotic comments like this from Jet fans who have no clue.

The Pats are a much younger team then last year.

Instead of making things up, check out the facts.
    Umm, what part of my comment was incorrect? Which key player(s) are not over 30 that I mentioned? And as you should know, players over 30 in the NFL cannot be considered young. Maybe you should check the facts. Younger does not equate to being "better".

Banned
    You're gloating over a preseason game? Man what a bunch of dummies we have on this board.

Veteran
    As far as people thinking the Pats won't be as good as they have been this decade all I can say is I know better.

I would love to see them sink down to mediocrity.

But I don't care who is hurt. or what they looked like in a meaningless preseason game.

I will believe the Pats have fallen a little only when I see it and not before.

And the gap was four games between us last season so that is a lot of ground we have to make up.

The Pats being not as good does not make the Jets neccesarily better than them.

Banned
    it doesent matter if its august or november see'ing brady getting knocked flat on his a ss is great

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ummm, Guys PRE-SEASON MEANS NOTHING!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife
    As far as people thinking the Pats won't be as good as they have been this decade all I can say is I know better.

I would love to see them sink down to mediocrity.

But I don't care who is hurt. or what they looked like in a meaningless preseason game.

I will believe the Pats have fallen a little only when I see it and not before.

And the gap was four games between us last season so that is a lot of ground we have to make up.

The Pats being not as good does not make the Jets neccesarily better than them.
    gloating over a preseason loss is no different than saying what you saw confirms their greatness, we'll see what happens when the games count

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67
    Jetman67, my post had nothing to do with the outcome of a meaningless preseason game. It is simply to suggest that the majority of the Pats key "star" players are 30 or older and therefore cannot be considered a young team. I think Buck (who stinks anyway) and Aikman should have done a little more research and checked the ages of the players before they made those comments on air.

All Pro
    Umm, what part of my comment was incorrect? Which key player(s) are not over 30 that I mentioned? And as you should know, players over 30 in the NFL cannot be considered young. Maybe you should check the facts. Younger does not equate to being "better".

Only Corey Dillon on the offense is on the wrong side of 30.

Seymour, Warren, Wilfork and Green are 25, 24, 23 and 26 respectively with a 25 (Bailey) and 23 (Hill backing them up.

Chad Brown is 35, McGinest is 33 and Vrabel is 30. Beisel and Colvin are both 27. The two back-ups wiht the most time with the team is Banta-Cain (27) and Chatham (28), plus second year Alexander (23).

Rodney (32), Starks (31) and Poole (33) are the senior memebers of the DBs. Wilson (25) and Samuel (24) are the cronerstones of the future with Gay (23), Hobbs (22) Reid (24), Scott (23) and rookie Sanders (21) backing them up.

Of all the players on the wrong side of 30, two were not even with the team last year (Brown and Starks) and a third (Poole) missed the last 17 games due to injury.

Where exactly are the old people you speak of?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67
    You know, its not like we just found that out. Calm down. I think we all know it was a preseason game. But for crying out loud, is it wrong for people to actually give their reaction? If the game was as worthless as some of you imply, then why would FOX even bother to broadcast those 2 teams on our airwaves? Probably because SOME of us enjoy football, regardless where in the season it is. Hell I enjoy Arena football too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

Quote Originally Posted by PFSIKH
    Only Corey Dillon on the offense is on the wrong side of 30.

Seymour, Warren, Wilfork and Green are 25, 24, 23 and 26 respectively with a 25 (Bailey) and 23 (Hill backing them up.

Chad Brown is 35, McGinest is 33 and Vrabel is 30. Beisel and Colvin are both 27. The two back-ups wiht the most time with the team is Banta-Cain (27) and Chatham (28), plus second year Alexander (23).

Rodney (32), Starks (31) and Poole (33) are the senior memebers of the DBs. Wilson (25) and Samuel (24) are the cronerstones of the future with Gay (23), Hobbs (22) Reid (24), Scott (23) and rookie Sanders (21) backing them up.

Of all the players on the wrong side of 30, two were not even with the team last year (Brown and Starks) and a third (Poole) missed the last 17 games due to injury.

Where exactly are the old people you speak of?
    Way too early to tell about the young guys, as is the case for the other 31 teams. How will they perform when the older vets are not there anymore? Your main guys on D are over 30 and that was my point. Buck and Aikman refused to acknowledge this fact.

All League
    Not nice they are one of the original thirteen colonies.

All League
    Whhooo! this makes me breath a lot easier, because I thought guys like Mahwae, Martin, Kendell, Law, Chrebet etc were key players for the Jets. Its good to know that they are as old, decrepit and washed up as all those Pats players.

Another sorry assed analysis from a myopic Jet fan. Listen little man, EVERY NFL has 10 or so 30+ year old players on their team, INCLUDING YOUR JETS, so stop looking for ways to pretend that there is a chance for the Jets to get past the Pats anytime in your lifetime (sorry for the hyperbole here, but this is soooo typical).

If you had any brains at all, and wanted to comment about ways the Jets MIGHT beat the pats someday, last nights game should have given you all the ammo you might need. It just that the "age factor" ISN'T one of them..... again and most emphatically

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Well, the Patsies lost last night, and even a mere preseason loss brings a smile to my face when its the Pats on the losing end. Here are some thoughts that irked me from the game last night:

1. The hit that Rodney Harrison layed on TE Ernie Conwell in the 1st quarter deserved a penalty. I know he hit him with his shoulder pad, but he launched himself high at Conwell and left his feet. The NFL forbids defensive players from launching themselves at WR's, and Harrison did just that. Should have been a penalty in my mind.

2. About 2-3 times Joe Buck and Troy Aikman both refereed to the Pats as a "young" team. This couldn't be any furthur from the truth. The vast majority of their key players are right near 30 or older. This list includes Bruschi, Vrabel, McGinnest, Harrison, T. Brown, Faulk, C. Brown, Dillon, and Poole. Yes the Pats have some good young players as well (Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Watson, Graham). And I know they still have Brady at age 28. But gimme a break, their key players are not getting any younger and cannot be considered young "future" players by any means.

3. On a positive note, wasn't it great to see Brady's first pass and INT by Dwight Smith? Oh it was lovely. And the Pats run D looked pathetic last night, yielding 125 yards to the Saints in the 1st half.
    You are in the running to join the F-The Pats club

Banned
    :I'm convinced the football gods gave the Pats recent success because their fan base is the biggest bunch of whiney **nts in the NFL.

Look at them foaming at the mouth in this thread. Pathetic.

ITS ONLY PRESEASON!

WHO'S OVER THIRTY!

LOOK AT CHREBET AND MAWAE!

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken
    Whhooo! this makes me breath a lot easier, because I thought guys like Mahwae, Martin, Kendell, Law, Chrebet etc were key players for the Jets. Its good to know that they are as old, decrepit and washed up as all those Pats players.

Another sorry assed analysis from a myopic Jet fan. Listen little man, EVERY NFL has 10 or so 30+ year old players on their team, INCLUDING YOUR JETS, so stop looking for ways to pretend that there is a chance for the Jets to get past the Pats anytime in your lifetime (sorry for the hyperbole here, but this is soooo typical).

If you had any brains at all, and wanted to comment about ways the Jets MIGHT beat the pats someday, last nights game should have given you all the ammo you might need. It just that the "age factor" ISN'T one of them..... again and most emphatically
    So sad that Pats fan cannot learn to READ. Not once did I ever say we did not have aging players on both sides of the ball as well. But we didn't play last night, and the commentators did not call a game for us!! Funny how we can miss the point of a thread so easily. Seems like we keep missing the word "key" but I would expect that from you I presume. Do we have key older players on the wrong side of 30? Umm, yes. Did Buck and Aikman refer to the Jets as a young team last night? Umm, no.

Hey, try READING the thread first before you post a reply. Myopic Jets fan? Any brains at all?

We'll see you in December when it counts. Till then, keep your pie hole shut....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken

The vein in your forehead is about to burst

Its ok to cry.....let it out