Thread: Shotgun

All League

Shotgun

Did anyone else last night get misty eyed when they saw chad in the shotgun/our offense has finally moved into the 1980's.Forget the ty law signing,getting coles back jolley blaylock the best move they could have ever done was getting rid of Paul (even a 6 yr old can predict your plays) Hackett.

GET INTO CAMP J ABE KICK BUTT THIS YR AND YOU GET YOUR CONTRACT.

All League

Talking

i bet no one here can name the first ever team to use shotgun offense

All League
    the old single wing offense of the 1930s and 40s used the shotgun (though it wasn't called "the shotgun"). then Tom Landry's Dallas Cowboys brought it back into style in the 70s. don't know if they were the first to bring it back, but they were definitely the most notable.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius
    i bet no one here can name the first ever team to use shotgun offense

It was the Mafia, but I forgot which of the five families it was. They all had the same uniforms.

Veteran
    didnt the New york jets start the "shotgun" might been called something else before them but they coined it.

im thinking it was us cuz in remeber the titans, they mention the jets when theother team is using the shotgun

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by blast2blaze
    didnt the New york jets start the "shotgun" might been called something else before them but they coined it.

im thinking it was us cuz in remeber the titans, they mention the jets when theother team is using the shotgun
    your right in the sence of the AFL, the shotgun wasnt used for like 35 years and then Joe Namath did it with the jets... but its not the jets who first started it.