Thread: Bollinger or Ricky Ray

Banned

Bollinger or Ricky Ray

Why does Bollinger automatically get the 3rd string job. why not bring someone else in to give him a run for his money. I'd rather have Ricky Ray here b/c he has way more potential than bollinger. I live up in Canada and hes having a great season with the eskimoes. So who would u rather have?

Quote Originally Posted by jimEjet25
    Why does Bollinger automatically get the 3rd string job. why not bring someone else in to give him a run for his money. I'd rather have Ricky Ray here b/c he has way more potential than bollinger. I live up in Canada and hes having a great season with the eskimoes. So who would u rather have?
    Bollinger. Ray REALLY sucked

Banned
    how many snaps did ray take

Quote Originally Posted by jimEjet25
    how many snaps did ray take
    In preseaspn hr ,ase bollywood looked ok

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I think Ray was a better guy for the #3 job. I wouldn't want to see either play in an actual game for us though.

why do you care so much about the 3rd string. the 3rd sting qb takes like 6 snapps every 2 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

debating about the 3rd string QB?

why?

we have Chad and Feidler

chances of the 3rd string seeing the field is remote and by the way there is nothing wrong with Bollinger.....the man is playing with players that probably won't even make the squad.....last year he came into a game (cardinals) and was aiiiight.

Nuff Said.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    I think Ray was a better guy for the #3 job. I wouldn't want to see either play in an actual game for us though.

i agree but wen carter went down in arizona last yr bollinger didnt do that bad for the amount of snaps he took

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine
    why do you care so much about the 3rd string. the 3rd sting qb takes like 6 snapps every 2 years.
    Because you are literally two snaps away from having to play a third stringer. Guys like Brady and Warner and Bulger and the QB from KC whose name escapes me were all third stringers that moved up the chart due to injuries. Teams should not treat their 3rd string QB position lightly.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    Because you are literally two snaps away from having to play a third stringer. Guys like Brady and Warner and Bulger and the QB from KC whose name escapes me were all third stringers that moved up the chart due to injuries. Teams should not treat their 3rd string QB position lightly.

Hence why Eakin should be getting some game time so we can see what this guy is all about. We know what Fielder can do, so its time to put Eakin in a game and see if the NFL Europe success can spill over to NFL North America.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    Brady and Bulger were 2nd string.

Ray sucked, proved that he couldn't play. There is a reason he wasn't signed elsewhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut
    Brady and Bulger were 2nd string.

Ray sucked, proved that he couldn't play. There is a reason he wasn't signed elsewhere.
    Brady, a 6th round draft choice and Bulger came into their very first camps as 2nd string? Perhaps, I find that tough to believe. They may have been up to 2nd string when the starter got hurt but I am sure they did not start there in the 1st place.

Practice Squad
    I liked what Bollinger did when he had to come into a real game last season. If Fiedler was not here this constant questioning of the #3 QB slot might be relevant. Since Fiedler is here, and I am very glad that he is here, this entire topic is ridiculous. I trust the Jets to do the right thing. If Bollinger does not continue to advance his skills, then the Jets draft a QB next year to give him a run for the #3 slot. No big deal here folks.